O8n7o.png

Player: Kevin Williams

Hometown: Holland, OH

Position: DT

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 275 lbs.

40 time: 4.9

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Boston College, Bowling Green, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oregon, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Wisconsin

Favorites: Alabama, Boston College, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Wisconsin

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals:

Scout:

Said it would be an honor to play for Bo, wants to get into a chemical engineering programs..and said that he has heard that Nebraska has one of the best engineering programs in the countrys..said that will play a big part in where he ends up. Is planning on coming to the Spring Game and possibly a camp in the summer. Feels he would fit in with our D and that his mother is very high on academics

Said it would be an honor to play for Bo, wants to get into a chemical engineering programs..and said that he has heard that Nebraska has one of the best engineering programs in the countrys..said that will play a big part in where he ends up. Is planning on coming to the Spring Game and possibly a camp in the summer. Feels he would fit in with our D and that his mother is very high on academics

Sounds like the kind of kid that we want here at Nebraska.

Springfield (Ohio) junior defensive tackle Kevin Williams is one of the top prospects in the 2011 Ohio class. Williams, 6-foot-3, 275-pounds, just completed an outstanding season, one which led to his first offer.

"Nebraska was the first school to offer and I can't tell you how great that felt," he admitted. "Nebraska is a great school and a great football program, and it's an honor to be offered the chance to play there. I watched several of their games and I love their aggressive defense. I plan on going out to Nebraska for their spring game, and while I plan on going through the recruiting process, my thoughts on Nebraska are strong."

The fact that the Cornhuskers featured what many people feel was the best college football player in the country in 2009, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, certainly won't hurt Nebraska's chances of landing a commitment from Williams.

"Ndamukong Suh is an amazing player and I like to pattern my game after him," Williams said of the Nebraska star. "I look up to him so much, and he's a player I'm trying to be like on the football field. Maybe I'll be his successor some day at Nebraska, you never know."

Springfield (Ohio) junior defensive tackle Kevin Williams is one of the top prospects in the 2011 Ohio class. Williams, 6-foot-3, 275-pounds, just completed an outstanding season, one which led to his first offer.

"Nebraska was the first school to offer and I can't tell you how great that felt," he admitted. "Nebraska is a great school and a great football program, and it's an honor to be offered the chance to play there. I watched several of their games and I love their aggressive defense. I plan on going out to Nebraska for their spring game, and while I plan on going through the recruiting process, my thoughts on Nebraska are strong."

The fact that the Cornhuskers featured what many people feel was the best college football player in the country in 2009, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, certainly won't hurt Nebraska's chances of landing a commitment from Williams.

"Ndamukong Suh is an amazing player and I like to pattern my game after him," Williams said of the Nebraska star. "I look up to him so much, and he's a player I'm trying to be like on the football field. Maybe I'll be his successor some day at Nebraska, you never know."

Good read. Thanks.

Nice. Thats great that he wants to model his game after Suh...why not do it at Neb. Does anyone else think we can tap the Ohio recruiting market? There are a lot of players here that want to play at OSU, but I think if we keep our momentum, we could definately get players.

It helps that Bo is a former OSU alumnus. It also helps that Coach Bo, Carl and Tim Beck are all from Youngstown too. So I expect them to tap into the Ohio pipeline more in the future.

Good film. Thank you Ohio Pete.

At 6ft3 270 you have to like his size. He is athletic enough at that size that they line him up at DE sometimes too.

Like the height. That was one thing that they (rivals evaluating staff) said kept Jay Guy from being a 4 star kid was he is only 6ft1.

I really hope we can get him down here for the spring game and a summer camp.