Ticket Alotment, kinda sh**ty.

Although I google mapped "Big12" and a map of Arizona was the first one that showed up (I'm guessing there's some "history" on my computer at play here..There was also a column on the side asking if I wanted to search for "Big12 buisnesses" around Chandler..(and later, a popup trying to persuade me to hook up with girls from Sun City West..Yikes!..little do they know it's on the other side of Phoenix and is a retirement community..where the average breast size is 42-Long) ). <_<
What does that have to do with anything?

Just thinking out loud as to why google would show a map of Arizona when I searched for "Big12 country"

Although I don't really think of San Antonio or Houston being "Big12 Country" material..Shoot, a few (3 ?) years ago, we got 4 or 5 recruits from the metro Phoenix area and maybe one from Houston..but I imagine most of the other conference teams have some Houston/San Antonio / Gulf Coast area players. :dunno ..
So just because you don't think of them as being in Big 12 Country that means they aren't? Big 12 Country, as I intended it to be taken, refers to the states in which Big 12 football is played. I didn't realize it would be open for interpretation but I've heard many people refer to other areas as "Big 10" or "SEC" etc ad infinitum "Country."

How are they any more "Big 12 Country" than the Phoenix metro area?

I've seen more than one big12 team play at Sun Devil stadium durring the regular season and post season.

Has any conference team played at San Antonio State or in the astro dome other than Bowl games or misplaced conference championships?

I skipped Geography class, but I remember when I lived in Austin, TX..there was a 20 mile difference between driving to Phoenix to visit my Brother, or driving to Lincoln to visit my Sister...Or having my Sister drive out to Phx from Lincoln..(think equalateral triangle).

As it is..I see WAY too many air haulers (empty pickups) with longhorn/KSU/ATM/OU/Okie State/CU/Baylor/KS/and even Missouri bumper stickers on my way to work every morning.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything, either.

Mainly..That not just Nebraska would sell out here or in San Diego..Many teams are well represented out here what with all the transplanted midwest college grads and snowbirds that live here or on the nearby left coast.

The prev. paragraph I try to demonstrate how Phoenix is probably closer to some of our conference home stadiums than Houston or San Antone.

This probably isn't really worth us arguing about..

Just know that there are a lot of faithful fans outside of the Texas or Missouri borders, and many of us can't take the time off work or afford the trip back (home?) as often as we'd like..And I'd really really hate to see Jerry wind up with a monopoly on the rest of the B12 championship games like they're talking about in another thread.

And dergibog..

Only 50,000?

Imagine how much they could sell the tickets for if they're that worried about money or selling out.

Why not just have it in New York City while we are discussing arbitrary locations that make no sense?

Makes about as much sense as DFW..er Arlen

I'd vote Hawaii...Imagine the bennefit to recruiting. :)

Never had any interest in visiting NY, but this would make it more worthwhile.

I guess I'd just rather see it bennefit actual college towns than NFL cities..Even if it means going to Austin (and 6th street) or even Ames.

Arlen would be fun! Hangin' with Hank Hill and the gang. Although they are Horns fans, it could be a good tailgate; they like to drink beer at least. And Hank does make the game winning call for Nebraska to beat Texas in the Championship Game (great episode)

Why not just have it in New York City while we are discussing arbitrary locations that make no sense?

Makes about as much sense as DFW..er Arlen

I'd vote Hawaii...Imagine the bennefit to recruiting. :)

Never had any interest in visiting NY, but this would make it more worthwhile.

I guess I'd just rather see it bennefit actual college towns than NFL cities..Even if it means going to Austin (and 6th street) or even Ames.

Arlen would be fun! Hangin' with Hank Hill and the gang. Although they are Horns fans, it could be a good tailgate; they like to drink beer at least. And Hank does make the game winning call for Nebraska to beat Texas in the Championship Game (great episode)

Yeah that one was awesome. They ended up getting in a fight with Texas fans and NU fans saved them. Funny, funny, stuff.

There are an awful lot of stupid people in this thread.

And one more is added :wacko:

Just in case people don't realize my humber (or lack thereof) I was pointing out that Arlen is a fictional town.

humber?

For some reason, I'm reminded of a line from Caddyshack.

Judge Smails (GB): "... and I'm no slouch myself"

Ty Webb: "Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch."

And there is no such thang as a fictional town in Tejas.

ZZTop.jpg