DE Cedric Reed

Player: Cedric Reed

Hometown: Cleveland, TX

Position: DE

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 240 lbs.

40 time: 4.9

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Rice, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt

Favorites: Arkansas, Baylor, Florida, Houston, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Rice, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, USC, Vanderbilt

COMMITTED TO TEXAS

Rivals:

Scout: :star:star:star:star

ESPNU 150 Watch List member Cedric Reed (Cleveland, Texas) is one of the most heavily recruited juniors in Texas with more than a dozen offers. Programs from the Big 12, SEC, ACC and Pac-10 have all extended offers to the 6-foot-5, 243-pound defensive end and tight end.

"I have offers from Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Nebraska, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Stanford, North Carolina and Vanderbilt that I can think of," said Reed. "I know there are a few more,"

The two-sport star who is leading the 3A state ranked Cleveland basketball team is keeping an open mind, but he acknowledges that he will be attending junior days at Texas and possibly Oklahoma.

"I haven't got to the point to where I'm considering one or two or even five schools. I'm considering everybody. I'll for sure be at Texas junior day in February. I think I'll go to Oklahoma for a junior day too, but I know I'm going to Texas," Reed said.

Reed doesn't have one key deciding factor when eventually picking a future destination. His decision will come down to three or four aspects.

"There probably isn't one thing that will make me decide on a school. I'm looking at location, education and how well I feel around the coaches and players." Reed said.

Reed is being recruited as a defensive end by every program

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 10 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

CEDRIC REED, DE, 6-5, 240, 4.8, CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Cedric has offers from several school some including, Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M.

No Texas Offer Yet

“I don’t have an offer from Texas,” Reed said. “I’m going to their Junior Day’s February 13 and they might offer me then. If I do get an offer I still plan on taking all my five visits, go through the recruiting process.”

More Junior Day’s Planned

“I went to Texas A&M Junior Days and I plan on going to Oklahoma’s. I liked it at Texas A&M it was nice I met some the coaches and I like the area a lot. I got to meet some of the players that I know on the team now.”

“I don’t know too much about Oklahoma they do have a great tradition and the coaching staff is very good.”

“Did A Great Job With Suh”

“I do hear from Nebraska,” says Reed. “They are one of my top schools but I haven’t trimmed my list yet. I’m wide open I like all schools but Nebraska has great coaches they did a great job with Suh.”

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 10 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

CEDRIC REED, DE, 6-5, 240, 4.8, CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Cedric has offers from several school some including, Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M.

No Texas Offer Yet

“I don’t have an offer from Texas,” Reed said. “I’m going to their Junior Day’s February 13 and they might offer me then. If I do get an offer I still plan on taking all my five visits, go through the recruiting process.”

More Junior Day’s Planned

“I went to Texas A&M Junior Days and I plan on going to Oklahoma’s. I liked it at Texas A&M it was nice I met some the coaches and I like the area a lot. I got to meet some of the players that I know on the team now.”

“I don’t know too much about Oklahoma they do have a great tradition and the coaching staff is very good.”

“Did A Great Job With Suh”

“I do hear from Nebraska,” says Reed. “They are one of my top schools but I haven’t trimmed my list yet. I’m wide open I like all schools but Nebraska has great coaches they did a great job with Suh.”

From living in Texas you'd think that he'd know more about Oklahoma with the Red River Rivalry and not to mention Oklahoma is just above Texas and was quite successful during the 2000's.

I also like what he said about Suh and gives you some insight on how he's followed Nebraska all of last year. At this point I would put Nebraska as a slight lead followed by Texas A&M but if Texas does offer when he visits for their Junior Day, they could be his favorite.

• 3 weeks later...

Chalk up two more offers for ESPNU 150 Watch List defensive end Cedric Reed (Cleveland, Texas/Cleveland). Minnesota offered on Wednesday and Rice offered last week putting the 6-foot-5, 253-pounder over 15 offers.

The Gophers and Owls join Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Arkansas, LSU, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Stanford and Vanderbilt in offering. The Longhorns are considered the favorite over the Sooners, Aggies and Tigers. He has attended junior days at Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M.

Reed recently finished up basketball season, averaging a double double for the third straight year. He plays with the same non-stop motor on the hardwood that he does on the gridiron, which is one of the main reasons he is a nationally-coveted defensive lineman.

• 4 weeks later...
ESPNU 150 Watch List defensive end Cedric Reed (Cleveland, Texas) is going to visit Texas for the Texas Relays and the spring game this weekend. He also visited Texas last weekend to watch a practice and visited Texas A&M on Sunday. He told me this will be his final visit of the spring and a decision could come soon. Texas is the leader but A&M feels like it is making up ground.

DUM, DUM, DUM....

• 3 weeks later...

Ya it's pretty frustrating. Put A&M in a "normal" state for recruits they wouldn't even be in contention for a quarter of the recruits they are and have been. In the last 8 they have gone 6-7, 4-8, 7-6, 9-4, 5-6, 7-5, 4-8 and 6-6 for an average record of 6-6. In the last 8 years recruiting by rivals they've been ranked 17th, 22nd, 16th, 43rd, 26th, 8th, 13th and 10th. Any other location and they'd be lucky to finish in the top 50 recruiting classes.

Ya it's pretty frustrating. Put A&M in a "normal" state for recruits they wouldn't even be in contention for a quarter of the recruits they are and have been. In the last 8 they have gone 6-7, 4-8, 7-6, 9-4, 5-6, 7-5, 4-8 and 6-6 for an average record of 6-6. In the last 8 years recruiting by rivals they've been ranked 17th, 22nd, 16th, 43rd, 26th, 8th, 13th and 10th. Any other location and they'd be lucky to finish in the top 50 recruiting classes.

Mike Sherman = Bill Callahan/Charlie Weis

I predict an emplosion sometime soon from aTm