ATH Kain Colter

HI update on Colter's visit with Watson today.

Watson told him that they're looking at 3 different QB's and will only offer 1 scholly.

It'll be between Carnes, Colter and another QB, but they didn't say who.

Colter has offers from Northwestern and Arizona St. He's also fielding interest from TCU but no offer from them yet. He said if he had to pick a school today, it'd be Northwestern.

If Nebraska and TCU come through with offers, he'll visit each campus at the end of January. He said he's "highly interested" in Nebraska.

I say the pecking order at QB is:

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Will probably take a week or two to play out. If Carnes commits on his visit or decommits and recommits I think the scolly is his, if Colter was number one then they would've offered tonight.

Just a guess.

If we get Carnes or Colter we are still better of than when we had Gabbert. Gabbert couldnt play in that offense that we showed against Zona.

I am not a fan of Gabbert at all. Brother jobbed us first, so I say we start a threat with our New QB once it is done and say how glad we are to have him over Baby Gabbert.

I really hope you meant to say "thread"!!!

Yes, it was late when I posted this. I was tired.

Thread!!!!

We have Lee, C Green, Spano, Kellogg and next J Turner(??).

And don't forget about Taylor Martinez. There's been a ton of buzz around him this year on the scout team. It sounds like he'll be a legitimate competitor for some playing time at QB next year.

I've heard Martinez might have some attitude problems.

I think that if Colter came here he would eventually be a WR.

I have heard that Martinez has an ego to him as well.

And may not stay at QB anyway (it's a tossup unless things have changed).

Also Green is an unknown, Spano is coming off two tough injuries, and that's it.

And Turner would likely be looking at a redshirt year ideally.

So next year, we aren't in bad shape with Lee, Spano, Green all back in the fold and a guy like LTW padding the depth. But after that, if we don't get a QB in this class, that's shaky little that we have. Unless a dependable starter comes out of Green or Spano. And we can't count on that, at this time. Hence why we need a QB real bad this class. TBH, what we have in 2011 + a redshirt freshman project, isn't the best shape to be in either. But it's a lot better than not having that guy.

E-ZE, if Colter is destined to be WR - why do we take him? I guess it seems like all of the guys we are looking at, are potential 'athlete' category types. But I kind of see it as what we need out of that guy in two years time is for him to be a RFr QB.

Also Green is an unknown, Spano is coming off two tough injuries, and that's it.

So next year, we aren't in bad shape with Lee, Spano, Green all back in the fold and a guy like LTW padding the depth. But after that, if we don't get a QB in this class, that's shaky little that we have. Unless a dependable starter comes out of Green or Spano. And we can't count on that, at this time. Hence why we need a QB real bad this class. TBH, what we have in 2011 + a redshirt freshman project, isn't the best shape to be in either. But it's a lot better than not having that guy.

E-ZE, if Colter is destined to be WR - why do we take him? I guess it seems like all of the guys we are looking at, are potential 'athlete' category types. But I kind of see it as what we need out of that guy in two years time is for him to be a RFr QB.

I understand what you are saying. I think we take him and start him out as a QB to add to the depth. The only way I see this kid being a QB is if a program commits to making him a QB like Northwestern has said they will do.

To answer your question getting an athlete of his calibur can never hurt your team. Especially if he can surprize you at QB, but is capable and willing to play elsewhere.

I understand what you are saying. I think we take him and start him out as a QB to add to the depth. The only way I see this kid being a QB is if a program commits to making him a QB like Northwestern has said they will do.

To answer your question getting an athlete of his calibur can never hurt your team. Especially if he can surprize you at QB, but is capable and willing to play elsewhere.

Not sure if this was posted. Northwestern has an offer on the table and we don't, so I say they have the lead when you compare academics, but the state of the football program we are way ahead.

Plus, Bell said they are best friends. Nebraska has Bell, if I had the opportunity to go to school on a full ride with my best friend, I would do it. We haven't offered yet.

http://northwestern.scout.com/2/935318.html

We are probably holding a scholly for Carnes and hope to land Colter if Carnes falls through. I personally think Colter has a better chance of being a husker than Carnes....location and weather......hope we dont blow this one hoping for Carnes.

* I know Bo doesnt want a qb just to take one, but this kid is an athlete and could move around a bit.

HI update on Colter's visit with Watson today.

Watson told him that they're looking at 3 different QB's and will only offer 1 scholly.

It'll be between Carnes, Colter and another QB, but they didn't say who.

Colter has offers from Northwestern and Arizona St. He's also fielding interest from TCU but no offer from them yet. He said if he had to pick a school today, it'd be Northwestern.

If Nebraska and TCU come through with offers, he'll visit each campus at the end of January. He said he's "highly interested" in Nebraska.

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Will probably take a week or two to play out. If Carnes commits on his visit or decommits and recommits I think the scolly is his, if Colter was number one then they would've offered tonight.

Just a guess.

I think Darian Godfrey is probably number three on that list. This guy has flown under the radar all year and has torched his competition. Don't be fooled by the lack of stars, he is a player.

We are probably holding a scholly for Carnes and hope to land Colter if Carnes falls through. I personally think Colter has a better chance of being a husker than Carnes....location and weather......hope we dont blow this one hoping for Carnes.

* I know Bo doesnt want a qb just to take one, but this kid is an athlete and could move around a bit.

While this is a legitimate concern (that I share), I have started to think it's not THAT big of deal if we do strike out on all three guys. From the sounds of things, we have been courting Carnes for awhile now and want to give him the first opportunity to commit, if he doesn't we will move on to Colter if he is still available. If he isn't, we will accept the fact that we didn't get a QB for the class and plan on a couple for 2011.

Carnes

Colter

Fajardo

Just a guess.

I think Darian Godfrey is probably number three on that list. This guy has flown under the radar all year and has torched his competition. Don't be fooled by the lack of stars, he is a player.

Alex 4.0

I would have to say you are on to something here.

Darian Godfrey Complete stud!!!

He should be no 1 in my mind. I have no idea if we are close but look at the numbers for his career.

Wow!!!! Anyone know the 411 on this guy. Forget about the recruits slow playing us. Give this guy a scolly.

I was saying Fajardo since Bo and Carl did visit him last week in Cali but someone wrote on his video, No 1 QB in the nation. He has good size, 6'2" and 210 lbs per the video.