SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

We can always hope he demands waaay too much money and can't sign. :lol:

sounds like no one had a grip on what bubba is going to do , baseball or football.....he is projected to go high in the draft, and that is bad for bo and company....when you start throughing millions at a kid, money talks....i still think a kid should not be drafted untill senior yr in college, but you don,t have to go to college, not a law. he might have thoughts on the nfl too , if hes that good.

We can always hope he demands waaay too much money and can't sign. :lol:

sounds like no one had a grip on what bubba is going to do , baseball or football.....he is projected to go high in the draft, and that is bad for bo and company....when you start throughing millions at a kid, money talks....i still think a kid should not be drafted untill senior yr in college, but you don,t have to go to college, not a law. he might have thoughts on the nfl too , if hes that good.

Pretty sure about everyone on the planet expects him to go the MLB route....these latest reports are nothing new.

By the way, ronsss has got to be Tuff Tiger reincarnated. I mean that post is just slightly more readable than anything Tuff ever wrote....slightly.

Per ESPN By Tony Jackson:

The LA Dodgers signed right-hander Zach Lee from McKinney (Texas) High School and LSU QB commit, just before Monday night's deadline for signing 2010 draft choices.

The deal, which is pending a physical examination that is expected to take place on Wednesday in Los Angeles, carries a $5.25 million signing bonus that will be paid out over the next five years. It is the biggest signing bonus awarded to a draft pick in Dodgers history, shattering the previous mark of $2.3 million given to first-rounder Clayton Kershaw in 2006.

Lee, one of the top high school pitchers in this year's draft, fell to the 28th overall pick because he let it be known before the draft it would take at least a $5 million bonus to get him to give up his football scholarship to LSU, where he would play quarterback in the fall and baseball in the spring. Lee already was participating in preseason football drills with the Tigers and told reporters at a Southeastern Conference media event last week that he hadn't talked to the Dodgers all summer.

-----------------------------------------------

I really hope we don't have to wait until August 16, 2011 to see if Bubba wants to play fb or bb.

The LA Dodgers signed right-hander Zach Lee from McKinney (Texas) High School and LSU QB commit, just before Monday night's deadline for signing 2010 draft choices.

The deal, which is pending a physical examination that is expected to take place on Wednesday in Los Angeles, carries a $5.25 million signing bonus that will be paid out over the next five years. It is the biggest signing bonus awarded to a draft pick in Dodgers history, shattering the previous mark of $2.3 million given to first-rounder Clayton Kershaw in 2006.

Lee, one of the top high school pitchers in this year's draft, fell to the 28th overall pick because he let it be known before the draft it would take at least a $5 million bonus to get him to give up his football scholarship to LSU, where he would play quarterback in the fall and baseball in the spring. Lee already was participating in preseason football drills with the Tigers and told reporters at a Southeastern Conference media event last week that he hadn't talked to the Dodgers all summer.

I really hope we don't have to wait until August 16, 2011 to see if Bubba wants to play fb or bb.

How many QBs did LSU take in that class? The only way it really ends up screwing us big time is if we only take one, Bubba, and he decides to flee the scene after signing day. In our case, Jamal is not only a QB but a helluva touted one.

I would bet money that we do. Neither the teams nor the players seem to do much negotiating until the very end when they can compare values of people who have signed. Especially since it seems likely that Bubba will be a first rounder, he'll want to see what other players are signing for around his draft position in order to maximize his value. If we are lucky, he'll do what Logan Ehlers did and set a number that the team must reach in order for him to skip college. But with that much money on the table and the fact that his future appears to be in baseball, that's unlikely.

Watching ESPNU's recruting insider right now and they have Bubba ranked as the #6 overall quarterback in the country for the 2011 class. I can't remember us getting a quarterback ranked that high since Frazier.

Unfortunatly Harrison Beck was rated very high coming out of highschool.

Watching ESPNU's recruting insider right now and they have Bubba ranked as the #6 overall quarterback in the country for the 2011 class. I can't remember us getting a quarterback ranked that high since Frazier.

Maybe the Strausberg injury will help us with Bubba. All the hype with Strausberg and now he is out with Tommy John surgery after a 1/4 of a season. It is a longshot but that is what I was thinking when I heard about his injury. Pitchers can have the careers end rather quickly. Maybe he will see that playing QB in the NFL is a longer career move than playing in MLB. I think TO told Bubba that if he comes to NU he will win a heisman trophy. I forgot to add the Koolaid emoticon.

Even after his strong pitching performances for Team USA this summer, I believe most scouts are thinking he will be a more productive outfielder than a pitcher in the bigs. I guess hitting well over .400 against top notch competition never hurts that thought process.

Would love to see a Bubba at starting QB at least once in lifetime for Nebraska, but me thinks this may not be the one. And honestly who could blame him. But fingers will still be crossed unless he drafted by my beloved, terrible Cubbies. :woo

But fingers will still be crossed unless he drafted by my beloved, terrible Cubbies. :woo

That would the single worst thing to happen to this kids career... i like the cubs but they have an AWFUL history of WAY overusing new prospects (See: Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, etc. recently)

There is no doubt in my mind that if he went there, and played pitcher or outfield... they would burn him out 10 years ahead of schedule. JUST SAYING