Jake Locker to return for senior season at UW

zinner111

Check some highlights...he runs a 4.4 and has a rocket...some were projecting him as the #1 qb in this years draft had he entered.

#1 QB??????? Over McCoy, Bradford, Tim "ESPN sucks my d!ck" Tebow I know he is good but he isnt #1 QB good.

Yep. Scout had him as the #9 overall pick, the first QB taken. I've seen him as high as the #3 pick. He's legit.

Check some highlights...he runs a 4.4 and has a rocket...some were projecting him as the #1 qb in this years draft had he entered.

#1 QB??????? Over McCoy, Bradford, Tim "ESPN sucks my d!ck" Tebow I know he is good but he isnt #1 QB good.

Actually I just saw on ESPN.com today that Locker was one draft guru's projected #1 pick.

Don't throw Tebow in that mix of top NFL qbs. He's not the prototypical type and after the whole jamarcus russel disaster with oakland...

McCoy is average. Remember last season some were claiming josh freeman to be a top pick...he was. #3 wasn't it? Locker's a stud. Definitely a game to be taken seriously.

Washington will be (and should be) the favorite in this game. Jake Locker is Eric Crouch with better passing skills. We have Zac Lee. And no Suh.

When good coaches take over failing programs, they often see the most improvement between years one and two. And Sarkisian looks like he's gonna be a good coach.

Washington went 5-7 with one of the hardest schedules in college football (3rd out of 120 according to Sagarin). They only faced TWO teams that finished with a losing record: Washington St. and Arizona St. Everyone else finished 6-6 or better. That's a gauntlet.

They went 5-2 at home, with losses to LSU and Oregon, and impressive wins against USC, Arizona and then a blowout over then 19th-ranked Cal in their final game.

This is a team that should be ranked in the 20-25 range next preseason if the voters are paying any attention. I can't wait for the game.

Washington will be (and should be) the favorite in this game. Jake Locker is Eric Crouch with better passing skills. We have Zac Lee. And no Suh.

We'll have to see who's favored. Washington loses a LOT from their D this year. They lose:

DE - Darrion Jones

DT - D. Te'o-Nesheim

DE - Cameron Elisara

LB - E.J. Savannah

LB - Donald Butler

That's a lot of guys off the front seven gone. They replace them with:

DE - Kalani Aldrich (SO)

DT - Tyrone Duncan (SO)

DE - Everrette Thompson (SO)

LB - Cort Dennison (SO)

LB - Matt Houston? (JR)

They actually lose quite a few more LBs than what I've listed - their two-deep is full of Seniors at LB.

They'll be tough, but not insurmountable.

Suh >

DE - Darrion Jones

DT - D. Te'o-Nesheim

DE - Cameron Elisara

LB - E.J. Savannah

LB - Donald Butler

They'll be tough, but not insurmountable.

I agree. I just think people expecting them to look like a typical 5-7 team are in for a surprise. Plus I don't think a Blackshirts unit replacing Suh, Dillard and Asante is going to be able to hold Locker and Co. under 17 points. So unless our Watson has an off-season epiphany, we'll be in for a fight. Just ask Cal.

That Cal game was bizarre. Cal just got done beating Stanford and Arizona, then they get pasted by a Huskies team that had lost four of their last five. I have no explanation for that...

Washington will be tough. Their stadium is notoriously loud. But we'll have a bunch of seniors on defense (Allen, Hagg, Thenarse, Gomes and Amukamara) who should help clamp down on their offense.

If we can score 20-24 points, we should win this game.

Unfortunately, that's a big IF right now.