Interesting Attorney's analysis showing why giving Texas an extra second was wrong.

Texas needs the advantage. They have the best recruiting in the nation and still underachieve year after year. I have NEVER thought Brown was a good coach. Teams with as much talent as Texas have should be winning championships every few years. Texas has ONE in the last like 40 years, and only because they happened upon a freak of nature in Vince Young. Oklahoma has owned Texas by stealing big-time recruits and actually making use of them. Stoops is 10x the coach Brown is. Texas will embarrass itself in the NC game against Bama.

Too many assumptions being tossed around here. The rule book isn't clear enough and I haven't seen any confirmation from an actual referee as to how the official clock is/should be handled.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PD...4f15136079d.pdf

SECTION 29. Timing Devices

Game Clock

ARTICLE 1. The game clock is any device under the direction of the

appropriate official used to time the 60 minutes of the game.

The game clock would imply only a single game clock is kept...by the appropriate official.

The Rule Book looks pretty clear to me.

ABC's game clock should NOT have been used for a review and the game should have been over.

Thanks for posting.

Texas needs the advantage. They have the best recruiting in the nation and still underachieve year after year. I have NEVER thought Brown was a good coach. Teams with as much talent as Texas have should be winning championships every few years. Texas has ONE in the last like 40 years, and only because they happened upon a freak of nature in Vince Young. Oklahoma has owned Texas by stealing big-time recruits and actually making use of them. Stoops is 10x the coach Brown is. Texas will embarrass itself in the NC game against Bama.

+eleventy billion

What really gets me is that Anderson is a graduate of Texas. I mean, seriously? If we had won, and the ref was a UNL grad, there would probably be a huge NCAA investigation on whether he made the correct calls. I don't have anything to back this up, but isn't it unprecedented for a ref in a conference championship game to be a graduate of one the the competing schools?

A few questions as we sort this out:

(1) Do we know for certain the clock kept by the official on the field read 0:00 after the play? (Could be, I don't know this.)

(2) Does the official on the field really start and stop the "official" game clock before and after every play, independent from the scoreboard clock? (If the answer is yes, it would seem that the field clock and scoreboard clock would be substantially off from each other late in any quarter. But I've never seen it.)

I always thought that the reason the field officials correct the scoreboard clock from time to time is so that the scoreboard does consistently match. If they are different, they call attention to it over the PA and fix it. So without a correction, we can assume the scoreboard clock was correct.

What really gets me is that Anderson is a graduate of Texas. I mean, seriously? If we had won, and the ref was a UNL grad, there would probably be a huge NCAA investigation on whether he made the correct calls. I don't have anything to back this up, but isn't it unprecedented for a ref in a conference championship game to be a graduate of one the the competing schools?

I imagine this will be one of the numerous "clarifications" provided to referees based on this game. One clearly define time source used for the game...one clearly defined source of management for said time source...and, no alums in championship games.

A few questions as we sort this out:

(1) Do we know for certain the clock kept by the official on the field read 0:00 after the play? (Could be, I don't know this.)

(2) Does the official on the field really start and stop the "official" game clock before and after every play, independent from the scoreboard clock? (If the answer is yes, it would seem that the field clock and scoreboard clock would be substantially off from each other late in any quarter. But I've never seen it.)

I always thought that the reason the field officials correct the scoreboard clock from time to time is so that the scoreboard does consistently match. If they are different, they call attention to it over the PA and fix it. So without a correction, we can assume the scoreboard clock was correct.

But, unless there is a mechanism for starting the clocks at the same time, how can this be? And if there is a mechanism for a synchronized start of the play...wouldn't that mean the clocks should simply be synchronized in the first place. As the rule states, there should be THE time clock...managed by THE appropriate official. Nothing plural there, IMO.

I don't think you get what egregious means. You are stuck on length, but you should concentrate on outcome. Egregious....taking away the last second that was left, when there was a team trailing that had the ball in FG range. Egregious...not putting back the last second, when said team has an opportunity to win, fair and square. Sadly, you would have rather won by less than honorable means, human error, than lose with dignity. Your coach, the one screaming cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater must be rubbing off on you. There was no big controversy in the stands of the sterile Jerry World. We all knew, be we Husker or Horn, that it was obvious there was time left on the clock. Why the big debate here?

You used to be known as the benchmark for fandom.....now, I see threads about leaving the conference, threads wishing death on Texas fans....it''s just sad, really.

Good luck in your bowl game. Please represent the Big 12 well.

You're the one without a dictionary, egregious means conspicuously bad, there is nothing egregious about a totally typical extra partial second running-off when the ball hits-down. Plus as was noted in the link which you apparently didn't read they are making the considerable assumption that the ABC-clock exactly coincided with the official kept on the field. The ball hit down DURING the last second. That assumption has significance.

As far as our attitude towards the con, Beebe openly rooted towards Texas(this was witnessed by many) and wants to stack the deck against us by moving the CCG permanently there. Somehow I doubt you'd be big on him if he rooted for Neb and wanted the CCG in KC every year though KC is a reasonable distance from more teams in the 12. Plus we tend to get our worst officiating when facing the south teams, we can actually get holding calls against Mizzou and KSU. The Tech game was a freaking abomination, the refs were total hyporcrites in that game and we couldn't buy a call against them last year either.

As far as us being poor sports what about last year when you guys went nuts over OU getting into the championship rather than you? Yes you beat them(and I see why you'd be mad), but Tech beat you, and OU was highest in the BCS so they get in. That was more cut-and-dried than this drama, there was no interpretation of rules involved.