Arizona won't be a walk in the park

If their QB is a pocket passer he'll be in for a long game. I don't know much about Arizona. I don't think I've watched a single game of theirs this year.

Anyone have any insight?

I watched them against Iowa. Their quarterback play was truly AWFUL, although they were still playing Scott then and rotating in Foles. Since giving Foles the reigns, he has improved and has played pretty well. But he's not very mobile and I think if the Blackshirts are psychologically into the game that they should give him a lot of trouble.

No one is taking Arizona lightly. We haven't even thought about the bowl game yet.

That said . . . your QB is pretty much a pure passer correct? If so, I like our chances. Texas Tech gave us so much trouble because Sheffield was amazing at completing passes on the run. I know this is overly simplistic, but the only offenses that have given us trouble this year are teams with dual threat QB's.

well, except VT. we lost, but he was not a "dual threat"....so i guess you are right. my bad.

colt mccoy was tagged as a "dual threat." we all saw what Suh and co. did to him.

I realize that. Look at our losses though.

VaTech - mobile qb - loss.

ISU - fluke. Their QB wasn't the reason for the loss but he was dual threat.

TT - Sheffield was roaming loose all game. Very mobile even if he wasn't a downfield running threat. Loss.

CU- Put up big yardage numbers. Mobile QB. NU still wins.

UT - Mobile QB who was utterly destroyed by our D. Loss.

All I am saying is if Arizona's qb isn't somewhat mobile, our DL will eat him alive.

i expect this to be similar to our K-State game. they are a decent team that really should be no threat of beating us without our huge offensive mistakes. if we punch it in the end zone even one time i think we win this game. we can't have big turnovers in our own territory. add a few field goals and i feel like 16 points will be enough to win it.

i expect this to be similar to our K-State game. they are a decent team that really should be no threat of beating us without our huge offensive mistakes. if we punch it in the end zone even one time i think we win this game. we can't have big turnovers in our own territory. add a few field goals and i feel like 16 points will be enough to win it.

Arizona is light years ahead of KState. Are they a real threat to beat us? Absolutely. If their defense is as good as their numbers suggest, then the NU offense will be fortunate to put the ball in the endzone even once --- that is on a 80 yard type drive. Perhaps with some short fields we can do something, but the NU offense is as bad as ANY offense in D1. That makes ANY team a threat to beat us.

Arizona not only is a threat to beat us, they may be favorites to beat us. Our D is great, yes. But our offense is beyond pathetic.

Before I begin, congrats on a good season Huskers! We're pumped for a rematch against you guys. We're still a little bummed about being 1 play away from being in the Rose Bowl, but next year is supposed to be OUR year anyways so the Holiday Bowl is a great get for us this year.

Before you guys start predicting a dominating performance by your Nebraska team over Arizona, you might want to take an objective look at how the two teams really match up, who they played and beat this year, and both teams strengths and weaknesses.

First off: For all of you who think that you will crush us and that we are a weaker opponent than Oregon State or Stanford, you must remember 2 things: 1) Your offense is absolutely terrible. You will be playing the 20th best Defense in the country with the best Secondary in the Pac 10 and top 10 in the nation. We have the conference's sack leader on our team with 11.5 sacks, and a front 4 that constantly pressures quarterbacks with very little blitzing. Zach Lee will be throwing against 7 or 8 defenders covering 3 or 4 receivers on almost every play. Not easy. We also beat Standford and Oregon State; two teams you think are superior to Arizona.

Secondly: Arizona will be an offense very similar to Texas Tech's. We are not a smash mouth team, nor a pro-style offense like Texas (which you guys perform better against on D). Our spread offense will minimize the effect Suh has on the game because our all-Conference QB Foles gets rid of the ball very quickly on WR screen's, hitches, outs, and slants.

Finally: Arizona beat USC at their place, we beat Oregon State at their place, and beat Stanford at home. Not to mention 2 fluke plays that cost us two close losses. And taking Oregon to double overtime. We also crushed a 1 loss highly ranked Central Michigan team. All of this in the top-ranked conference in the country. We have the nation's 9th toughest schedule and won 8 of those games.

If I were you, I would take Arizona a little more seriously than it sounds like you are.

Good luck and safe travels to the Holiday Bowl.

Welcome Pac 10 fan.

I think very few people will take your team lightly.

The only quibble I have is that the Pac 10 is in no way the top conference.

Before I begin, congrats on a good season Huskers! We're pumped for a rematch against you guys. We're still a little bummed about being 1 play away from being in the Rose Bowl, but next year is supposed to be OUR year anyways so the Holiday Bowl is a great get for us this year.

Before you guys start predicting a dominating performance by your Nebraska team over Arizona, you might want to take an objective look at how the two teams really match up, who they played and beat this year, and both teams strengths and weaknesses.

First off: For all of you who think that you will crush us and that we are a weaker opponent than Oregon State or Stanford, you must remember 2 things: 1) Your offense is absolutely terrible. You will be playing the 20th best Defense in the country with the best Secondary in the Pac 10 and top 10 in the nation. We have the conference's sack leader on our team with 11.5 sacks, and a front 4 that constantly pressures quarterbacks with very little blitzing. Zach Lee will be throwing against 7 or 8 defenders covering 3 or 4 receivers on almost every play. Not easy. We also beat Standford and Oregon State; two teams you think are superior to Arizona.

Secondly: Arizona will be an offense very similar to Texas Tech's. We are not a smash mouth team, nor a pro-style offense like Texas (which you guys perform better against on D). Our spread offense will minimize the effect Suh has on the game because our all-Conference QB Foles gets rid of the ball very quickly on WR screen's, hitches, outs, and slants.

Finally: Arizona beat USC at their place, we beat Oregon State at their place, and beat Stanford at home. Not to mention 2 fluke plays that cost us two close losses. And taking Oregon to double overtime. We also crushed a 1 loss highly ranked Central Michigan team. All of this in the top-ranked conference in the country. We have the nation's 9th toughest schedule and won 8 of those games.

If I were you, I would take Arizona a little more seriously than it sounds like you are.

Welcome Pac 10 fan.

I think very few people will take your team lightly.

The only quibble I have is that the Pac 10 is in no way the top conference.

That and talking up a win over mighty Directional Michigan.

Fans do not have to take opponents seriously. That is for the players to do. With that aside I do not know of anyone who doesn't take Arizona seriously. The team that you root for is really good. Now you just take your own advice too OK?

i havent seen one person say this will be anything but another tough game. all of our games are tough...

udo realize that we see offenses like yours all of the time right? MU,KU, OU, T-tech.... so on. and suh caused all of them problems. because those short routes dont work real well because we do the same thing you do.... tons of DB. and our secondary is very good(2-1st team all big 12 players in the secondary) unless you can get an effective run game your offense is in serious trouble.

I noticed you mentioned t-tech, keep in mind a few things. 1) tech if very streaky.... look at the A&m and ou games..... 2) most of their points came because of our offense. a long fuble return for a touchdonwn, our D was on the field all game, that game was when we were still running the spread and throwing the ball all of the time. 3) we held tech to 259 yards. i dont know the exact number, but that was the lowest output by them i years. they averaged a yard per carry. And lastly that game was EASILY our worst game. we were coming off a big win and flat out did not show up. you guys on the other hand are going to get a very angry group.

First of all, VS Texas Tech we had long sustaining drives that we didn't cap off, they also had some VERY VERY VERY Athletic catches with Defense right in their face and they also had the most sacks in conference with the leader the DE leading conf? correct me someone...

Unfortunately I have to inform you we have the Defensive mastermind of our times as our head coach and if you think you are going to take SUH out of the picture youre wrong. He is every where yet he is No where. He seems Close But he is far. Look for him to come in on offense again and also Jump right n on those short screens you are talking about. Please do not forget we are literally, 2 points from being a one loss team. Sorry another point, Kansas and Mizzou also run a spread very sim. to Techs.

Arizona had the second best run defense in the Pac-10 this year. This is in a conference with Toby Gerhart, Jacquizz Rodgers, LaMichael James, Jeremiah Masoli, Joe McKnightm etc. I know Nebraska runs the ball a lot, but the run D has been solid. The AZ secondary is also a concern for the Huskers because they are fast when it comes to run help.