Curtis Carter

Pelini said he wants guys that have NO DOUBT. The way i see it, it's his decision, but if he's playin this game, it's because he's more interested in something other than what matters to this program. I say we're already better off with out him. Have fun at Mizzou, ask your future teammate Blaine Gabbert and Josh Freeman for that matter where that gets you.

I think Pelini may need to push harder for these kids. The unfortunate reality is that most of them are arrogant and think they should be sought after by everyone, and when you have one guy telling them to come to school X you are a star you will shine, and one guy telling them to come to school Y if you are absolutely certain, it's not hard to figure who they're going to choose.

Pelini said he wants guys that have NO DOUBT. The way i see it, it's his decision, but if he's playin this game, it's because he's more interested in something other than what matters to this program. I say we're already better off with out him. Have fun at Mizzou, ask your future teammate Blaine Gabbert and Josh Freeman for that matter where that gets you.

curtis i'm pretty bummed... i think your not seeing the big picture.. while i'm saddened we will continue to roll... you had a chance to be apart of something special....

shoots

UHG 5 offensive commits (2 on the line) and 10 defensive (5 on the line). I am really worried about the lack of offense we currently have and are currently bringing in. Things are not going to get any better if we do not recruit offensive players who will become stars. Curtis, you are really hurting me man. I went from having a good day to a miserable night.

Guys, cmon. Curtis is good... he's got game breaking speed and the potential to be a great WR, but it is just potential at this point. There is no guarantee he will not be a bust like tons of other "big time" recruits.

That being said, yes, I would still definitely rather have him than not have him. We are a good team, and will find someone to replace Curtis if he is gone for good. It will happen... it is not the end of the world. Of course, if he does go to Mizzou, he will be making a horrible decision IF he cares about playing for championships. Of course, if playing time is his concern, they may be a better fit in his mind. But he will remember that one game a year he gets against the Blackshirts. They absolutely blew up stupid short routes/bubble screens in the Texas Tech, Mizzou, and even the Texas games. We WILL bust his chops if he tries to make something happen there. It will be his loss if he wants to play for the better team, and we will be fine without him.

Also, if he does indeed go to Mizzou, let's hope he joins the ranks of these players:

Player Record vs. NU

Blaine Gabbert, Dan Hoch (MU): 1-1

Josh Freeman (KSU): 0-3

Bryce Givens, Shaun Mohler, Doug Rippy (CU): 0-2

Darius Parrish, Kevin Young (KU): 0-2, 0-1

Travis Lewis (OU): 1-1

We should add more L's to those numbers in the coming years. Next year we get our first crack at Eddie Brown, little known DT decommit, at aTm. I'd love a shot at Trevor Robinson and Jonas Gray at Notre Dame.

Also, if he does indeed go to Mizzou, let's hope he joins the ranks of these players:

Player Record vs. NU

Blaine Gabbert, Dan Hoch (MU): 1-1

Josh Freeman (KSU): 0-3

Bryce Givens, Shaun Mohler, Doug Rippy (CU): 0-2

Darius Parrish, Kevin Young (KU): 0-2, 0-1

Travis Lewis (OU): 1-1

:rollin:clap

I love it.

Talking to Ted Gilmore, about taking a visit to Mizzou:

Gilmore:"'A visit means you're looking around. It means you're de-committing.'"

Carter:"I told him, 'I guess I'm de-committing then.'"

more from Carter:

""Last year, they passed the ball really well," Carter said. "But this year, it hasn't been that way. I want to go to a school where I'll know what they're going to run year in and year out. I don't want it to change every year."

"I laid everything on the line," Carter said. "I said I was scared of the offense, scared of the quarterback situation, afraid that if I come there, I'm just gonna be a decoy or a blocking-type receiver."

Talking to Ted Gilmore, about taking a visit to Mizzou:

Gilmore:"'A visit means you're looking around. It means you're de-committing.'"

Carter:"I told him, 'I guess I'm de-committing then.'"

more from Carter:

""Last year, they passed the ball really well," Carter said. "But this year, it hasn't been that way. I want to go to a school where I'll know what they're going to run year in and year out. I don't want it to change every year."

"I laid everything on the line," Carter said. "I said I was scared of the offense, scared of the quarterback situation, afraid that if I come there, I'm just gonna be a decoy or a blocking-type receiver."

Scared and Afraid. Nuff Said......NEXT!