Arizona won't be a walk in the park

Arizona had the second best run defense in the Pac-10 this year. This is in a conference with Toby Gerhart, Jacquizz Rodgers, LaMichael James, Jeremiah Masoli, Joe McKnightm etc. I know Nebraska runs the ball a lot, but the run D has been solid. The AZ secondary is also a concern for the Huskers because they are fast when it comes to run help.

Yep, which is why nobody is taking Arizona lightly. ;)

Arizona had the second best run defense in the Pac-10 this year. This is in a conference with Toby Gerhart, Jacquizz Rodgers, LaMichael James, Jeremiah Masoli, Joe McKnightm etc. I know Nebraska runs the ball a lot, but the run D has been solid. The AZ secondary is also a concern for the Huskers because they are fast when it comes to run help.

When you look at a lot of the Pac-10 scores it doesn't look like there is a whole lot of defense being played in the conference. I know if you look at last year the same could be said about the Big-12. I watched the entire Stanford/ND game and it was beautiful, but man Stanford's D looked pretty horrid at times.

I have said that Arizona's defense looks very fast and that is concerning. Our offense is HORRIBLE and probably is very incapable of scoring more than 2 td's at best. I also watched the USC game and on this board compared their scheme to TT. Someone pointed out that TT was held to their lowest offensive output in years and only scored in the 20's, added a defensive td to reach the 30's....

In the USC game, I saw a very unemotional Trojan team, with a horrid crowd, and a team that deserves to be 6th in the PAC 10, so the win over them didn't exactly "concern" me. The wins over Oregon and Stanford are quality wins.

Don't forget that NU was only 1 minute and a fluke long pass play from beating VT on the road and basically beat Tex (who is better than ANY PAC 10 team) in what was basically a home game for them. If you think that Suh will not be a factor, well, then, good luck. Foles will not run away from our pressure and still has an injured hand, and without an established running game this team will pin their ears back and bring the heat.

I absolutely think Arizona can beat NU and may very well do that, but both teams have 4 losses and it isn't a tremendous attention grabbing game. Bo will have his guys ready to play. You think Arizona is a year away, well, so is the Big Red.

Looking forward to having "intelligent" conversations with Wildcat fans over the next 3 weeks. We met a lot of great Clemson fans last year and hopefully this year will not be any different.

I hope Watson and the whole offense are completely loose going into this game. There isn't much on the line, so they don't need to go into the shell. Take some chances and make some plays. Has anyone noticed how we are actually half-way decent on offense when we're desperate to move the ball? Suddenly we have more than three pass patterns and our receivers start looking decent. Look at the pass to Kinnie on our final drive. Where was that the rest of the game? Or the rest of the season, for that matter? I just think the mentality has as much to do with it as playcalling and talent.

I dunno if i necessarily agree with letting zach "play loose" and air it out... he has done that a couple times the past few games and they ended in interceptions. Watson going for the deep ball right after the blocked punt I agreed with; but Lee underthrew Paul yet again and it cost us points. His initial interception was downright TERRIBLE.

I think we need to run the ball in between the tackles and tight ends and get some damn passes to McNeill!!

i expect this to be similar to our K-State game. they are a decent team that really should be no threat of beating us without our huge offensive mistakes. if we punch it in the end zone even one time i think we win this game. we can't have big turnovers in our own territory. add a few field goals and i feel like 16 points will be enough to win it.

Arizona is light years ahead of KState. Are they a real threat to beat us? Absolutely. If their defense is as good as their numbers suggest, then the NU offense will be fortunate to put the ball in the endzone even once --- that is on a 80 yard type drive. Perhaps with some short fields we can do something, but the NU offense is as bad as ANY offense in D1. That makes ANY team a threat to beat us.

Arizona not only is a threat to beat us, they may be favorites to beat us. Our D is great, yes. But our offense is beyond pathetic.

hence my words "no threat of beating us without huge offensive mistakes"

if we play our conservative offense.. the offense that we beat oklahoma and should have beat texas with.. we will win this game

The Holliday Bowl was ranked the 8th best bowl game by rivals

8. Holiday Bowl, Arizona (8-4) vs. Nebraska (9-4), Dec. 30: Arizona coach Mike Stoops didn't want to coach against his brother in a bowl game; he got his wish. Instead, he gets to coach against Bo Pelini, an old friend. If you watched Nebraska in the Big 12 title game, you saw a team with a great defense and a woeful offense. Arizona is solid on both sides of the ball, but can its offensive line handle Nebraska's defensive line?

LINK

I have said that Arizona's defense looks very fast and that is concerning. Our offense is HORRIBLE and probably is very incapable of scoring more than 2 td's at best. I also watched the USC game and on this board compared their scheme to TT. Someone pointed out that TT was held to their lowest offensive output in years and only scored in the 20's, added a defensive td to reach the 30's....

In the USC game, I saw a very unemotional Trojan team, with a horrid crowd, and a team that deserves to be 6th in the PAC 10, so the win over them didn't exactly "concern" me. The wins over Oregon and Stanford are quality wins.

Don't forget that NU was only 1 minute and a fluke long pass play from beating VT on the road and basically beat Tex (who is better than ANY PAC 10 team) in what was basically a home game for them. If you think that Suh will not be a factor, well, then, good luck. Foles will not run away from our pressure and still has an injured hand, and without an established running game this team will pin their ears back and bring the heat.

I absolutely think Arizona can beat NU and may very well do that, but both teams have 4 losses and it isn't a tremendous attention grabbing game. Bo will have his guys ready to play. You think Arizona is a year away, well, so is the Big Red.

Looking forward to having "intelligent" conversations with Wildcat fans over the next 3 weeks. We met a lot of great Clemson fans last year and hopefully this year will not be any different.

Minor correction. Arizona did not beat oregon. Lost in double OT.

I was listening to the radio here in kc talk about this game and they their expert said Pelini and stoops may brawl at halftime....then they talked about who would win. They decided Bo and that Carl would probably take him out with a chair. (they had just finished discussing the whole...in the tunnel yelling at Texass thing)