New QB

Rivals says this guy is apparently very interested in Nebraska. He has an offer from OU and interest from LSU and Bama. That alone tells me he's good, but I haven't heard much about him.

It should be noted that NU is the only school recruiting him as a QB. Thats also part of his reason for being so high on the Huskers.

Sorry for the negativity but I am a little gunshy when it comes to recruiting QBs, especially good ones.

2011 recruit...long ways to go yet

Id like to start this years class with a quality QB though.

He averaged over 200 yards on the ground and 200 yards through the air a game this year in Texas 5a football.

Passing: 165/243 attempts 2063 yards 206.3 per game .679% 14 TDs 9 INTs

Rushing: 215 att. 2032 yards 9.45 ypc 203.2 ypg 18 TDs 3 fumbles lost

This was all on a team that apparently wasnt very good.

I've also heard that so far we are the only team that has said we'll start him at QB. I'm fine with that and I don't think it takes away from his abilities as a QB. If OU and Bama are looking at him as a DB or RB.....it's what I expect. Neither of those schools use dual threat guys. LSU might though.

His team was not very good but him number looks just fine. I'm excited that this kid could pull the trigger soon. If he does pull the trigger, the question comes back to do we take a QB in 2010 or take 2 in 2011. My vote would be to stick on guys like Sunstrup and pull him in with Jamal.

I'm pretty sure

, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe he's #10. The film is from Turner's Arlington Sam Houston Texans playing the Paschal Panthers. You will see that the film is taken from a Paschal perspective, meaning it doesn't include any good plays by Turner or his team. But it does contain a few bad plays. His team looks pretty awful, judging both by the film and the final score.

It appears that Turner (or at least #10, if that really is him) played QB in the 2008 game between Paschal and Sam Houston as well.

Finally, there are a bunch of short clips and game film on Youtube entitled "

" that were posted by user lilb4751. I think Turner is the QB in a bunch of them. Here's also more
and
from 2008. None of it is very good quality.

Again, please correct me if any or all of this is incorrect.