Who's got better late night?

Good question, I think it's more of a generational thing.

Seems like the older baby boomers prefer Letterman and Leno, while the gen-Xers prefer Conan's humor. Personally I love Conan and can't wait 'til he takes over for Leno. BTW where's Magic Johnson in this category?

You may be right.

I always thought I was probably conceived while my parents had Johnny Carson on the TV, Not sure if that makes me a "Boomer"..Maybe tail end, but my Wife was born a month or two after Woodstock and She hates Conan too.

Leno was probably my fav. Carson substitute and It wasn't too dificult a transition.

"Specially when he had Branford Marsalis as his Band leader.

Letterman was ok but seems to have deteriorated over the years, while Leno seems to have been consistently good...I missed a few years.. having sex?

Conan's claim to fame seems to be as a writer for SNL..(Must've been long after it was good).

I'd think the older boomers would like him more if only to the similarity to Howdy Doody but from the side..there's a little Bevis, so that might be why the kids like him.

Arsenio Hall ?..A little dissapointed when they took him off the air..WHen he was competing with L&L, I usually just turned to whoever had the best guest that night (if I was home).

Probably my Fav. new blood is Carson Daly..Except the Bands he usually has on suck hard.

Now if we could only get Larry the Cable Guy..I can just imagine him in an Armani Suit with the sleeves torn off.

:clap

Or how 'bout rotating in different commedians for a month each?..well, except for Michael Richards :nutz

• 5 years later...

It's been over a decade since I've really watched any of them. I used to watch Letterman then switch it over to NBC to watch Conan when he came on after Leno. Conan was by far the best back then. Leno sucked. His jokes usually sucked, and even if they were good his delivery is just atrocious.

Good question, I think it's more of a generational thing.

Seems like the older baby boomers prefer Letterman and Leno, while the gen-Xers prefer Conan's humor. Personally I love Conan and can't wait 'til he takes over for Leno. BTW where's Magic Johnson in this category?

Why on earth would this happen? Didn't CBS make a big stink when they bumped him, kept him off TV for, what, a year? I think it is more likely that Conan will take over for Letterman