QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

I heard the reason why nobody pursued this kid too hard is because he let it be known to all the recruiters that he wasn't doing any visits or recruiting related mumbo jumbo during football season. He said he wanted to focus on playing football without the recruiting distractions. He would be ready to hear all offers after his football season was over.

Needless to say, I admit that I really like what I see on film. I also like the fact that he's not getting the same accolades as other well-known dual-threat QB's, yet he seems to have the same tools and skills that they do. He's like a hidden diamond in the rough.

I'm somewhat surprised we aren't pushing harder for him. HI mentioned that we lightly pursued him, but then backed off because of Gabbert, part II. :facepalm:

He lists NU as one of his schools with Virginia, Tulsa, G Tech and K State. I could see him fitting in nicely here. It sounds like he was a MAN mission this past season. He put up XBox numbers, not sure what the competition was at that level but I am impressed.

I heard the reason why nobody pursued this kid too hard is because he let it be known to all the recruiters that he wasn't doing any visits or recruiting related mumbo jumbo during football season. He said he wanted to focus on playing football without the recruiting distractions. He would be ready to hear all offers after his football season was over.

Needless to say, I admit that I really like what I see on film. I also like the fact that he's not getting the same accolades as other well-known dual-threat QB's, yet he seems to have the same tools and skills that they do. He's like a hidden diamond in the rough.

I'm somewhat surprised we aren't pushing harder for him. HI mentioned that we lightly pursued him, but then backed off because of Gabbert, part II. :facepalm:

The Gabbert ordeal was too good for MU and him not to be planned. We would have Sean Robinson all locked up if it wasnt for this.

The Gabbert ordeal was too good for MU and him not to be planned. We would have Sean Robinson all locked up if it wasnt for this.

just means we need to go head hunting, and yes i'm alright with it, he screwed with the school, players should be offended and making sure the next time they see him he understands how he screwed up. and by head hunting i do not mean injuring on purpose with a cheap shot, now if you knock his head off his body i want it on a silver plater and ready to put on a pike the next day.

Maybe this is a little out there, but this kid really reminds me of Tommie Frazier. I don't know what it is. A lot of it is just the way he is build, but also I think its the way he runs, his arm strength, and the way he starts/stops, etc. Mostly though I think its the way he carries him self. You can see the swagger after just watching him for a couple of minutes. This kid has now become number one on my QB wish list.

Maybe this is a little out there, but this kid really reminds me of Tommie Frazier. I don't know what it is. A lot of it is just the way he is build, but also I think its the way he runs, his arm strength, and the way he starts/stops, etc. Mostly though I think its the way he carries him self. You can see the swagger after just watching him for a couple of minutes. This kid has now become number one on my QB wish list.

I will give you a name: Donovan McNabb

He was going to be a Husker but didn't want to sit behind Frazier, so he went to Syracuse and started as a Freshman. I wish he would've come to NU anyways.

Donovan was a No 1 pick and playing pretty well as a dual threat QB in the NFL.

He is no 1 on my list for sure.

What I'm curious to know is if Godfrey is the third QB that NU is currently considering along with Carnes & Colter? See snippet of Colter's interview below:

"I met Coach Watson in my coach's office for a while on Thursday," Colter said. "We had a good, long conversation. I heard what I wanted to hear. He said, right now, they haven't offered a scholarship to a quarterback but are trying to move quickly. They're looking at three quarterbacks - me, a kid from Florida and another guy. He's going to sit down with coach (Bo) Pelini and let me know where things stand soon."

Then Schubdoo and someone else from HI mentioned last week that Bo & Carl stopped by Servite HS in Anaheim last week. The rumor from that visit was they might have looked at their QB Cody Fajardo.

Funny thing is, just like Taylor Martinez did last year, Fajardo won the L.A. Times Football Player of the Year award this year.

So the question remains, who is the 3rd QB they're looking at?

The kid looks pretty decent. He has some great quickness and ability to shift directions on the run. My big question is who is the WR he is throwing to? That guy has some jets, on more than one occasion that kid blew by the defenders or pulled away from everyone after the catch. If he is in underclassmen maybe we need to be looking at this guy as well.

edit: more specifically 1:57 thru 2:20 marks, i believe it is the same kid. He appears to be pretty tall compared to the CB and safeties and he absolutely flies off the line and gets downfield after the catch.

What I'm curious to know is if Godfrey is the third QB that NU is currently considering along with Carnes & Colter? See snippet of Colter's interview below:

"I met Coach Watson in my coach's office for a while on Thursday," Colter said. "We had a good, long conversation. I heard what I wanted to hear. He said, right now, they haven't offered a scholarship to a quarterback but are trying to move quickly. They're looking at three quarterbacks - me, a kid from Florida and another guy. He's going to sit down with coach (Bo) Pelini and let me know where things stand soon."

Then Schubdoo and someone else from HI mentioned last week that Bo & Carl stopped by Servite HS in Anaheim last week. The rumor from that visit was they might have looked at their QB Cody Fajardo.

Funny thing is, just like Taylor Martinez did last year, Fajardo won the L.A. Times Football Player of the Year award this year.

I have a friend who talks with Cody's dad and he asks about who is recruiting him, I can ask him if he has any new info. A player on the team (JV/Servite) said, they were there to talk to Cody. There was a DT on our board and it was specific that it was Cody and not the (DT) on our board.

Cody Fajardo was good and had a lot of gutty wins and close wins but Godfrey seems to play video game type football. 42 TD's and 6 Ints. WOW!!!!!

Sam McKewon seems to think its Carnes, Colter and Godfrey (of course he could get his info from here :) ):

*And that freshman, if I had to play a hunch, will be Brion Carnes, Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee quarterback who will take a visit in January. If he can get past being “Tommie Frazier’s nephew” - a hurdle in Lincoln - Carnes possesses many of the skills a new, more physical NU offense desires. Carnes - who was committed to South Florida, but has wavered with the firing of Jim Leavitt - is mobile, has better-than-average footwork, and knows how to make throws on the run.

If not Carnes, than possibly Kain Colter out of Colorado. If not, Colter, then the mystery man, Darian "Stump" Godfrey, the Gilmer, Texas product who accounted for 64 touchdowns and more than 4,400 yards in leading his team to an undefeated season and a 3A championship.

Sam McKewon seems to think its Carnes, Colter and Godfrey (of course he could get his info from here :) ):

*And that freshman, if I had to play a hunch, will be Brion Carnes, Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee quarterback who will take a visit in January. If he can get past being “Tommie Frazier’s nephew” - a hurdle in Lincoln - Carnes possesses many of the skills a new, more physical NU offense desires. Carnes - who was committed to South Florida, but has wavered with the firing of Jim Leavitt - is mobile, has better-than-average footwork, and knows how to make throws on the run.

If not Carnes, than possibly Kain Colter out of Colorado. If not, Colter, then the mystery man, Darian "Stump" Godfrey, the Gilmer, Texas product who accounted for 64 touchdowns and more than 4,400 yards in leading his team to an undefeated season and a 3A championship.

Well according to an insider on another board Godfrey is actually our number one target. That does not mean however that we are most likely to sign him. I got the impression that he may not reciporicate the feeling. According to the post our top 5 in order are

1. Godfrey

2. Carnes

3. Fajardo

4. Colter

5. Marsh

I really hope that we can get Godfrey here. I love his film. And almost as important, I really hope KSU does not land his services. I think that he would be a huge pain in our arses for the next 4 years if ends up there.

Well according to an insider on another board Godfrey is actually our number one target. That does not mean however that we are most likely to sign him. I got the impression that he may not reciporicate the feeling. According to the post our top 5 in order are

1. Godfrey

2. Carnes

3. Fajardo

4. Colter

5. Marsh

I really hope that we can get Godfrey here. I love his film. And almost as important, I really hope KSU does not land his services. I think that he would be a huge pain in our arses for the next 4 years if ends up there.

Surprised to see Colter that low, but not at all surprised to see Godfrey #1. As I've said before, his film shows that intangible "it" factor that Bo loves in players. I actually really like that ranking, though I haven't seen enough of Fajardo to know where to slot him.

1. Godfrey

2. Carnes

3. Fajardo

4. Colter

5. Marsh

Surprised to see Colter that low, but not at all surprised to see Godfrey #1. As I've said before, his film shows that intangible "it" factor that Bo loves in players. I actually really like that ranking, though I haven't seen enough of Fajardo to know where to slot him.

Rivals had a teaser of a new offer for Fajardo last night. It says on his board that San Jose St offered (old news), now it shows UNLV with an offer. Trying to confirm if UNLV is the new offer on the teaser.

There are two visits for Fajardo, this weekend at SJS and next weekend at UNLV.

Those are both of his standing offers and not much time to get another offer and visit. I will try to get more info but I would like to think that the visit we made was just a way to meet and greet and no real interest. (QB'd the 8th best team in the nation/max preps)

With that being said, the 3rd QB should be Godfrey and we just need to see if a visit is planned and if an offer is given.

1) Godfrey (no offer or visit to date that has been confirmed)

2) Carnes (visiting and has offer)

3) Colter (waiting in the wings for 1 or 2 to say yes or no, no official offer yet)

4) Marsh (possible walk on)

5) Fajardo (long shot, more likely to end up at UNLV, SJS or Nevada)

Please correct me if anything isn't true or confirmed yet.

My pick is Godfrey after watching him play XBOX for the last 3 seasons.