Player: Lavonte David

Hometown: Miami, FL

JC: Fort Scott Community College

Position: LB

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 214 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date: 11/20

Scholarships: Baylor, Florida International, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulsa

Favorites: Nebraska

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

Scholarships: Florida International, Kansas, Kansas State, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulsa

Favorites: Florida International, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Texas, Southern Miss, TCU, Tennessee, Tulsa, Utah

With that offer list . . . I'd have to guess that if Nebraska offered it'd come down to us or Tennessee.

Scholarships: Florida International, Kansas, Kansas State, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Tulsa

Favorites: Florida International, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, North Texas, Southern Miss, TCU, Tennessee, Tulsa, Utah

With that offer list . . . I'd have to guess that if Nebraska offered it'd come down to us or Tennessee.

getting an offical from this guy would be huge.... i can really see this guy here.... i mean actually committing....

I'd love to get this guy, especially considering we'll be losing Dillard after this year.

exactly :horns2:horns2

I think my boy Eric Martin has his eyes on Dillard's spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

i hope so, maybe redshirt him and then he would be a beast!!

Does he have a redshirt available? He's a JuCo.

Somebody was saying in another thread that he is a 3 to play 3 guy.

I'd love to get this guy, especially considering we'll be losing Dillard after this year.

exactly :horns2:horns2

I think my boy Eric Martin has his eyes on Dillard's spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

This

Eric Martin has to learn how to play basic football before he sees an offense. Special teams is one thing, but he's not there mentally yet.

By the way I reeeally hope we get David. This kid looks like a playmaker, seems as if he would be perfect for Carlfense.

i hope so, maybe redshirt him and then he would be a beast!!

Does he have a redshirt available? He's a JuCo.

Somebody was saying in another thread that he is a 3 to play 3 guy.

Well I think he is a 3 to play 2 guy. He is listed as a Sophomore on Scout, most 3/3 guys are listed as RFr.

Nebraska offered, said he will decide after a bowl game.

He's pretty much N

After ours or his??

Thanks in advance :cheers

Good news....this kid looks like a beast on the field.

I wonder why his offer list doesn't include many major programs outside of Nebraska and Tennessee???

good news :snacks::snacks:

Am I the only one that feels that is a little to late. We need to know a little bit earlier, because there are 5 stars that NU can wait on rather than him.

Earlier??? That's only 1.5 weeks!! I'd say that's plenty early. The other guys we are on for LB are going to wait much later, and I really don't know of a LB out of High School we are on hard as well as them being High on us. I say in 1.5 weeks he's N.

I wonder why his offer list doesn't include many major programs outside of Nebraska and Tennessee???

I think JUCO offer lists tend to be less impressive than similarly graded high schoolers. Even 4* may only have a few bigger names after them. I don't remember Jason Pierre Paul's offer list being that big and he was an absolute beast.

I think we'll get David or Cooper at LB, and would be happy with either.

I think JUCO offer lists tend to be less impressive than similarly graded high schoolers. Even 4* may only have a few bigger names after them. I don't remember Jason Pierre Paul's offer list being that big and he was an absolute beast.

Makes sense. I also think it might have to do a little with the current "early commitment" trend from high schoolers. You would think schools are holding back early offers to JUCO kids to see what the kids on their "high school board" do first. Maybe.....

Makes sense. I also think it might have to do a little with the current "early commitment" trend from high schoolers. You would think schools are holding back early offers to JUCO kids to see what the kids on their "high school board" do first. Maybe.....

I definitely thinks this plays a role. Obviously schools would rather have someone with 5 to play 4 vs. a player that has maybe 3 to play 3 or 3 to play 2. Schools will go through their HS list first I would think because of the limited eligibility and inability to develop the player in your mold.

You take a juco to fill an immediate need that next year as well. You add a HS kid when you forsee a need down the road.

You take a juco to fill an immediate need that next year as well. You add a HS kid when you forsee a need down the road.

i dont about all this stuff but i know i like him and i know i'll take him :snacks::snacks::snacks:

True. But a guy with the skill Lavonte has is not someone you turn away, regardless of who you have at the position.

True. But a guy with the skill Lavonte has is not someone you turn away, regardless of who you have at the position.

Agreed.

Agreed.

so does anyone know if Lavonte is already a silent Nebraska committ? thats what i've been hearing........

Says who?

If I am not mistaken it was Jeremy Crabtree that said it. Could be wrong though. But Jeremy also said that NU just might land Owa.

Coaches (Ekeler, Watson and Barney Cotton) went to his JC bowl game...which his team lost, but he was named Defensive MVP.

Not ready to commit, but will by Dec 16th.

Wants to visit Florida International and KU first per rivals.

Coaches (Ekeler, Watson and Barney Cotton) went to his JC bowl game...which his team lost, but he was named Defensive MVP.

Not ready to commit, but will by Dec 16th.

Wants to visit Florida International and KU first per rivals.

okay................... FIU vs. Nebraska....... or the completly demoed KU football program vs. Nebraska... i hope our Lavonte can see what great stuff is happening here......

we need you buddy!!

Wanting to be closer to home is the only draw that I can see for him to go to FIU.

but come on now FIU!???

nothing against them as a school but i think nebraska would be a way better place to further his career................

Wanting to be closer to home is the only draw that I can see for him to go to FIU.

but come on now FIU!???

nothing against them as a school but i think nebraska would be a way better place to further his career................

I agree. I was just trying to find one good reason he would visit a place like FIU. Thats all I got. :dunno

SWEET!!!

Hey, does anyone know what this kid was ranked coming out of high school?

2 star committed to Middle Tennesee State out of a high profile high school program (same school as Jacory Harris and half of Miami's current roster, Miami Northwestern).