signingday2010.png

Player: Kenny Bell

Hometown: Boulder, CO

Position: ATH

Height: 6'2''

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date: 12/11

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Colorado State, Idaho, Minnesota, Nebraska, Texas Tech

Favorites: Nebraska

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

was offered by Nebraska yesterday and has set up an official on December 11

Is he really 6'2? He looks more like 5'11 in his vids. Very impressive though, the kid has got some wheels. The running across field crap won't work in college but he does have some swivel to him that's for sure.

Is he really 6'2? He looks more like 5'11 in his vids. Very impressive though, the kid has got some wheels. The running across field crap won't work in college but he does have some swivel to him that's for sure.

yeah, we will not be seeing the "reverse the field plays" in college....still looks like a solid guy though.

I've also read Oregon is very interested in him. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer as well.

The clip I saw from the junior season reminded me alot of Desean Jackson type. Not big but fast and knows how to make people miss. It does not surprise me to see him getting multiple offers. I was hoping he would commit a day or two after his inhouse and or offer.

The longer this goes the harder it may get to get him. Hopefully he sees that he would be able to play early and we are getting some great talent in to compete for NC's.

Perhaps we waited just a bit too long to offer him. Had we offered before his visits I think it would have been a done deal. But since we were slowplaying he started getting in touch with a bunch of other schools... by the time we offered other schools had their toes in the door.

This could get very interesting, as others have said.

Perhaps we waited just a bit too long to offer him. Had we offered before his visits I think it would have been a done deal. But since we were slowplaying he started getting in touch with a bunch of other schools... by the time we offered other schools had their toes in the door.

Schools didn't start calling mostly until after NU offered, this one will be interesting.

Schools didn't start calling mostly until after NU offered, this one will be interesting.

:yeah

Plus if we fill up before he decides to pull the trigger he might have missed the train. We are at 17 right now and we should get Cooper, maybe another surprize like heard and then we might be done.

:yeah

Plus if we fill up before he decides to pull the trigger he might have missed the train. We are at 17 right now and we should get Cooper, maybe another surprize like heard and then we might be done.

Hopefully the surprise is Owa. :thumbs

That may be the case, but if you think for a second those schools are calling BECAUSE Nebraska offered, you are crazy. He started sending out film to more places and they started contacting him.

I still think had we been courting this guy and offered him awhile back it would have been a done deal. Those other schools wouldn't have offered him, and this would be a closed book... except for the poeple that would complain that we settled on a second tier guy that nobody else wanted.

Again, offering this guy is another testiment to the staff that they can find talent. A WR with an Oregon offer says quite a bit. Now lets just get him N.

I like this kid. Definitely makes tacklers miss. Need him here as WR and punt returner. When is he making his decision?

Yeah, I'd like to see him N as well.

I like this kid. Definitely makes tacklers miss. Need him here as WR and punt returner. When is he making his decision?

Yeah, I'd like to see him N as well.

It is getting late in the game. With the new coaching changes announced, I would hate to see this scolly go to a last minute recruit from another school.

Let's go Kenny!!! Go ahead and make the call to Glimore/Pelini and make the commitment. You will make an immediate impact on this team.

I dont believe he has announced a timeline.

EZ-E

Have you heard anything!!!

I think we are close on this guy!!! I hope he makes the call. With only 3 spots open, I would hate to lose out on this kid due to the lack of schlorships.

Look for an announcement by the end of the quite period.

I hope so!!!!

My wish list for the last 3 spots. (1/3/10)

C. Cooper S

K. Bell WR

K. Colter QB

EZ-E

Have you heard anything!!!

I think we are close on this guy!!! I hope he makes the call. With only 3 spots open, I would hate to lose out on this kid due to the lack of schlorships.

Look for an announcement by the end of the quite period.

I hope so!!!!

My wish list for the last 3 spots. (1/3/10)

C. Cooper S

K. Bell WR

K. Colter QB

Sorry. I ment to say he has not announced a timeline. He is still thinking about it. He recently was offered by Arizona I believe and Oregon requested film.

It has been very quiet reguarding him lately. We are his leader last I heard. Quite frankly, I dont know what he is waiting for. Our offensive explosion couldnt have hurt our chances at all.

From what I was told he is a very nice kid. Funny as hell, great personality. He would be a great fit for Lincoln and to wear that Husker Red.

By the way. We have another QB that will probably visit before it is all said and done. :)

The QB I am refering to has a cousin by the name of Tommie Frazier. :)

So Colter and Carnes are the last hope of us getting a QB in this class.

By the way. We have another QB that will probably visit before it is all said and done. :)

Marsh is a outside possibility also.

Dont see him as a scholarship player though. He has been to camp at NU, they have watched him a bunch in our backyard and NU still hasnt offered. If the staff was going to offer him I think they would have done it by now IMO.

With that said I really hope he walks on.

Dont see him as a scholarship player though. He has been to camp at NU, they have watched him a bunch in our backyard and NU still hasnt offered. If the staff was going to offer him I think they would have done it by now IMO. Visiting with the coaches on the 15th, so we'll know then.

I think he might get an offer if Cooper, Bell, and Carnes\Colter fall through. Possibly a greyshirt, probably a "preferred walk on". I think he could be a decent backup safety, but I think he's set on QB.

Dont see him as a scholarship player though. He has been to camp at NU, they have watched him a bunch in our backyard and NU still hasnt offered. If the staff was going to offer him I think they would have done it by now IMO. Visiting with the coaches on the 15th, so we'll know then.

I think he might get an offer if Cooper, Bell, and Carnes\Colter fall through. Possibly a greyshirt, probably a "preferred walk on". I think he could be a decent backup safety, but I think he's set on QB.

Agreed. But I think that we would take Simek before him as well. I would be delighted if he decides to walk on. Getting athletes like this to walk on is huge.

I have to think that if Carnes comes for a visit and sees all the T-Fraiz stuff around the stadium that he would be excited to come to NU.

I have to think that if Carnes comes for a visit and sees all the T-Fraiz stuff around the stadium that he would be excited to come to NU.

That's what I'm thinking too. On top of that, he'll get to meet the man who influenced & molded Tommie Frazier into the person he is today, the legendary Dr. Tom Osborne. I'm sure TO will have some good stories to tell Mr. Carnes concerning Tommie's playing days.

at the same time he could be scared that he wont live up to Tommie

at the same time he could be scared that he wont live up to Tommie

True. Depends on what type of personality he possesses. Some people thrive on the challenge while others shy away from it.

Either way, no matter where he ends up, if he does make an impact, the media will make it a point to throw that out there as a measuring stick.

So any news on Bell or is everything still quiet with him? I haven't heard anything in over a week.

my thinking is that maybe he is waiting how things play out with the other schools?? am then fall back on NU?? but he said he was soo stoked on Nebraska as a kid and on our offer... so it makes you wonder.....

So any news on Bell or is everything still quiet with him? I haven't heard anything in over a week.

my thinking is that maybe he is waiting how things play out with the other schools?? am then fall back on NU?? but he said he was soo stoked on Nebraska as a kid and on our offer... so it makes you wonder.....

He was offered by other schools. I believe he has two visits that he can take still. He may wish to take them.

Watch out for Oregon for this guy....

I know that they requested film from him. Have they offered? I dont recall.

Watch out for Oregon for this guy....

I know that they requested film from him. Have they offered? I dont recall.

I counted 9 offers for Kenny. Oregon hasn't to date per rivals.

3 Visits.

Visited Minnesota by haven't heard much about that.

Visited Texas Tech and is offered as a DB.

Visited NU and loved it. Said in Rivals, if we offered he would probably commit, then wanted to take a step back. I hope he doesn't wait too long and have some other high profile commits take his scolly. OWA, Cooper, Carnes???? If three more is a real number, it is time to make the call.

I know it is a stretch but I see DeSean Jackson type moves. Threat on punts/KR/WR.

He may be waiting on a high profile QB to sign. Carnes/Colter but we are slanting towards defense, so of the 3 spots 2 could go to **** defenders. OWA/Cooper leaving only one on offense.

Well he said he would pull the trigger if he got an offer,,, so what is the hold up? Did NU not offer? Or he is waiting and slow playing us?

I have to laugh at kids that slow play NU, because the one's that do seem to be going to ;lesser schools and losing out big time. If you want on the train then JUMP, the train is leaving and moving in the right direction very fast. Ask GABBERT that

Well he said he would pull the trigger if he got an offer,,, so what is the hold up? Did NU not offer? Or he is waiting and slow playing us?

I have to laugh at kids that slow play NU, because the one's that do seem to be going to ;lesser schools and losing out big time. If you want on the train then JUMP, the train is leaving and moving in the right direction very fast. Ask GABBERT that

Yes, NU is one of 9 schools that has offered. He has visited 3 of the 9 schools that have offered him. Of the 3 visits we have to stand out, big time. Minnesota??? Texas Tech was offered as DB only/coaching issues. NU offer and has said he would commit if offered.

Slow play is a correct statement. Got an offer around 3 weeks ago from us. I hope he doesn't wait too long.

We are in a quiet period right now, so I would say this will play out very soon. Maybe he just needs a call after the quiet period from Bo Pelini.

I have a feeling that good news may be on its way reguarding Kenny Bell.

Anything specific or just a hunch? At this point, I know it is a numbers game. I am pulling for this kid, I see he looks very elusive on the youtube video.

I think he can fit in with REX, Heard, C. Green, Enunwa, Mobley and all the up and coming stars at NU. Not to mention the 2011 class of stars.

I don't know if Rivals has updated our commits to 18 but if 20 is a hard number, we may have only two spots left.

I have a feeling that good news may be on its way reguarding Kenny Bell.

Anything specific or just a hunch? At this point, I know it is a numbers game. I am pulling for this kid, I see he looks very elusive on the youtube video.

I think he can fit in with REX, Heard, C. Green, Enunwa, Mobley and all the up and coming stars at NU. Not to mention the 2011 class of stars.

I don't know if Rivals has updated our commits to 18 but if 20 is a hard number, we may have only two spots left.

Rivals isn't reporting anything on Mobley as far as I can tell (as a non-subscriber to HI). They certainly haven't added Mobley to NU's commit list.