ATH Kain Colter

Soooooo, does that mean that Watson would take him now or wait on Carnes?

People are putting the cart before the horse with Carnes. The kid hasnt even visited yet. But to answer your question I bet that the staff tells Colter to wait it out a bit.

Its getting late. If Carnes is a "lock" like people are saying he is then why would we even visit this kid. Im not sold on Carnes being a "lock."

Its all a numbers game right now. We have been through it countless times on this board. The coaches told Simek we have 3 spots left. I dont know if that is 3 spots plus the one that we saved for Cooper or not. If that be the case then we have two spots left after Kenny committed. Carnes, Simek, Colter. Owa is a given. If he says he wants N we will take an extra.

:yeah It's quite possible one of them won't pan out at QB; so I think you can take both IF there's room.

HI update on Colter's visit with Watson today.

Watson told him that they're looking at 3 different QB's and will only offer 1 scholly.

It'll be between Carnes, Colter and another QB, but they didn't say who.

Colter has offers from Northwestern and Arizona St. He's also fielding interest from TCU but no offer from them yet. He said if he had to pick a school today, it'd be Northwestern.

If Nebraska and TCU come through with offers, he'll visit each campus at the end of January. He said he's "highly interested" in Nebraska.

Watson told him that they're looking at 3 different QB's and will only offer 1 scholly.

Colter has offers from Northwestern and Arizona St. He's also fielding interest from TCU but no offer from them yet. He said if he had to pick a school today, it'd be Northwestern.

If Nebraska and TCU come through with offers, he'll visit each campus at the end of January. He said he's "highly interested" in Nebraska.

I say the pecking order at QB is:

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Will probably take a week or two to play out. If Carnes commits on his visit or decommits and recommits I think the scolly is his, if Colter was number one then they would've offered tonight.

Just a guess.

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Will probably take a week or two to play out. If Carnes commits on his visit or decommits and recommits I think the scolly is his, if Colter was number one then they would've offered tonight.

Just a guess.

If we get Carnes or Colter we are still better of than when we had Gabbert. Gabbert couldnt play in that offense that we showed against Zona.

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Just a guess.

If we get Carnes or Colter we are still better of than when we had Gabbert. Gabbert couldnt play in that offense that we showed against Zona.

I am not a fan of Gabbert at all. Brother jobbed us first, so I say we start a threat with our New QB once it is done and say how glad we are to have him over Baby Gabbert.

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Just a guess.

I am not a fan of Gabbert at all. Brother jobbed us first, so I say we start a threat with our New QB once it is done and say how glad we are to have him over Baby Gabbert.

I really hope you meant to say "thread"!!!

Kenny Bells youtube screen name posted a comment on a video of Kain Colter that was taken off by the author saying "I think that if Nebraska offered Kain Colter a scholarship that I (Kenny Bell) would commit to Nebraska)....now if that really is Kenny Bells screen name and he said that it makes you wonder if we'll really get Kain Colter as our 2010 QB.

Kenny Bells youtube screen name posted a comment on a video of Kain Colter that was taken off by the author saying "I think that if Nebraska offered Kain Colter a scholarship that I (Kenny Bell) would commit to Nebraska)....now if that really is Kenny Bells screen name and he said that it makes you wonder if we'll really get Kain Colter as our 2010 QB.

Someone mentioned this before on this board. I'm beginning to think this might be true, especially after Kenny said in an interview on 1620 yesterday that Colter is his best friend. That doesn't guarantee anything, of course, but you have to think Kenny is recruiting Colter hard right now if Colter actually received an offer from NU.

Someone mentioned this before on this board. I'm beginning to think this might be true, especially after Kenny said in an interview on 1620 yesterday that Colter is his best friend. That doesn't guarantee anything, of course, but you have to think Kenny is recruiting Colter hard right now if Colter actually received an offer from NU.

I dont know...

But I would like to find out. ;)

I dont know...

Me as well EZ-E.....when I get home I'm going to watch some film on Kain Colter........sh*t nevermind I gotta take my laptop to Bestbuy to take that piece of sh*t Vista off my computer and put Windows 7 on it so the game film of Colter will have to wait <_<

I dont know...

I think with Carnes he is going to wait and slow play this. My guess, Colter get the QB scolly. He is a stud DB too, not a lot of downside. We have Lee, C Green, Spano, Kellogg and next J Turner(??). Didn't realize they were best friends. I am going to listen to Bell on 1620.

Carnes won't pull the trigger until a new coach is named, in my opinion.

TTU still doesn't have a new head coach. This may not be settled with Carnes until the signing day. I don't think our staff will wait that long.

Are Carnes and Sanders a package deal? If so, then Sanders scolly may have gone to Bell and then it makes the Bell/Colter relationship relevant.

Just a hunch.

If Colter offered/commits, I think he is in. Has he been offered???