Texas shouldn't have gotten a 'second' chance

the ball did hit the ground with one second left but the whistle blew with no time left on the clock. we 100% got this game stolen from us.

Then there should be 1 second put back on the clock. Whistle has nothing to do with it. The point of reviewing it is to determine when the whistle should have been blown and clock stopped.

I was much more upset by 2 pass interference calls than the clock review.

Then why does the whistle have everything to do with it on every other play in the game? As the writer of that article stated there were 24 incompleted passes where a second or two ticked off the clock throughout the game. Why didn't the refs review those? Isn't there technically still at least 24 seconds left in the game then?

also, flip the teams. Think we would have been bailed out?

look here page 143 to 146. how don't know how it can be illegal if its in the rules.

trust me, i've read all that and there is a whole thread discussing the technicalities (Thread). based on my understanding, there had to be something that required a review before the clock could be adjusted. there was nothing about the play to be reviewed. it was an obvious incompletion. thus, reviewing it solely to look at the clock was wrong.

i will post this again

Limitations on Reviewable Plays

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.

However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those

involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes

fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c

and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).

the officials can review the clock there doesn't have to be a play that is questionable to be reviewed.

the ball did hit the ground with one second left but the whistle blew with no time left on the clock. we 100% got this game stolen from us.

Then there should be 1 second put back on the clock. Whistle has nothing to do with it. The point of reviewing it is to determine when the whistle should have been blown and clock stopped.

Then why does the whistle have everything to do with it on every other play in the game? As the writer of that article stated there were 24 incompleted passes where a second or two ticked off the clock throughout the game. Why didn't the refs review those? Isn't there technically still at least 24 seconds left in the game then?

i agree even though the second got put back on and it was a legal review the officials, since the blow of the whistle means end of play, should of been listening for a blown whistle we didn't here one until 00:00, you can go either way now.

If i was a conspirator i think i wouldnt have called Goodwin down on the 1 yd line on the kickoff.

I think we lost because of a fail final defensive stand, and a out of bounds kickoff

Funny, I think we lost b/c the refs gave texas 10 points on terrible pass interference calls on hagg and gomes.

I'm not happy about the call, as I've said in other threads on this board, either UT gets screwed because the clock (maybe) should have been stopped or NU gets screwed because the refs improperly reviewed the stoppage of the clock. It's bad all the way around. All that said, Adi kicks the ball out of the end zone, or at least in bounds, and our chances of winning would have been greatly increased.

Yes, they still would've reviewed the clock if the roles were reversed.

Do I really need to explain why precision with the clock is more important with fewer than 10 seconds left than it is at any other point during the game?

i agree even though the second got put back on and it was a legal review the officials, since the blow of the whistle means end of play, should of been listening for a blown whistle we didn't here one until 00:00, you can go either way now.

But that is exactly what they were reviewing, whether the whistle being blown/clock being stopped should have happened a second earlier...

I'm a Penn State fan by birth, but a Longhorn fan by marriage. Believe me, I understand the frustration you Nebraska fans feel. I know it's difficult, maybe impossible just 24 hours after the game, to have some objectivity. But a lot of the comments are a bit over the top. The complaints about the clock at the end of the game always revolve around whether the officials had "the right" to put the second on the clock, never whether it was the correct thing to do or not. Clearly, there was at least 1, if not 2 seconds left when McCoy's pass went out of bounds. You talk about how great your defense was, and it was fantastic, but fail to realize that Texas had twice as many yards against your fantastic defense, as your offense had against the UT defense. Think maybe the Texas D might have had something to do with that? UT had triple the third down conversions, nearly 4.5 x as much passing yardage, 3.5x as many first downs, and 4 minutes more time of possession against your fantastic defense. You complain about the bad calls, yet seem to forget the kickoff that was called down on the UT 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed the UT kick returner did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down. That gave you the field position for one of your field goals. You gnash your teeth about the breaks, and fail to remember the UT receiver dropping a wide-open pass he could have walked into the end zone with, while Denard was still back upfield looking for his jock.

Bottom line is, the calls went both ways, the breaks went both ways. There was no grand conspiracy, the game wasn't rigged, and the officials didn't hatch a last-second coupe to make sure Texas got to the BCS championship game. Nebraska fans are renowned for being among the most fair-minded and classy in college football. I ask you to keep it that way. You've got a great team to be proud of, and that will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 12 next season.

I'm a Penn State fan by birth, but a Longhorn fan by marriage. Believe me, I understand the frustration you Nebraska fans feel. I know it's difficult, maybe impossible just 24 hours after the game, to have some objectivity. But a lot of the comments are a bit over the top. The complaints about the clock at the end of the game always revolve around whether the officials had "the right" to put the second on the clock, never whether it was the correct thing to do or not. Clearly, there was at least 1, if not 2 seconds left when McCoy's pass went out of bounds. You talk about how great your defense was, and it was fantastic, but fail to realize that Texas had twice as many yards against your fantastic defense, as your offense had against the UT defense. Think maybe the Texas D might have had something to do with that? UT had triple the third down conversions, nearly 4.5 x as much passing yardage, 3.5x as many first downs, and 4 minutes more time of possession against your fantastic defense. You complain about the bad calls, yet seem to forget the kickoff that was called down on the UT 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed the UT kick returner did not have possession of the ball when his knee was down. That gave you the field position for one of your field goals. You gnash your teeth about the breaks, and fail to remember the UT receiver dropping a wide-open pass he could have walked into the end zone with, while Denard was still back upfield looking for his jock.

Bottom line is, the calls went both ways, the breaks went both ways. There was no grand conspiracy, the game wasn't rigged, and the officials didn't hatch a last-second coupe to make sure Texas got to the BCS championship game. Nebraska fans are renowned for being among the most fair-minded and classy in college football. I ask you to keep it that way. You've got a great team to be proud of, and that will be a force to be reckoned with in the Big 12 next season.

Welcome to the board. Nice post.

We've had three tough losses this year by a combined four points. We're a bit upset right now. Give everyone a few days and we'll be over this, or at least somewhat.

I think Nebraska's offense had more to do with that than anything/anybody.

And are you seriously trying to mock us for holding Texas to 200 yards total offense? It doesn't take a lot to double up on the performance of an offense that best resembles the Little Giants without the Icebox.

decent post, but clearly, it was our pathetic offense more so than texas's defense. plus, you are pulling that double the yardage statistic out of context. we had 106 yards of offense, texas had 202. that's a damn fine defensive job on our part. looking at the offenses, it should come as no surprise that texas outyarded us. however, to hold them to 202 yards is amazing.

Edit: captain obvious beat me to it (great minds think alike).

Devils advocate.. They put 1 second on the clock because the play was over.. Supposedly..

What about every time during a game a second or two runs after a play is over. It happens ALL the time. Is it reviewed every time and then the clock corrected consistently??...

NO.

Call it all the time or dont call it at all.

Where the hell did this come from? You blow up the numbers to sound like it was our defense that got whipped. How about this. We had 3.5x as many rushing yards and 9x as many sacks. <_<