SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

It's a pity that we have so much trouble hanging onto these guys. Josh, Blaine, Tyler (less touted, to be fair), it's like a curse. I suppose one of these years we'll snap out of it, we'll surely need to. QB depth is looking like a fairly scary proposition next year.

Don't forget Greg Paulus :lol:

Knapp - you're right, although even if all that comes to pass it will not be extraordinary QB depth, just better than the awful scenarios we have had this year and last.

Sorry zoogs, how do you consider this season's quarterback depth an awful thing? We had three quality players who could go out and win games for us at a top 15 kind of level. How many other schools have that?

Yeah, I think the preseason hype about the 3-man race at QB was overblown. There was Zac, who was supposedly steady and doing well but had never really proved it. Green, who had only proved the opposite, despite being healthy. And Taylor, a growing on the job RFr who was going to make a ton of freshman mistakes. I guess it was decent depth compared to last year - which was really bad - but instead of 3 capable guys I would say we had 2 decent options and 1 distant third. I may be too hard on Green however.

• 2 weeks later...

Via Twitter

Sean_Callahan Bubba Starling said in San Antonio yesterday he feels like he can come in and compete and give Taylor Martinez a "run for his money."

Bubba, please, please don't tease me!! I want you to come to Nebraska so bad, but please don't tease me with things like this if you aren't. When I read this Callahan Tweet I chubbed a little.

Ya, so what if I do have a man crush on him!!

• Fire 3

Via Twitter

Sean_Callahan Bubba Starling said in San Antonio yesterday he feels like he can come in and compete and give Taylor Martinez a "run for his money."

Bubba, please, please don't tease me!! I want you to come to Nebraska so bad, but please don't tease me with things like this if you aren't. When I read this Callahan Tweet I chubbed a little.

Ya, so what if I do have a man crush on him!!

i'm with you

my mamma always warned there'd be boys like bubba in this world....... god it hurts so bad

They played a sound byte on the ULC radio show today. Bubba stated at the beginning of the year he felt that there was no way he was going to play QB at Nebraska with the way Martinez was playing. Now he feels he can come in and give Taylor a run for his money. He is 50/50 on playing college football or going to the Majors.