Collins saying that he recieved money to play at NU....

Can't wait to hear all about this crap next week here in CO. After the loss to OK State I am sure this will be talked about. Yippee skippie... <_<

i'm not. you're the one who is claiming it is going to be a pain to live in buffalo territory. thunder collins is a tragic story, i am not defending him, but he has had a sad life. take it easy, and don't complain about boulder fans then, maybe you should just take it with humility and apologize for being a husker fan. you complain about what you are going to have to put up with and then basically berate me because you believe, as a husker fan, you deserve it? then why complain about it, just deal with it. i do not really care about your local issues. oh, and sorry i don't live in CO, i don't know the full scoop on CU's allegations like you do. you must have some real insider information as you live in the same state as the allegations, i only have the national and local press to rely on and the school's reaction, which, i guess compared to living in CO, the same state, is nothing. i'm so in the dark, please share the information missed by the national and local media and explain why the school reacted as it did? i'm dying to hear it. besides, there is a difference between defending the alleged money given to collins and collins as a convicted murder. i was giving you an example of how the money thing was not as bad as other allegations of schools, but to you, with you inside information that everyone in the state knows, yet cannot escape the state, that would convey an air of superiority. pointing out a hypocrisy means you think you are better than everyone else, good point. you complain about the complaints coming, and i give an example of how fans should be careful of the criticisms they hurl, and i think i'm better than everyone else? what post were you reading? please explain how what i wrote gave you the impression i think husker fans are better than everyone else, obviously we are not because you are a husker fan. i am not one to get into a pissing match about the shortcomings of programs, everyone has their embarrassments, that was all i was saying, but that thought makes me arrogant and a believer that husker fans are the best. i've read enough on this board to realize that we are anything but the best.

never said it was going to be a pain. I've lived here for over 20 years and trust me I can hold my own. Don't hand me poor Thunder. He knew what the rules were when he got here. Good for him trying to take care of his brother but his actions don't justify his intentions. Poor Thunder my ass.

oh, i'm sorry. the 'yippee skippie' was literal, i thought it was sarcastic; my bad. you actually can't wait to hear all about this crap next week there in CO; again, thought that was sarcasm. i would argue his actions in taking money, if he did, did justify his intentions in that he was trying to provide the best life he could for him and his brother, and football and a college education was his only way out, and then maybe to the nfl. the only way he could afford school? football scholarship. i guess he could have got a job to make money to support his brother while on the football team, oh wait he could not.

further notice, any response you provide, i will not respond back to on this topic.

it's been real.

:LOLtartar @sd'sker: Now that is how you tell someone off with class. Well played. I always enjoy it when someone makes someone else look silly without insults.

IMO all of Thunder's moral responsibilities went out the window with his murder conviction, regardless of his past, he couldn't overcome it and now will have the rest of his life to deal with it. As far as him saying he was "paid" well he probably was, but i am not going down that road to feel sorry for the guy whatsoever. He came here to get a new start with football and school and failed and went back to what he knew. Sad story, not poor Thunder... <_<

IMO all of Thunder's moral responsibilities went out the window with his murder conviction, regardless of his past, he couldn't overcome it and now will have the rest of his life to deal with it. As far as him saying he was "paid" well he probably was, but i am not going down that road to feel sorry for the guy whatsoever. He came here to get a new start with football and school and failed and went back to what he knew. Sad story, not poor Thunder... <_<

I understand that Collins is the only one responsible for his actions, and it is a sad story. I only feel bad because Collins was not able to make better decisions with the opportunities given to him. He had an out, and did not take it, that is the tragedy.

it happens everywhere.

E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E worth a chit

You take these kids out of the hood & you think they are going to live on raman noodles like the rest of the college kids? This is why most programs at least try to put a little seperation between themselves & their boosters.

"Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood. They had all this foreign sh#t. They didn't have sh#t on my brother, man." - Doughboy

Thunder Collins while sitting in jail on a life sentence is now saying that he received $1,000 a month from boosters while he was a player at NU.

"He reiterated his stance that he's no snitch — saying that was part of the reason he left the Nebraska football team as a senior. Collins, a running back, said he took the fall rather than snitch about what he now claims were $1,000-a-month payments from boosters."

http://omaha.com/article/20091113/NEWS01/911129978

You sure they didn't pay him to LEAVE NU...??

Plenty of people grow up as bad and worse than he did and with less opportunities than he had. He turned into a dope dealer and a murderer (he may not have pulled the trigger but he was in on the crime). I don't feel bad for him, or feel sad that he threw away his life. I'm glad he's in prison forever and will never have the chance to hurt another innocent person as long as he lives. Just one man's opinion.

Thunder Collins while sitting in jail on a life sentence is now saying that he received $1,000 a month from boosters while he was a player at NU.

"He reiterated his stance that he's no snitch — saying that was part of the reason he left the Nebraska football team as a senior. Collins, a running back, said he took the fall rather than snitch about what he now claims were $1,000-a-month payments from boosters."

http://omaha.com/article/20091113/NEWS01/911129978

What ever happened to that Martin or Mark Lucky dude who played for the Huskers a couple of years ago. Aint heard much about him.

Plenty of people grow up as bad and worse than he did and with less opportunities than he had. He turned into a dope dealer and a murderer (he may not have pulled the trigger but he was in on the crime). I don't feel bad for him, or feel sad that he threw away his life. I'm glad he's in prison forever and will never have the chance to hurt another innocent person as long as he lives. Just one man's opinion.

Another drug dealer is an innocent person?

Even if he did, the booster has no official capacity at NU so no sanctions will be brought against the school. See Reggie Bush.

He would be ineligible which could cause forfeiture of the games he played in. USC has not been punished for Bush because no one (who matters) is talking and the NCAA has no power to make anyone talk in this case.

Exactly