Interesting Attorney's analysis showing why giving Texas an extra second was wrong.

Sadly, you would have rather won by less than honorable means, human error, than lose with dignity.
Thats the funniest hypocritical thing I have seen posted by a horn fan so far. We all know who won by human error in that game. Except it wasn't human error, it was an intentional move to save Texas's undefeated season.

You used to be known as the benchmark for fandom.....now, I see threads about leaving the conference, threads wishing death on Texas fans....it''s just sad, really.
I have no pity for hypocritical whining.

Good luck in your bowl game. Please represent the Big 12 well.

We always do. I think you should focus on your own team not embarrassing the conference, from my vantage with the team you are getting ready to play you are in a much liklier position to embarass the conference then Nebraska ever has been. I suggest you follow your own advice Jack!

See ya in Lincoln next year.
I CAN"T Effing wait! I wouldn't be so anxious if I were a Longhorn fan. You're reception might not be so hospitible as in years past.

I have always said I believe Nebraska fans as a whole are the best in college football, weather or not arrogant Texas fans think that anymore since they got the BIG XII title handed to them and saw the wrath of a team scorned multiple times over, I don't give a sh*t.

Nebraska fans are most hospitable,kindest, and have the best sportsmanship in the country. I just don't happen to be one of those that fits the status quo. I personally think we are to effing nice and maybe a little bad blood into the mix would make things a little more intense and more worth watching. I get tired of the sh*t talking from the other side and think we ought to do some shoving back. You are free to disagree with me and tell me why I'm wrong and let your heart bleed about how we should kiss butt and be nice nice but it certainly won't change my point of view.

I CAN"T Effing wait! I wouldn't be so anxious if I were a Longhorn fan. You're reception might not be so hospitible as in years past.

Bo will show no mercy. Unless Texas finds an offensive line next year, expect utter carnage.

They lose three guys this year: Hall (Center), Tanner (L Guard), and Ulatoski (L Tackle). Snow (Center) replaces Hall, and he'll be a JR. Poehlmann was Ulatoski's backup at left tackle in the CCG, and he'll likely get the job next year. He'll be a Sophomore next year.

I'll put a line of Allen, Steinkuhler, Crick and Meredith up against these guys any day. Back that up with Fisher, Compton and Martin, and you've got a front seven that Texas has no answer for - or at least, not one that they've shown an ability this year to have an answer for.

:)

I don't think you get what egregious means. You are stuck on length, but you should concentrate on outcome. Egregious....taking away the last second that was left, when there was a team trailing that had the ball in FG range. Egregious...not putting back the last second, when said team has an opportunity to win, fair and square. Sadly, you would have rather won by less than honorable means, human error, than lose with dignity. Your coach, the one screaming cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater must be rubbing off on you. There was no big controversy in the stands of the sterile Jerry World. We all knew, be we Husker or Horn, that it was obvious there was time left on the clock. Why the big debate here?

You used to be known as the benchmark for fandom.....now, I see threads about leaving the conference, threads wishing death on Texas fans....it''s just sad, really.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...........................

.... If the Un-official clock is reset and adjustest through out the game to be right on with the official clock, then why would people think the clock on the TV is not the same as the official clock?

As in, if they had it adjusted right, the clocks are the same. Thus no case with this.

What?

The stadium clock has to be readjusted at various points in the game in order to make sure it approximately syncs up with the official clock. That means that at any point in the game, the stadium clock is probably not perfectly accurate. This is why they don't* use the stadium clock for official rulings.

*Edit: "aren't supposed to"

.... If the Un-official clock is reset and adjustest through out the game to be right on with the official clock, then why would people think the clock on the TV is not the same as the official clock?

As in, if they had it adjusted right, the clocks are the same. Thus no case with this.

Are the clocks synchronized? Did the field clock and TV clock start at the same time? We are now talking fractions of a second here. Just as in soccer, the only time that should matter is the time on the field...or simply synchronize the field time and the rest of the clocks. Additionally, a ref making a call within a fraction of a second of the play being called should not result in extra game time being provided. If the clock is clearly off of the play call...multiple seconds...then consider it "egregious" and add some time. But, when the clock stoppage is consistent with the rest of the game officiating then punish the team who attempted another play with time running out, not the team on defense IMO.

Sadly, you would have rather won by less than honorable means, human error, than lose with dignity.
Thats the funniest hypocritical thing I have seen posted by a horn fan so far. We all know who won by human error in that game. Except it wasn't human error, it was an intentional move to save Texas's undefeated season.

I have no pity for hypocritical whining.

We always do. I think you should focus on your own team not embarrassing the conference, from my vantage with the team you are getting ready to play you are in a much liklier position to embarass the conference then Nebraska ever has been. I suggest you follow your own advice Jack!

I have always said I believe Nebraska fans as a whole are the best in college football, weather or not arrogant Texas fans think that anymore since they got the BIG XII title handed to them and saw the wrath of a team scorned multiple times over, I don't give a sh*t.

Nebraska fans are most hospitable,kindest, and have the best sportsmanship in the country. I just don't happen to be one of those that fits the status quo. I personally think we are to effing nice and maybe a little bad blood into the mix would make things a little more intense and more worth watching. I get tired of the sh*t talking from the other side and think we ought to do some shoving back. You are free to disagree with me and tell me why I'm wrong and let your heart bleed about how we should kiss butt and be nice nice but it certainly won't change my point of view.

I agree with everything you have said, but in response to HBud, ever since the Big 12 was formed, EVERYTHING has been done to give advantages to Texass and its schools, from changing recruiting rules to favor Texass schools, to moving championship series/games from well-established, historical locations in Big 8 territory to the land of Texass, to moving Big 12 offices to Dallas, etc. The most "egregious" rule change was in response to TU not being able to play in the Big 12 championship game last year so the conference cow-towed (again) to Texass and changed the rule. All of this has been done to give Texass schools (and more importantly TU) the upper hand. So to think that a fix was in for this game is not out of the realm of possibility. NU had 8 sacks and not one, again NOT ONE holding penalty was called on TU even though their O-line was getting bitch-slapped all game.

So the phantom one second put back on the clock, a decision made by a TU grad none-the-less, (a call that was not reviewable and a call that has no precedence of being called) is at the very least questionable and should be scrutinized to its fullest extent.

The saddest part is the SWC was a corrupt conference, with a bunch of corrupt schools, and now those schools are being allowed to dictate the direction of the entire Big 12.

I hate the Big 10, but the only school that I hate as much as the Big 10 schools is Texass. Anytime they get screwed, it puts a smile on my face. I really wish that Texass would have gone to the Pac-10 like they threatened to do.

ABC's game clock is not the official game clock. Period. They can become unsychronized at any time.

The Official that was keeping the official game clock did NOT say their was an error. Period.

He did NOT need a replay to know that his time clock had RUN OUT.

Thus the clocks are NOT the same.

Are the clocks synchronized? Did the field clock and TV clock start at the same time? We are now talking fractions of a second here. Just as in soccer, the only time that should matter is the time on the field...or simply synchronize the field time and the rest of the clocks. Additionally, a ref making a call within a fraction of a second of the play being called should not result in extra game time being provided. If the clock is clearly off of the play call...multiple seconds...then consider it "egregious" and add some time. But, when the clock stoppage is consistent with the rest of the game officiating then punish the team who attempted another play with time running out, not the team on defense IMO.

Well said. Great post!

Too many assumptions being tossed around here. The rule book isn't clear enough and I haven't seen any confirmation from an actual referee as to how the official clock is/should be handled.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/Uploads/PD...4f15136079d.pdf

SECTION 29. Timing Devices

Game Clock

ARTICLE 1. The game clock is any device under the direction of the

appropriate official used to time the 60 minutes of the game.

The game clock would imply only a single game clock is kept...by the appropriate official.

After further review, it seems I must retract that. One idiot made a comment in the threadd about the MArine death after the game, wishing it was the TX fan. You guys jumped on him pretty ood, and he was consequently banned.

All I know is, I thought you guys were fantastic fans at the game.....and then the message board...not so much. I really hated to see you guys lose in such a donkey kick fashion, but man...it isn't as if life has always been roses for TX fans. See ya in Lincoln next year.

Im sure it just ate your heart out to see us lose like that... <_< I'll respect what you have to say. But dont come on here and say some of the things you have and then try and be sympathetic for us. And your post about hurting recruiting. please buddy. Flick of the wrist and Texas gets whoever they want. Dont complain about your recruiting.