Mangino threads

stargazer

It would seem strange that any kid, in his prime, would take crap from a fat out of shape guy. Should've just put the big man out of his misery the 1st time he touched him,if true.

i've never understood how these top notch athletes could listen to, take advice from, and respect someone so horribly out of shape. if someone in power tells me to do something, they better be able to do it as well (or make a great attempt at it). for example, if mangino told me to run laps for penalties in a game or something, i would laugh in his face and tell him that he is the one that needs to be running laps.

this discussion has taken a turn to the outrageous. just because mangino can't run laps does not mean he does not know football or how to coach. is not the saying, 'those who can't do, coach.' seems to make sense, the coach has the plan and knowledge, the players have the talent.

does that work for old people? if a great coach was old and could not run laps, would you respect him any less?

Former players are coming out of the woodwork now Hereford, Fields, Crawford all talking about how Mangino treats his players.

This can't end well for them, but I can see Mangino keeping his job in exchange for a public apology and agreeing to anger management counseling.

Naw, he's gone. That formal interview last night was a big CYA on their legal front. They knew what they were doing, and they were just getting it fully documented.

So the guy got everything word for word in the heat of the moment memorized. I don't know. It is rather silly to continue to ticket the guy if he were unloading things. Plus if he really was putting in 16 hour days.... he was probably a little grumpy. It sounds like the issue was addressed and the school gave mangino a parking spot up close to "unload" or whatever so that's that. Gonna need more instances than this.

Kansas University athletic director Lew Perkins met Monday night with the school's football players to discuss concerns about football coach Mark Mangino brought to his attention by one of the current players and others with ties to the football program, the Journal-World has learned.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/nov/17/k...-over-concerns/

:sarcasm Aquarium dude just called me on my private line...said "Mangino is coming out of the closet...wants the university to install a garage door so he can get through it, but too embarrassed to ask himself, so he had others do it for him".

this discussion has taken a turn to the outrageous. just because mangino can't run laps does not mean he does not know football or how to coach. is not the saying, 'those who can't do, coach.' seems to make sense, the coach has the plan and knowledge, the players have the talent.

does that work for old people? if a great coach was old and could not run laps, would you respect him any less?

there is a huge difference between being old and being morbidly obese. you can't help one, but you sure as hell can help the other.