SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

But fingers will still be crossed unless he drafted by my beloved, terrible Cubbies. :woo

That would the single worst thing to happen to this kids career... i like the cubs but they have an AWFUL history of WAY overusing new prospects (See: Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, etc. recently)

There is no doubt in my mind that if he went there, and played pitcher or outfield... they would burn him out 10 years ahead of schedule. JUST SAYING

Does this "recently" fall into the same time spectrum as Nebraska has recently won the National Championship(1997)? I have admitted that Dusty Baker ran up both of your examples innings back in the day, but injuries are part of the game and can occur to any pitcher no matter how much he is protected. EXAMPLE STEPHEN STRASBURG, done for the rest of this year and next.

So through your mindset about the Cubs and their use of talented youngsters, does that mean Alex Gordan and Joba Chamberlain are pretty much done for and the Royals and Yanks are now worse since these two examples are a little more "recent."

Not flamin just curious

• Fire 1

But fingers will still be crossed unless he drafted by my beloved, terrible Cubbies. :woo

That would the single worst thing to happen to this kids career... i like the cubs but they have an AWFUL history of WAY overusing new prospects (See: Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, etc. recently)

There is no doubt in my mind that if he went there, and played pitcher or outfield... they would burn him out 10 years ahead of schedule. JUST SAYING

Does this "recently" fall into the same time spectrum as Nebraska has recently won the National Championship(1997)? I have admitted that Dusty Baker ran up both of your examples innings back in the day, but injuries are part of the game and can occur to any pitcher no matter how much he is protected. EXAMPLE STEPHEN STRASBURG, done for the rest of this year and next.

So through your mindset about the Cubs and their use of talented youngsters, does that mean Alex Gordan and Joba Chamberlain are pretty much done for and the Royals and Yanks are now worse since these two examples are a little more "recent."

Not flamin just curious

Agreed. Especially since Strasburg's injury was the result of ONE freak pitch, not being over worked or anything like that.

was on big red wrap up, sounds like he wants to come here :dunno

Or he said the things that sound good to say on a Nebraska Football Program. I'm thinking after being invited as a guess the reply of "GOT MONEY"(you see that I also made fun of Mizzou's team motto) probably wouldn't have gone so good.

You are right though his answers came out like he wants to play football, especially when referring to the other commits, but next summer will probably be a different tune me thinks.

Hmm maybe the Cards should take a hard look at him since their bull pin is horrible. Besides Carpenter and Wainwright, that bull pin is just dreadful

..... Those 2 aren't in the bullpen.... And since you seem to be talking about their pitching staff, you seemed to have not noticed a kid name Jaime Garcia.....

Umm Im talking about the pitching overall. It sucks. Yes Jaime Garcia is decent. But one good MR isn't good enough for the Cards. Im sorry but to not see the Cards pitching sucks, you have to be kinda oblivious.