SIGNED LB Lavonte David

Am I the only one that feels that is a little to late. We need to know a little bit earlier, because there are 5 stars that NU can wait on rather than him.

Earlier??? That's only 1.5 weeks!! I'd say that's plenty early. The other guys we are on for LB are going to wait much later, and I really don't know of a LB out of High School we are on hard as well as them being High on us. I say in 1.5 weeks he's N.

Good news....this kid looks like a beast on the field.

I wonder why his offer list doesn't include many major programs outside of Nebraska and Tennessee???

I think JUCO offer lists tend to be less impressive than similarly graded high schoolers. Even 4* may only have a few bigger names after them. I don't remember Jason Pierre Paul's offer list being that big and he was an absolute beast.

I think we'll get David or Cooper at LB, and would be happy with either.

I wonder why his offer list doesn't include many major programs outside of Nebraska and Tennessee???

I think JUCO offer lists tend to be less impressive than similarly graded high schoolers. Even 4* may only have a few bigger names after them. I don't remember Jason Pierre Paul's offer list being that big and he was an absolute beast.

Makes sense. I also think it might have to do a little with the current "early commitment" trend from high schoolers. You would think schools are holding back early offers to JUCO kids to see what the kids on their "high school board" do first. Maybe.....

Makes sense. I also think it might have to do a little with the current "early commitment" trend from high schoolers. You would think schools are holding back early offers to JUCO kids to see what the kids on their "high school board" do first. Maybe.....

I definitely thinks this plays a role. Obviously schools would rather have someone with 5 to play 4 vs. a player that has maybe 3 to play 3 or 3 to play 2. Schools will go through their HS list first I would think because of the limited eligibility and inability to develop the player in your mold.

You take a juco to fill an immediate need that next year as well. You add a HS kid when you forsee a need down the road.

True. But a guy with the skill Lavonte has is not someone you turn away, regardless of who you have at the position.

Agreed.

You take a juco to fill an immediate need that next year as well. You add a HS kid when you forsee a need down the road.

True. But a guy with the skill Lavonte has is not someone you turn away, regardless of who you have at the position.

Agreed.

so does anyone know if Lavonte is already a silent Nebraska committ? thats what i've been hearing........