omahahuskerglory

QB Cameron Newton

Newton's High school

. I say he's worth an offer at this point.

Doesn't seem like a very strong arm, and should probably remove some of the piss poor judgement passes while being tackled. Overall he could be a good pickup because of his speed and ability to see over those big linemen. We have an open spot for QB so he is a possibility.

He is not what we are looking for. Word is he thinks he is something and has an ego the size of Texas. We dont need him. K-State isnt going to get Cam. I believe him to be an Ole Miss lean. The OU coaches talked to him immediately after the Juco championship game.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/s...b_arrested.html

Here is the link. I dont think Bo Pelini will recruit this type of kid.

At least he has a strong arm, the way he tossed that stolen computer out the window.

JK- We don't need to turn into a FSU or The U, so I agree, character counts.

Bo Pilini has our ship sailing in the right direction. Please don't give up on Cody. He can lead this team for the next 3 seasons. Look at some of the highlights on his tape. 6'4" and can out run defenders. Arm is accurate but he was a true freshman. Give him a chance to earn the spot this coming season. Our OL will be much better and overall our offense will be much better. I think we will average giving up 10 points and less per game, so you do the math. 2 TD's wins most of our games, including Texas at home and Texas in the Big XII Championship. Our schedule has Jake Locker and Texas as the two toughest tests. Jake is a runner, we have a run defense, so we can win with great D.

S

Top junior college quarterback Cameron Newton (Brenham, Texas/Blinn College) updated ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com on the latest surrounding his recruitment.

"Talking to Coach Stoops, Coach Heupel and Coach Wilson and all those guys, I have an opportunity to be the man if I commit there," he said. "That is what I want in a school. I want a chance to compete for a starting spot. I don't want anything given to me, because I feel if something is given to you then people won't take you as seriously as if you earned it."

"Oklahoma, North Carolina, Auburn, Mississippi State, Baylor and Arizona," said Newton when asked which schools were still in contention. "But out of those schools, especially with this weekend being as good as it was, Oklahoma is right there in the race. Coach (Bob) Stoops has an excellent coaching staff there, good guys on the team, good personnel and the recruiting class that is coming in is an eye-opener nationally."

"I have had a lot of universities give me a call, but Oklahoma, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Auburn are the top tier of schools in the running right now."

There! That should end all the speculation.

Top junior college quarterback Cameron Newton (Brenham, Texas/Blinn College) updated ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com on the latest surrounding his recruitment.

"Talking to Coach Stoops, Coach Heupel and Coach Wilson and all those guys, I have an opportunity to be the man if I commit there," he said. "That is what I want in a school. I want a chance to compete for a starting spot. I don't want anything given to me, because I feel if something is given to you then people won't take you as seriously as if you earned it."

"Oklahoma, North Carolina, Auburn, Mississippi State, Baylor and Arizona," said Newton when asked which schools were still in contention. "But out of those schools, especially with this weekend being as good as it was, Oklahoma is right there in the race. Coach (Bob) Stoops has an excellent coaching staff there, good guys on the team, good personnel and the recruiting class that is coming in is an eye-opener nationally."

"I have had a lot of universities give me a call, but Oklahoma, Mississippi State, North Carolina and Auburn are the top tier of schools in the running right now."

There! That should end all the speculation.

I didn't want him here, but I'm also very glad that K-State seems to be out of the running.

Strange to me that OU is pushing for a JUCO QB. I thought Landry Jones showed some good potential.

Landry was very inconsistent over the course of the season. I know a ton of Sooner fans who don't have a lot of confidence in him. I'm sure Stoops wants to introduce some competition by bringing in someone to push Landry. Personally, I don't know if Newton will be able to do that.

Cameron Newton has told Rivals.com's Jeremy Crabtree that he will officially visit Auburn this weekend.

Sources have said that UNC and Kansas State will not get visits.

Supposedly Mississippi State leads Oklahoma for Newton.

I think his announcement of a Top 5 is hilarious because KSU fans were all over other NU boards talking smack about being better than NU once Cam arrived at Manhattan. Absolutely hilarious stuff. I think will check out some KSU boards today to see the fall out of this announcement.

I think his announcement of a Top 5 is hilarious because KSU fans were all over other NU boards talking smack about being better than NU once Cam arrived at Manhattan. Absolutely hilarious stuff. I think will check out some KSU boards today to see the fall out of this announcement.

:) I think that I will do the same Cave.

But anyways. Im glad to see a kid get a second chance. He made a mistake once and schools around are willing to give him another shot. I hope he makes the most of it.

Sounds like he's a heavy lean toward Mississippi St. Crabtree predicts he'll eventually commit there. I'm not sure how good he really is, but I would be happy if he didn't land in the Big 12, just in case.

Said to decide on Dec. 22 between:

Mississippi State

Oklahoma

Auburn

North Carolina

Kansas State

OUInsider quoted him as saying that Arizona and not KSU was in his top 5 with the other 2, quote is listed in a previous post above. Even KSU fans seem convinced on their boards that they aren't getting him.

This guy is a character nightmare! No way do we need this kind of baggage, I don't give a damn how good he is. <_<

I know he was busted stealing while he was at Florida, but what's to say he hasn't turned his life around? Is there something you know that we don't? :dunno

If Stoops goes to Florida I dont think that it opens the door for either one of these kids. Cam is a character nightmare and Blake's family are huge sooner fans.

I'm gonna make a prediction and say Newton will go to Miss. St. based on the fact that Coach Mullen was his former position coach at Florida. They have a good relationship from what I've read, so it makes sense.

I'm gonna make a prediction and say Newton will go to Miss. St. based on the fact that Coach Mullen was his former position coach at Florida. They have a good relationship from what I've read, so it makes sense.

I did not remember that. That is a great point. Good catch Nexus.

I did not remember that. That is a great point. Good catch Nexus.

:thumbs

Auburn's QB Todd is graduating...so yea he should start next year

Even if he wasnt I think that Newton could beat him out. If he is as good as they say he is.