SIGNED QB Bubba Starling

Huskerjock, why do you let freeriders in on information that you are paying for? Do you not read (or care) about the Tunnel Talk disclaimer? These guys will pay for Rivals bad enough if they want this info.

America, land of the free.......unless we can find a way to charge you for it! :)

This is one time when location helps us. I do worry about the questionable future of Anderson however. He does have a history of playing freshman. I think we had 9 or 10 playing last year. But he's operating on borrowed time right now. Going .500 on the season and only winning 5 away games with a fairly seasoned team (most started previous year) is cause for concern.

I agree with HuskerJock. Having a QB in a system such as ours, missing spring ball and essentially checking out of football for a few months every year is not good. There is absolutely NO way he can reach his full potential as a QB if he's only around 75% of the time. Maybe that will still be good enough, I don't know.

Clemson's QB is a stud on the diamond, but he's not shown the same production on the field yet. He's just a RS freshman, and I won't argue he's one heck of an athlete...but your athletism will only take you so far. He's also a hitter, not a pitcher. Taking batting practice is not the same as counting pitches and worrying about injuries to your shoulder - something that doesn't bode well if your a QB. If his throwing mechanics need adjusted will that affect his pitching? If they alter his delivery will that affect his FB mechanics, etc. It seems like both could have a negative impact one another.

This is one time when location helps us. I do worry about the questionable future of Anderson however. He does have a history of playing freshman. I think we had 9 or 10 playing last year. But he's operating on borrowed time right now. Going .500 on the season and only winning 5 away games with a fairly seasoned team (most started previous year) is cause for concern.

I agree with HuskerJock. Having a QB in a system such as ours, missing spring ball and essentially checking out of football for a few months every year is not good. There is absolutely NO way he can reach his full potential as a QB if he's only around 75% of the time. Maybe that will still be good enough, I don't know.

Clemson's QB is a stud on the diamond, but he's not shown the same production on the field yet. He's just a RS freshman, and I won't argue he's one heck of an athlete...but your athletism will only take you so far. He's also a hitter, not a pitcher. Taking batting practice is not the same as counting pitches and worrying about injuries to your shoulder - something that doesn't bode well if your a QB. If his throwing mechanics need adjusted will that affect his pitching? If they alter his delivery will that affect his FB mechanics, etc. It seems like both could have a negative impact one another.

There was this great quarterback we had a while back who played football and baseball. You may remember him, his name was Turner Gill. He was drafted by the White Sox out of high school and the yankees out of college. I think he did fine. I realize he is the exception, not the rule, but if that is what a kid wants and it means he is only ever a solid back up qb for us so be it.

There was this great quarterback we had a while back who played football and baseball. You may remember him, his name was Turner Gill. He was drafted by the White Sox out of high school and the yankees out of college. I think he did fine. I realize he is the exception, not the rule, but if that is what a kid wants and it means he is only ever a solid back up qb for us so be it.

I'm sure that there will always be exceptions, but remember a "while back" equals an entire generation. Cy Young had 511 wins in his 22 year career, with a number of 30+ win seasons. Think it will happen again? Not a chance. Why? Because the game has evolved. So has college football. IMO comparing Gill to Starling is apples and oranges. I don't mean any disrespect to Husker legends, but the demands on today's players far excedes that of the players in the early-80's, and two sport athletes are becoming VERY rare because of that.

In addition, Gill was throwing the ball 10-15 times a game, running an entirely different offense which was without a doubt far less complex than what Starling will play in today. The playbook was 1/4th of what it is now. 30 years ago an "athlete" could flourish in that system almost entirely on their athletism. That's not the case today.

Bubba could also be so high on Nebraska b/c there is less pressure to come in start right away...making it easier to play both sports. If we didn't have all the young QBs in the system and Turner in his class, we might not even make his list. If Bubba comes to Nebraska he can have patience with his game. He can sit in the football system for a couple years, mature and then as a junior, take over and flourish...or realize he might not make the NFL and stick to baseball.

I am extremely skeptical of that number.

:yeah

Maybe it was timed by LSU. link to ridiculousness

From spring workouts at LSU:

40-Yard Dash (hand timed)

Patrick Peterson (CB) 4.20

Ron Brooks (CB) 4.23

Drayton Calhoun (DB) 4.24

Morris Claiborne (CB) 4.25

Chris Tolliver (WR) 4.33

Russell Shepard (WR) 4.36

Just a rumor but the guy with the stop watch is battling a nuro-muscular disorder!!! Not much is known of this disorder but it tends to take about 1/2 a second off of your 40 hand times. Seriously, what are the odds that they have all these guys with Chris Johnson times!!!! BS!!!!

Cornerback Patrick Peterson was hand-timed at 4.2 in the 40-yard dash, while fellow cornerbacks Ron Brooks (4.23), Drayton Calhoun (4.24) and Morris Claiborne (4.25) all went sub-4.3 in the hand-timed 40. Peterson also went 535 pounds in the squat, ranking second on the team along with Nevis. Freshman linebacker Kevin Minter led all Tigers in the squat at 545 pounds. Freshman Michael Ford produced some impressive numbers, including a team-best 42 inches in the vertical jump and 352 pounds, which ranked second on the squad, in the clean. Ford also benched 425 pounds and squatted 510 pounds, both ranking among the top five on the team.

From Rivals: Bubba Starling reportedly clocked a 4.36 in the 40 yard dash yesterday. That is extremely fast for a guy his height!!!

Good Evening huskernation20,

We appreciate you being a member of our board. We have received an email from John Tallman at HuskerIllustrated.com accusing you of a "copy and paste" in regards to this post. We would like to hear your side of this ASAP. Please understand we must maintain the integrity of the board and take this very seriously. Please reply to my post or feel free to PM directly. I need to hear from you within 24 hours on this. As always, we are here to listen and want to do what's best. Thanks for being part of Huskerboard.

From Rivals: Bubba Starling reportedly clocked a 4.36 in the 40 yard dash yesterday. That is extremely fast for a guy his height!!!

We appreciate you being a member of our board. We have received an email from John Tallman at HuskerIllustrated.com accusing you of a "copy and paste" in regards to this post. We would like to hear your side of this ASAP. Please understand we must maintain the integrity of the board and take this very seriously. Please reply to my post or feel free to PM directly. I need to hear from you within 24 hours on this. As always, we are here to listen and want to do what's best. Thanks for being part of Huskerboard.

WEEAAAAAKKKKKKK

WEEAAAAAKKKKKKK

VERY WEEAAAAAKKKKKKK

I guess that means Talman reads Huskerboard. Huskerboard should charge him!!!