The offensive Line.

Cotton's coaching of the O line has been a joke all season. It was obvious that Texas didn't respect our run or pass... but I'm not sure many teams do. But w/o opening up a decent running game, passing wasn't much of an option. And neither can be done effectively w/o a good O line. Cotton is on my list of first to go when they clean house. He can also take his son w/ him who cost our offense at least two crucial false start penalties.

I'm not saying that Cotton is an O-line God, but c'mon, we don't have the talent we had in the 90's, may never again, to push a top flight D-line around when they're stacking the box. Perhaps the scheme could be changed and the talent upgraded, but thats not going to happen over the course of two seasons. What if we had even average QB and WRs that Ds would have to account for? Wouldn't that make our O-line seem that much better?

The right coach can make huge improvements on our O line. Just like the Pelini's changed our D. It's not necessarily who you have for talent, but what you do with that talent and how you coach them. You can be the best QB in college football and have great WR to boot, but without a good O line, you accomplish nothing --> see Sam Bradford and Oklahoma!

The right coach will not just let the O-line completely regress.

A couple things: we did lose players to graduation and other reasons (Jaivorio?) but, Callahan stacked our O-line with some considerable talent when he left. Would have been more had it not been for the WAVE of O-line decommits after he was fired. Moreover, Callahan is one hell of an O-line coach, and he's one of the best in the NFL right now.

Cotton came in and criticized Callahan's coaching style! I'm sorry, Cally wasn't the right HC for our program but he knew his $hite especially with regards to offensive line. Now Cotton's here downplaying technique and fundamentals and just telling them to play hard (if I'm not mistaken?).

You're right, if we had outstanding skill players as we did last year, then we can still roll. But it's rare to assemble that kind of veteran skill, leadership, and gamesmanship. They don't say "it starts in the trenches" for nothing...

In the 90's we were athletically dominant and could just beat people up. We've lost that edge over other teams and can't build our teams the same way anymore.

Cotton's coaching of the O line has been a joke all season. It was obvious that Texas didn't respect our run or pass... but I'm not sure many teams do. But w/o opening up a decent running game, passing wasn't much of an option. And neither can be done effectively w/o a good O line. Cotton is on my list of first to go when they clean house. He can also take his son w/ him who cost our offense at least two crucial false start penalties.

I'm not saying that Cotton is an O-line God, but c'mon, we don't have the talent we had in the 90's, may never again, to push a top flight D-line around when they're stacking the box. Perhaps the scheme could be changed and the talent upgraded, but thats not going to happen over the course of two seasons. What if we had even average QB and WRs that Ds would have to account for? Wouldn't that make our O-line seem that much better?

The right coach can make huge improvements on our O line. Just like the Pelini's changed our D. It's not necessarily who you have for talent, but what you do with that talent and how you coach them. You can be the best QB in college football and have great WR to boot, but without a good O line, you accomplish nothing --> see Sam Bradford and Oklahoma!

Their pass protection is fine. When there is virtually no threat through the air (due to our horrible receivers and qb) and the defense stacks up to stop the run, what the hell do you expect? I don't think our line is good either, but the threat of a passing game could change things greatly.

Their pass protection is fine. When there is virtually no threat through the air (due to our horrible receivers and qb) and the defense stacks up to stop the run, what the hell do you expect? I don't think our line is good either, but the threat of a passing game could change things greatly.

Given that there is enough time to establish a passing threat... and Lee has had nothing but pressure all season. Did you watch tonight's game. How many times did he have more than one second before a blitz broke through? Very few! Ok, we expect that w/ Texas D, but not w/ ISU, TTU, etc. A superior O line can make even a mediocre QB, RB, or WR look like God's gift to football. It all starts at the line, and our O line is no good and is poorly coached!

The run game should establish the pass. Our backs should not have to scramble for their lives to gain 1+ yard. The Coaching staff needs to find anyone with the heart to get a push and I am willing to bet they can find them in this very state. These guys don't move anyone, they don't scare anyone and it is a joke and has been for a long time when considering the run.

GBR.

Osborne should just take over the offense since it has become the absolute joke of the country. Mushberger and that other goof were laughing all night about it. Osborne should kick Watson out of the state and simply take over. What is there in the rules that says he friggin can't coach the offense and be athletic director? Show me where it says he can't do that.

Your argument would be plausible IF our offense was able to produce points against lesser talented teams. Instead, we've struggled all season long and I personally believe it starts with the offensive line. Yes we lost some players to attrition and injuries but we should have at least been able to move the ball better than we have.