SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

Rivals Article summary:

Williams is going to make his decision after visiting for the spring game!!! He is down to Nebraska, Wisconson, Michigan, and Stanford. About NU, he said that Nebraska is very high on his list because of Coach JP. He will be visiting with pretty much his entire family...Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, two little brothers, and a little sister. Distance is NOT a factor with him either.

Looks promising guys... potential :star:star:star:star:star

Junior year: 157 Tackles, 15 Sacks, & 15 TFL

Thats absurb, even for high school!

Rivals Article summary:

Williams is going to make his decision after visiting for the spring game!!! He is down to Nebraska, Wisconson, Michigan, and Stanford. About NU, he said that Nebraska is very high on his list because of Coach JP. He will be visiting with pretty much his entire family...Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, two little brothers, and a little sister. Distance is NOT a factor with him either.

Looks promising guys... potential :star :star :star :star :star

Junior year: 157 Tackles, 15 Sacks, & 15 TFL

Thats absurb, even for high school!

It really is. Especially when you consider that he compiled those stats in only 10 games.

actually it has been rainy and VERY windy 25 + for many days which kills any chance to go surf some nice waves or take the boat out... usually trade winds are 10-20 but we have gusts up to 60 MPH and small craft advisories for what seems like forever......

but anyways what i was saying in my last post is that i thikn based on family atmosphere you cant go wrong with nebraska..and with the news of late about Rich Rod i dont think it encourages some parents who can maybe see a larger pattern of simply using kids like cattle rather than actually caring for them... sure some people can be charming (do i dare say Rick N... err no i wont) but when it comes down to it i think Nebraska has the repuation and actually delivers on a lot of the family promises that many families and kids look for... its just not face talk... the football program extends way past the field and i believe while of course there are clicks and what not the team is waaay more cohesive than other schools based on the actions of the coaches.. they strive to make great kids and great players.... so i belive that will give us the upper hand when it comes to Kevin WIlliams....

Nexus and I had a conversation about old Kevin Williams awhile ago. When you watch his video he is very S*h-like. :worship :worship :worship

Assuming he didn't embellish his weight room numbers, then I'd say he's very close to Suh-like in strength and it shows on film too.

Bench Press = 365 lbs.

Squat = 515 lbs.

^^ Those are scary numbers for a Junior in HS.

Was looking at Suh's old Rivals profile to see what his weight room numbers were and was amazed to see how much bigger and stronger he got after he left NU. Kevin Williams is presently the same size as Suh was in HS, yet pushes 65 lbs. more in the bench press and squats 190 lbs. more than Suh did. It's scary imagining what will happen if Dobson and Pelini get their hands on him.

It would be great to lock him up with Quincy Russel or Isiah Norton. Then pick up Rasco and Chickilo, Wynn, Scarlett, Reed, Grimble (any of those two really). Think of that d-line in a couple years. Baby Stein, Rome, Ankrah, Meredith, and any of those 4 as back ups. That would lead to even more d-line recruiting success. Forget Linebacker U and running back U we will be D-line U, pump out 2-3 NFL calliber talents each year, Ill take it.

Plus this post is to put me over the 100 mark, I just thought I should put something with some substance rather than a worthless post.

It would be great to lock him up with Quincy Russel or Isiah Norton. Then pick up Rasco and Chickilo, Wynn, Scarlett, Reed, Grimble (any of those two really). Think of that d-line in a couple years. Baby Stein, Rome, Ankrah, Meredith, and any of those 4 as back ups. That would lead to even more d-line recruiting success. Forget Linebacker U and running back U we will be D-line U, pump out 2-3 NFL calliber talents each year, Ill take it.

Plus this post is to put me over the 100 mark, I just thought I should put something with some substance rather than a worthless post.

Don't forget about Todd Peat Jr. at the DT position also. He is a high quality DT and his younger brother, class of 2011 I believe, is a big time OL recruit. Basically any combination of the guys you mentioned would be awesome. Long way to though.

I feel like we have so many awesome D=linemen interested in Nebraska this year that it's literally going to be a fight to fill the position. I mean we're looking at potentially 6-7 guys who are 4 to 5 star quality who all have Nebraska as "one of their favorites." I mean Todd Peat, Kevin Williams, Quincy Russell, Jalen Grimble... they're all potential 5star candidates. So is Rasco but I don't think we get much more from him than an official visit if we're lucky. A lot of the other guys on the list are definitely 4star candidates of some level.

If we can get some of these high calibur D-Linemen locked up early, recruiting for us, we're sure to get some high calibur LB and DB for at least a visit.

I feel like we have so many awesome D=linemen interested in Nebraska this year that it's literally going to be a fight to fill the position. I mean we're looking at potentially 6-7 guys who are 4 to 5 star quality who all have Nebraska as "one of their favorites." I mean Todd Peat, Kevin Williams, Quincy Russell, Jalen Grimble... they're all potential 5star candidates. So is Rasco but I don't think we get much more from him than an official visit if we're lucky. A lot of the other guys on the list are definitely 4star candidates of some level.

If we can get some of these high calibur D-Linemen locked up early, recruiting for us, we're sure to get some high calibur LB and DB for at least a visit.

We will get our share of good DBs regardless. Defensive backs are Pelini's forte.

We will get our share of good DBs regardless. Defensive backs are Pelini's forte.

It's awesome how Bo's forte is DB's and Carl's forte is D-line. As long as we keep a good LB coach (like Ekeler) we will have a stellar D at each position. Now if only we can start recruiting and really developing the O...

It's awesome how Bo's forte is DB's and Carl's forte is D-line. As long as we keep a good LB coach (like Ekeler) we will have a stellar D at each position. Now if only we can start recruiting and really developing the O...

I'm no expert, but why does anybody think Ekeler is a good coach? I haven't seen much development from the LB's other than Dillard, and he had looked almost as good early in his career. Not that I think Ekeler is bad either just don't see anything either way. What are you seeing?