SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

... we're also looking pretty hard at Brett Hundley out of Arizona. I know the coaches would love to get him in.

I think our chances are slim to none with Brett Hundley. He's going to visit UCLA, Texas A&M, USC, and Boise this summer and he's already seen Colorado, Arizona State, Arizona, Texas A&M, Stanford and plans to have a top 8 by the end of July so my thoughts are that if he's not going to visit Nebraska this summer than I highly doubt we'll be in his top 8.

... we're also looking pretty hard at Brett Hundley out of Arizona. I know the coaches would love to get him in.

I will have to agree with huskerjock, if Hundley wouldve made it to the spring game might be a different story. But hes either goin to be a bruin, or an aggy. Coffman has been real quiet during his recruitment, I could see him goin to k-state though.

Rumor on espn that he is going to sign with Notre Dame

Well, look at it from a recruit's point of view. Notre Dame and Brian Kelly are probably the sexier pick here.

Especially to a QB, Notre Dame is probably the more attractive pick for a kid. They just brought in Kelly, which by the way, was an absolutely BRILLIANT move by the domers. We just suffered through the regime of a guy who promised big things on offense in Weis (remind anybody of another unnamed coach?!) who left us with a defense that was more porous than Spongebob, despite top flight recruits. The obvious solution is to bring in another offensive guru. Anyway, Kelly who runs a fancy, effective (last year, anyway) spread attack that got Tony Pike exposure and drafted. While Shawn Watson used to be a big name when it comes to developing QBs, the product he put on the field last year is sure to scare kids off. Usually, recruits memories are very short.

So I could see why Bubba would choose Notre Dame over us. While it may seem like the more attractive choice, I really believe Bubba would have better success here. We look like a defensive school at this point. The truth is we are simply an offense that is a few key pieces away from being very explosive. Too many small mistakes and missing parts. An elite QB is one of those pieces right now.

The fact of that matter is, Notre Dame has a dud of a baseball team, even worse than ours. I know that doesn't seem possible. Bubba would benefit from playing the better competition the B12 offers, would greatly help our baseball team, and may even eventually get the chance to take the reigns as the next great NU QB. Who knows?

Well, look at it from a recruit's point of view. Notre Dame and Brian Kelly are probably the sexier pick here.

Especially to a QB, Notre Dame is probably the more attractive pick for a kid. They just brought in Kelly, which by the way, was an absolutely BRILLIANT move by the domers. We just suffered through the regime of a guy who promised big things on offense in Weis (remind anybody of another unnamed coach?!) who left us with a defense that was more porous than Spongebob, despite top flight recruits. The obvious solution is to bring in another offensive guru. Anyway, Kelly who runs a fancy, effective (last year, anyway) spread attack that got Tony Pike exposure and drafted. While Shawn Watson used to be a big name when it comes to developing QBs, the product he put on the field last year is sure to scare kids off. Usually, recruits memories are very short.

So I could see why Bubba would choose Notre Dame over us. While it may seem like the more attractive choice, I really believe Bubba would have better success here. We look like a defensive school at this point. The truth is we are simply an offense that is a few key pieces away from being very explosive. Too many small mistakes and missing parts. An elite QB is one of those pieces right now.

The fact of that matter is, Notre Dame has a dud of a baseball team, even worse than ours. I know that doesn't seem possible. Bubba would benefit from playing the better competition the B12 offers, would greatly help our baseball team, and may even eventually get the chance to take the reigns as the next great NU QB. Who knows?

my only question is when and why hasn't bo and nebraska become super sexy yet..........

:wacko:

I was going to reply to this until I read it again and realized that it had to be dripping with sarcasm.

havent heard anything on this guy lately has anybody else

The latest is in post #139.

Seems like to me if he was going to commit to ND because Kiehl Frazier committed Auburn he would have done it already. Or maybe he just doesn't want it to look like he waited for Frazier to make his move. Either way, I'm not buying any rumors yet.

havent heard anything on this guy lately has anybody else

The latest is in post #139.

Seems like to me if he was going to commit to ND because Kiehl Frazier committed Auburn he would have done it already. Or maybe he just doesn't want it to look like he waited for Frazier to make his move. Either way, I'm not buying any rumors yet.

Hey Moose, I'm confused by your Frazier/Starling analysis? What does one have to do with the other? Do you know something or is there a source that correlates their recruiting process? :dunno

Just curious.