Will we be able to keep Bo around?

illnino

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't visited this part of the site in a while. If we continue to ascend in future years as we have in the previous two, can NU afford to keep HC Pelini? Can we keep up with the Texas's, OU's,LSU's, Ohio St.'s, Alabama's of the college world as far as paying their coaches top dollar?

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before, but I haven't visited this part of the site in a while. If we continue to ascend in future years as we have in the previous two, can NU afford to keep HC Pelini? Can we keep up with the Texas's, OU's,LSU's, Ohio St.'s, Alabama's of the college world as far as paying their coaches top dollar?

I don't think we need to worry about that. bo is loyal and this is one of the premier coaching jobs pro or college in the country.

We have the money to keep anyone. As far as that's concerned we're a top notch school. We have the fanbase and the love of football/tradition. The only reason he would leave is to coach his alma mater I think. He loves Lincoln and so does his family, one of the main reasons they came back here.

Exactly, sometimes it just comes down to more that MONEY. I know that's hard for alot of the possession worshipping-greedy-i have this and this and this-morons of this world, but that's what a REAL life is. To alot, happiness in what youre doing and where your doing it can make up for a lot of shortcoming. In Bo's case, if his family is happy where they are, he is happy where he is, and has the support of all us, i think he can afford to turn down an addition mil or two that would be possible elsewhere. As far as possible only leaving to go back to Ohio St., the longer he stays here and further engrains himself in this area, that is probable going to become less and less likely.

If Ohio State ever fires Tressel which it would appear would make some of their fan base happy, Bo would be an idiot to go there to coach. Bo inherited crap from an attitude standpoint from Clownahan. If he gets Nebraska to the top, why would he want to go somewhere else to try and rebuild another program? Bob Stoops who is a friend of Bo's has never wavered from OU even though he's had ample opportunities. I don't see Bo wavering either. I'd like to think we don't have a Rich Rod for a coach.

Don't forget that Bo has young kids too. 10, 8 & 6 yr. olds. That's always going to influence a family decision whether it's worth the move or not. Especially if the kids enjoy the school and friends they have, making it harder for them to establish any real potential lifetime bonds.

By the sound of it, Bo and his family are active in their local church and are quite popular there.

i know people disagree with this, but what is two million less when you are making 2-3 million already, it is not like you suffer a difference in lifestyle. however, coaches are enticed away with money, it must be an ego thing.

the only thing that worries me is OSU trying to nab him, hopefully the longer he stays, the more attached he becomes, after all he is re-establishing this program; or restoring the order, if you will. i got to believe it would be hard to leave something you are building/have built, especially for an established program that is doing fine.

when roy williams left, UNC was hurting and down, and that was his goal from the beginning, i believe, to get back to UNC.