Parking/bars advice from a Arlington resident

hookem22

first of all, let me say that I am a UT Grad and a diehard UT fan, so having said that...Hook Em Horns...

but I wish yall the best of luck on Saturday and as yall probably already know, there are a large number of people in the DFW are that are cheering for yall to pull the upset (TCU fans)...

anyway, i posted this on ShaggyBevo.com (probably the best longhorns forum...be advised though, the forum is known for, as well call it, "buncha a$$hole$ on this site"). I thought id share some tips about parking and about where to watch the SEC CG (If you care to watch it)...

Parking:

I plan on parking in Lincoln Square. Lincoln Square is located at the corner of Collins and Road To Six Flags. If you park there, and spend $40 at one or any combination of the stores in Lincoln Square, you are good to go...just put the receipt on the dash of your car...

here is a map of Lincoln Square and all of the stores there...

large-map.jpg

Six Flags is also open on Saturday from 2 pm - 10 pm...I have parked there many times for Rangers games and never had any issues, but I do not know what their policy is for parking for events at the Cowboys Stadium...at last check parking costs $15. Id call ahead first though to be sure there is not a problem with parking there for the game...

As far as bars for the SEC CG...

Sherlock's is located in Lincoln Square and its a decent bar with some tv's

There is a TGIF at the SW corner of Collins & Copeland (access road to I-30)

There is a Chili's at the SE corner of Collins & Copeland

There is a Hooter's on the East side of Collins between Copeland and Road To Six Flags

There is a Black Eyed Pea at the NW corner of Collins and Road To Six Flags

There is a Colter's at the SW corner of Collins and Road To Six Flags

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings on the East Side of Collins south of Road To Six Flags

There is a Cici's Pizza on the west side of Collins right across the street from the Cowboys Stadium

There is a Star Sports Bar & Grill on the west side of Collins right across the street from the Cowboys Stadium

On the east side of the stadium, there is a Humperdink's at the NE corner of Six Flags Dr. & Road To Six Flags

There is a Texas Land & Cattle & a On The Border at the corner of Copeland & Ballpark Way

There is a Joe's Crab Shack at the corner of Copeland and Nolan Ryan Expressway

If you have any other questions about the Arlington area, feel free to ask...ive lived here for 14 years now (moving though in about a month)...for those of you coming from Nebraska, hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your time in "God's Country"

Many years ago while I was going to SMU I witnessed this: The parking was tough to get at a popular watering hole, it was packed. A pickup with TX plates and a wench backed up to a car with OK plates, hooked up the wench and pulled it out to the middle of the street, and took its place. Within 10 minutes the police and a wrecker hauled the car away.

I know Sooners/Horns get along well together but . . . .

Many years ago while I was going to SMU I witnessed this: The parking was tough to get at a popular watering hole, it was packed. A pickup with TX plates and a wench backed up to a car with OK plates, hooked up the wench and pulled it out to the middle of the street, and took its place. Within 10 minutes the police and a wrecker hauled the car away.

I know Sooners/Horns get along well together but . . . .

Now that's just plain funny................ :lol: