Fourth quarter rally on our hands for the Heisman?

If the big guy wins it I'll do the same thing I have all year when he does something incredible. I jump up and down yelling Heisman!! Actually I haven't been yelling Heisman but I've been jumping up and down. Nothing this guy does Suhprises me anymore. Enjoy the ride fellow Husker fans. Not that we won't see other great players down the road but Suh is on the Rodgers/Frazier level. It maybe a while until the next one.

Folks, I hesitate to get any hopes up and have them dashed (like so many times these past few seasons), but I am RIGHT NOW betting it ALL on RED that SSSSUUUUUHHHHHH is about to pull a one man upset of the Hypesman Trophy and shock the world of college football into their senses forever!

Stiffarmtrophy.com is planning to make their final projection sometime Friday (Saturday morning at the latest if it stays so statistically close), but right now they have Suh and Gerhart tied for second and both closely within the statistical margin of error of overtaking Ingram for the lead!

My BOLD prediction at this point:

Stiffarmtrophy.com will project Ingram to win, but Suh will shock the college football world and pull off one of the most monumental upsets in college football history on Saturday night (paving the way for future pure defensive players and/or players not on BCS championship contending teams to win the Hypesman in the future-- and making this the first time in the eight years of stiffarmtrophy.com projections that they got it wrong).

Why am I betting the whole hog and the farm on this?

1) Because the race is so statistically close right now on stiffarmtrophy.com (possibly resulting in the closest 3 way race for the HT in a long time, maybe ever).

2) Because it looks to me like whoever wrote the official press release subconsciously screwed up and wrote that Suh "will be" the fourth Husker to win the HT. The press release was corrected to say "would be" within 24 hours after it was released, but it was too late. (If true, I can only imagine the DEFCON 5 alert that went out to the writer, editors, website content manager, project manager, etc. when they realized that they inadvertently leaked the winner on the official website press release announcing the finalists!).

Is it possible that we've got a fourth quarter rally on our hands for the Heisman?

I can almost hear the TV game announcers screaming in excitement as the final seconds tick away on a fourth and goal as SUH lines up ALONE against an offense that includes Ingram AND Gerhart AND McCoy AND Tee-Boy;

Announcers:

"The snap is to McCoy in the shotgun. He drops back. Oh no, here comes Suh right up the middle (fighting a triple team hold, no flags)! McCoy's in trouble! Suh has a hand on him (three lineman still hanging on him)! Suh swats away the triple team, grabs McCoy and throws him behind his back into the arms of Tee-Boy! Suh launches like a lion toward Tee-Boy, who cries to Geezuz and runs toward the sideline with McCoy crying and screaming on his back with the ball still in his hands. Suh is closing on them them fast, growling and snorting loudly "BCS! BCS!" He grabs McCoy by the jockstrap with his little finger as McCoy shites himself and jumps into the arms of Ingram on a reverse! Suh launches Tee-Boy out of bounds and stripped naked into the ESPN booth as he gets a firm grip on McCoy's nutsack with the thumb and index finger of his mighty right hand (refs somehow miss this blatant foul, and McCoy will never bear offspring as a result). McCoy screams like a girl and coughs up the ball! Ball's loose!! Ingram tries to pick it up-- he's got it! Suh's got a hand on him. Two hands. Ingram is running in place! Suh picks Ingram up and does a reverse overhead body slam-- ball's loose! Fumble! It bounces toward Gerhart! McCoy is now naked with Tebow in the ESPN booth! Suh pops up off of Ingram-- Ingram isn't moving! Ball's in the end zone! Gerhart and Suh dive toward each other and the ball and COLLIDE violently!!!

A nuclear sized explosion blinds everyone and sends a massive shock wave in all directions and a giant mushroom cloud thundering toward heaven! The official game clock explodes as it strikes all zeros, never to be reset again! The audience, both teams/refs/ESPN are stunned and staggered, straining to see through the fog of the BCS biased officiating in a desperate attempt to determine the final outcome. The blinding light subsides and the smoke clears as a dark figure emerges from ground zero... It, it looks like... it's... oh my God... Gerhart is holding Suhs' golden scrotum in his hands like it's the Holy Grail, Suh is holding the game ball in one hand, the Heisman-Nagurski-Outland-Lombari-Bednarik Trophies in the other, smiling like a true champion and nodding affirmatively to Bo and Carl and the team on the sidelines (and TO in the box and Devaney in heaven). The stadium and the world erupt into bedlam and chaos as the rest of the Blackshirt defense leads the team charge on to the field! The Blackshirts and Suh devour the corpses of Gerhart, Ingram, McCoy and Tee-Boy and toss their bones into the crowd of ignorant media and masses! Suh raps the Husker fight song as he ascends into heaven, promising to return one last time in the very near future to firmly renew the dominance of the Big Red forever and ever (or as long as Bo and/or TO are alive and the global warming resistant hybrid corn still grows on prairie plains of Nubberland...)

Have faith, fellow children of the Corn (you too Larry the Cable Guy). Trust and believe. Miracles happen and legends are born and you are bearing witness to the power of the House of Spears and the Palace of Pellini to raise the Big Red Phoenix from the ashes and return the world to a simpler time made of smart, disciplined, passionate, physical, smash mouth football and a trail of bloodied, wounded, humbled opponents in our crimson and cream wake... Amen

P.S. - God just spoke to me and he confirmed that Suh is the chosen one. Believe and you shall receive....

I don't care if you're right or wrong man, I just want to run through a brick wall for you right now! I want you to preach at my church, dance at my wedding, sing at my funeral and rock out at my high school graduation. All right now. I'm going to name my first born son after you, and he's 22. I want you to coach my sons' tee ball games and teach my girls how to dance ballet. In other words, that was awesome. :worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

Whew! It's a good thing my six figure bet on a Suh upset of the Hypesman was made with Monopoly money or I would living in a van down by the river next month! :snacks:

Suh is still the most outstanding player of 2009 in my opinion and nothing will change my mind. He has led the charge on the field that has resulted in the Big Red regaining respect in the college football world and he will be sorely missed next season. I wish him all the success in his final appearance as a Husker, in the NFL, and most importantly-- LIFE. He is a fine young man with outstanding character to match his athletic skills and he has represented the University of Nebraska in way that simply makes me PROUD.

:restore

My next crazy, wild, out of this world prediction for which I will be publicly flogged and dragged through the streets bloody and naked and eventually sequestered for life in a padded cell and with daily shock treatments from Nurse Ratchet and her mental health staff:

Suh will be the next President of the United States of America!

So put that in my pipe and smoke it!

:boxosoap

-Seattle Red

Folks, I hesitate to get any hopes up and have them dashed (like so many times these past few seasons), but I am RIGHT NOW betting it ALL on RED that SSSSUUUUUHHHHHH is about to pull a one man upset of the Hypesman Trophy and shock the world of college football into their senses forever!

Stiffarmtrophy.com is planning to make their final projection sometime Friday (Saturday morning at the latest if it stays so statistically close), but right now they have Suh and Gerhart tied for second and both closely within the statistical margin of error of overtaking Ingram for the lead!

Stiffarmtrophy.com will project Ingram to win, but Suh will shock the college football world and pull off one of the most monumental upsets in college football history on Saturday night (paving the way for future pure defensive players and/or players not on BCS championship contending teams to win the Hypesman in the future-- and making this the first time in the eight years of stiffarmtrophy.com projections that they got it wrong).

1) Because the race is so statistically close right now on stiffarmtrophy.com (possibly resulting in the closest 3 way race for the HT in a long time, maybe ever).

2) Because it looks to me like whoever wrote the official press release subconsciously screwed up and wrote that Suh "will be" the fourth Husker to win the HT. The press release was corrected to say "would be" within 24 hours after it was released, but it was too late. (If true, I can only imagine the DEFCON 5 alert that went out to the writer, editors, website content manager, project manager, etc. when they realized that they inadvertently leaked the winner on the official website press release announcing the finalists!).

Is it possible that we've got a fourth quarter rally on our hands for the Heisman?

I can almost hear the TV game announcers screaming in excitement as the final seconds tick away on a fourth and goal as SUH lines up ALONE against an offense that includes Ingram AND Gerhart AND McCoy AND Tee-Boy;

Announcers:

"The snap is to McCoy in the shotgun. He drops back. Oh no, here comes Suh right up the middle (fighting a triple team hold, no flags)! McCoy's in trouble! Suh has a hand on him (three lineman still hanging on him)! Suh swats away the triple team, grabs McCoy and throws him behind his back into the arms of Tee-Boy! Suh launches like a lion toward Tee-Boy, who cries to Geezuz and runs toward the sideline with McCoy crying and screaming on his back with the ball still in his hands. Suh is closing on them them fast, growling and snorting loudly "BCS! BCS!" He grabs McCoy by the jockstrap with his little finger as McCoy shites himself and jumps into the arms of Ingram on a reverse! Suh launches Tee-Boy out of bounds and stripped naked into the ESPN booth as he gets a firm grip on McCoy's nutsack with the thumb and index finger of his mighty right hand (refs somehow miss this blatant foul, and McCoy will never bear offspring as a result). McCoy screams like a girl and coughs up the ball! Ball's loose!! Ingram tries to pick it up-- he's got it! Suh's got a hand on him. Two hands. Ingram is running in place! Suh picks Ingram up and does a reverse overhead body slam-- ball's loose! Fumble! It bounces toward Gerhart! McCoy is now naked with Tebow in the ESPN booth! Suh pops up off of Ingram-- Ingram isn't moving! Ball's in the end zone! Gerhart and Suh dive toward each other and the ball and COLLIDE violently!!!

A nuclear sized explosion blinds everyone and sends a massive shock wave in all directions and a giant mushroom cloud thundering toward heaven! The official game clock explodes as it strikes all zeros, never to be reset again! The audience, both teams/refs/ESPN are stunned and staggered, straining to see through the fog of the BCS biased officiating in a desperate attempt to determine the final outcome. The blinding light subsides and the smoke clears as a dark figure emerges from ground zero... It, it looks like... it's... oh my God... Gerhart is holding Suhs' golden scrotum in his hands like it's the Holy Grail, Suh is holding the game ball in one hand, the Heisman-Nagurski-Outland-Lombari-Bednarik Trophies in the other, smiling like a true champion and nodding affirmatively to Bo and Carl and the team on the sidelines (and TO in the box and Devaney in heaven). The stadium and the world erupt into bedlam and chaos as the rest of the Blackshirt defense leads the team charge on to the field! The Blackshirts and Suh devour the corpses of Gerhart, Ingram, McCoy and Tee-Boy and toss their bones into the crowd of ignorant media and masses! Suh raps the Husker fight song as he ascends into heaven, promising to return one last time in the very near future to firmly renew the dominance of the Big Red forever and ever (or as long as Bo and/or TO are alive and the global warming resistant hybrid corn still grows on prairie plains of Nubberland...)

Have faith, fellow children of the Corn (you too Larry the Cable Guy). Trust and believe. Miracles happen and legends are born and you are bearing witness to the power of the House of Spears and the Palace of Pellini to raise the Big Red Phoenix from the ashes and return the world to a simpler time made of smart, disciplined, passionate, physical, smash mouth football and a trail of bloodied, wounded, humbled opponents in our crimson and cream wake... Amen

P.S. - God just spoke to me and he confirmed that Suh is the chosen one. Believe and you shall receive....

lold right there

Announcers:

I don't care if you're right or wrong man, I just want to run through a brick wall for you right now! I want you to preach at my church, dance at my wedding, sing at my funeral and rock out at my high school graduation. All right now. I'm going to name my first born son after you, and he's 22. I want you to coach my sons' tee ball games and teach my girls how to dance ballet. In other words, that was awesome. :worship:worship:worship:worship:worship:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

Thanks nemajordude! I'd be happy to preach, dance, sing, and rock out for you, but there is one thing you must know before agreeing to any public appearance by me at such important life events for you and your family. I'm hideously deformed and extremely hard on the eyes. I'm like a cross between the Elephant Man and Joan Rivers, a mutant of galactic proportion. Newborn babies scream in terror when I enter the room and adults are unable to even look me in the eye without their faces contorting in massive discomfort and their bowels involuntarily emptying into their underwear. My life is a living hell and the only highlight of my cursed life was a brief stint as a headliner in a traveling circus freak-show where I was too was snubbed by the voters in a close race for the Heisman equivalent of the most outstanding physically challenged human on the planet.

You still interested?

so im guess im not too far off in my thinking that you dont get out of the house much then.

Your are correct. I haven't left my windowless underground bunker since November 23, 2001 when the only thing left that made me feel like I looked like George Clooney instead of Franken-Rivers melted down like Chernobyl and left me stranded in vast wasteland of despair and hopelessness...

Is the sky still blue? I hope so, because I'm thinking I might emerge from the darkness next fall when we begin to finally put the horror that began on November 23, 2001 forever behind us and begin the next dynasty of Big Red dominance.

so im guess im not too far off in my thinking that you dont get out of the house much then.

Your are correct. I haven't left my windowless underground bunker since November 23, 2001 when the only thing left that made me feel like I looked like George Clooney instead of Franken-Rivers melted down like Chernobyl and left me stranded in vast wasteland of despair and hopelessness...

Is the sky still blue? I hope so, because I'm thinking I might emerge from the darkness next fall when we begin to finally put the horror that began on November 23, 2001 forever behind us and begin the next dynasty of Big Red dominance.

ooohhh....bandwagoner. yeah, come join us horribly depressed minions that have continued to trudge to games and support the team. need me to send you some shirts?