Suh a Line All His Own

Matt634

Well I found some of Warren Sapp's 3 year stats....

176 tackles, 19.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumbles recovered and 5 passes deflected.

Interesting. Now we gotta dig in Suh's total stats for comparison.

Suh's last 3 years

192 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovered and 15 passes deflected

176 tackles, 19.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumbles recovered and 5 passes deflected.

Suh's last 3 years

192 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovered and 15 passes deflected

Thanks a lot.

Hey irafreak, do you by chance have a link to Sapp's stats that you posted up?

Suh's last 3 years

You forgot INT's....

edit: and blocked kicks...

:)

Nice pull with the Sapp 3 year statistics. I can't believe his 94 season isn't available somewhere on the internet. I was going to post a comparison of Suh's stats to the other finalists for the Lombardi award, but there's really nothing to compare. He's going to walk away with every award he's up for except the Heisman, which looks to be three way battle at stiffarmtrophy.

I saw the Suh v Bama, Texas, Florida comparison posted in the comments at stiffarmtrophy :thumbs

So, I did a quick comparison of Suh to the top 4 starters from Bama, Texas, and Florida.

Bama Season Totals:

98 tkl - 23.5 tfl - 9.5 sac - 20 qbh - 5 pbu - 0 int - 1 ff - 3 blk

Texas Season Totals:

112 tkl - 33 tfl - 14 sac - 48 qbh - 5 pbu - 0 int - 1 ff - 0 bkl

Florida Season Totals:

116 tkl - 25.5 tfl - 15.5 sac - 10 qbh - 7 pbu - 0 int - 2 ff - 0 blk

Suh's Season Totals:

82 tkl - 23 tfl - 12 sac - 24 qbh - 10 pbu - 1 int - 1 ff - 3 blk

It's hard to appreciate how dominant a player Suh has been. I tried looking for Sapp's numbers from the 94 season to compare, but I didn't have any luck. Regardless, we just saw one of the greatest performances from a defensive lineman EVER.

The rest of the bcs top 5:

TCU Season Totals:

153 tkl - 32 tfl - 20 sac - 10 qbh - 6 pbu - 0 int - 2 ff - 0 blk

Cincinnati Season Totals:

149 tkl - 35.5 tfl - 12.5 sac - 9 qbh - 0 pbu - 0 int - 1 ff - 0 blk

Except for tackles and tfl, Suh is better in almost every category. Amazing.

The sad part is. How much are we going to miss him next year. He was the defense damned near.

Agreed, I know our overall D was good, but there's no way we can be this good again next year without Suh. You don't lose arguably the greatest defensive tackle ever and not miss a step. I doubt will see a lot of 1 or 0 linebacker sets next season. All those extra blackshirts Suh freed up this year with his phenomenal play will have to start blitzing or tackling running backs instead falling back into coverage. Hopefully, Pelini's schemes will minimize the drop off, but I think there has to be one.