WR Evan Spencer

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I think I might want him as my number 1 get for receiver next year. Looked very impressive throughout the video. Great speed, great hands, kind of looked a little like Ted Ginn. Plays anything like him then I don't think anyone would complain about Nebraska lacking any speed at receiver (what with him and Bell). He pretty much out ran people on numerous plays, and there were also a number of plays where he was 1 step from breaking open only to get tripped. I want him.

Dad went to Ohio State and coaches for the Bears.

Here is an article about him and his teammate, DaVaris Daniels:

The sons also rise

Vernon Hills High football stars following in footsteps of their famous fathers

November 2, 2009

BY DAVE MASTERSON dmasterson@scn1.com

Living six doors away from each other since the sixth grade, Vernon Hills High football stars DaVaris Daniels and Evan Spencer have found enough in common through the years to become best friends.

Juniors on a successful 8-2 Cougars team that has already racked up an IHSA Class 5A playoff win, the pair are also sons of prominent NFL fathers.

DaVaris' dad is Washington Redskins defensive end Philip Daniels (who formerly played for the Bears) and Evan's dad is Bears running-backs coach Tim Spencer, a former NFL player and the third-leading rusher in Ohio State history (behind Heisman Trophy winners Archie Griffin and Eddie George ).

"We'd like to go to the same school," said Evan, as DaVaris nodded his agreement. "But we'll have to see how things play out."

Vernon Hills coach Tony Monken believes that any university would be glad to have either player.

"Both are great young men who work hard and are very humble," said Monken. "There's no arrogance at all about either of them."

"Evan," Monken continued, "runs stronger with the ball. He's become much more physical. As a receiver he's excellent at going up and getting it ... at catching the ball away from his body."

More

• 3 weeks later...

Junior wide receiver Evan Spencer still is considering Nebraska among his scholarship offers in the Class of 2011.

Spencer recently picked up offers from Notre Dame and Ohio State, the ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois have also offered scholarships to the 6-foot, 178-pound prospect with Buckeye ties. Both his parents went to Ohio State and his father, Tim, played in the Horseshoe.

"I don't have any leader," Spencer stated. "When I was five and younger, I always dreamed of playing there (at Ohio State). Now I'm extremely open minded. I'm not going to put them over anyone else because my dad went there and my parents went there. I'm not the type of person where they offer me and I'm committing right now. I'm definitely going to wait and look at all my options."

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/tag/_/name/davaris-daniels

Junior wide receiver Evan Spencer still is considering Nebraska among his scholarship offers in the Class of 2011.

Spencer recently picked up offers from Notre Dame and Ohio State, the ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois have also offered scholarships to the 6-foot, 178-pound prospect with Buckeye ties. Both his parents went to Ohio State and his father, Tim, played in the Horseshoe.

"I don't have any leader," Spencer stated. "When I was five and younger, I always dreamed of playing there (at Ohio State). Now I'm extremely open minded. I'm not going to put them over anyone else because my dad went there and my parents went there. I'm not the type of person where they offer me and I'm committing right now. I'm definitely going to wait and look at all my options."

Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Cincinnati (have offered). I'm glad Ohio State offered but my dad told me he wants me to see what's out there. He really wants me to do my homework and find the school that's best for me. If that's Ohio State then great.

Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Cincinnati (have offered). I'm glad Ohio State offered but my dad told me he wants me to see what's out there. He really wants me to do my homework and find the school that's best for me. If that's Ohio State then great.

well atleast he is keeping an open mind.. hope he has a disfunctional relationship with his dad so he can consider Nebraska and not committ to osu right away.......

• 1 month later...