Mack the politician

beanman

From OWH....

Brown was in full spin mode afterward, especially about McCoy.

“Colt played great,'' the coach said. “He was tough and never got frustrated.''

If that doesn't get your hooey meter screeching, try this from Brown about McCoy's final two drives.

The first ended with McCoy throwing an interception. On the second, which led to Hunter Lawrence's 46-yard field goal, McCoy had a 19-yard completion, was sacked for a 2-yard loss, ran for a 1-yard loss and threw an incompletion.

“Everybody wants a Heisman moment, and I thought that was it,'' Brown said with a straight face. “He's got 45 wins. I think that's his 12th fourth-quarter comeback.''

I went into the game thinking I would vote McCoy first for the Heisman. Not now. A man named Suh gets my vote. McCoy, who often looked rattled, may not make my top three

A lot of people say he's a class guy... I think he demonstrates class and being an a-hole at the same time. Don't know how he does it.

From OWH....

If that doesn't get your hooey meter screeching, try this from Brown about McCoy's final two drives.

The first ended with McCoy throwing an interception. On the second, which led to Hunter Lawrence's 46-yard field goal, McCoy had a 19-yard completion, was sacked for a 2-yard loss, ran for a 1-yard loss and threw an incompletion.

“Everybody wants a Heisman moment, and I thought that was it,'' Brown said with a straight face. “He's got 45 wins. I think that's his 12th fourth-quarter comeback.''

I went into the game thinking I would vote McCoy first for the Heisman. Not now. A man named Suh gets my vote. McCoy, who often looked rattled, may not make my top three

A lot of people say he's a class guy... I think he demonstrates class and being an a-hole at the same time. Don't know how he does it.

He looked pretty frustrated to me. After watching him get sacked for the eighth or so time and another three and out... he chucked the ball pretty hard to the ground. He lost his cool a lot! I thought Lee kept it together better than he did! Wow, what a great Heisman moment McCoy! lol Mack is completely classless. And the reason Texas is disliked is because they don't win or lose w/ any grace or humility!

Yeah, that's just Mack Brown propping up his guy. Nothing wrong with it, but what he said isn't really true, of course.

Especially that game-winning drive. Starting from the 40, it was really one play that was aided by a penalty. After which it was sacks and incompletions. And almost completely blowing the game.

No, I'm a big Colt McCoy fan and wanted him to win the Heisman this year, but not with that kind of performance he won't :)

From OWH....

We may have lost the game, but at least we took McCoy out of the Heisman conversation.

From OWH....

And it would take some of the sting away from this loss if they actually invited the best player in college football to New York... SUH! In my wildest dreams....

We may have lost the game, but at least we took McCoy out of the Heisman conversation.

And some of the sting of this loss could be taken away if they actually invited the best college football player to New York... SUH! In my wildest dreams....

Truly Sorry Huskers - You guys got boned. If the standard is to stop the clock by replay EXACTLY when the ball strikes something out of bounds, they should go back and add all the seconds throughout the game where time ticked off waiting on the whistle and the clock operator's reflexes. Then add about 45 seconds and kick the ball back to you guys. Selective use of the rules it seems to me. And what's next, hundredths of seconds like basketball. :sarcasm

I know Big Red will be back - and glad we aren't playing against Suh - a man among boys in the NCAA. I look forward to his pro career someday.

---------------------

Here's a little cheer anyway

post-7558-1260094484.jpeg

Truly Sorry Huskers - You guys got boned. If the standard is to stop the clock by replay EXACTLY when the ball strikes something out of bounds, they should go back and add all the seconds throughout the game where time ticked off waiting on the whistle and the clock operator's reflexes. Then add about 45 seconds and kick the ball back to you guys. Selective use of the rules it seems to me. And what's next, hundredths of seconds like basketball. :sarcasm

I know Big Red will be back - and glad we aren't playing against Suh - a man among boys in the NCAA. I look forward to his pro career someday.

---------------------

Thanks for the good words. Congrats, I don't like Saban, but he's a hell of a coach and I'll root for anybody to beat Florida or USC.

---------------------

Tide Fan, so are you guys licking your chops? Texas look pretty bad against a good defense. You guys looked by the best team in the country by FAR yesterday afternoon. I guess its good to be a Tide Fan these days. Good luck.

If by Heisman moment Mack meant Suh striking a pose after his 13th sack and McCoy happened to be at his feet in agony, then yeah, he had a moment. If, however, Mack meant to indicate in any way that McCoy demonstrated why he was the best player in college football, one can only pray for Mack's family during this time of sudden onset dementia.

---------------------

Good to see Alabama back among the elite programs again. We had some great games against each other, back in the day. Hope we will be up their with you guys very soon. I think we have our new Bob Devaney in Bo.

GBR!!!