QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

I REALLY hope Godfrey doesn't end up at K-State if we don't offer him. After seeing his film a number of times, I don't want that kid pissed off when he plays us.

:yeah

Just like the Michael Bishop comparison I made, let's not forget a Bishop-led K-State beat us in '98. They won the Big XII North that year and should've went to the NC game had they beaten A&M in the CCG. :facepalm:

They still ended the season strong though in the Fiesta Bowl against a Donovan McNabb-led Syracuse team. K-State spanked them.

Fajardo will be coming to NU for a visit. Spoke with someone that spoke directly to him. Date still up in the air. NU offense next season is a perfect fit for the offense they run at his school. Servite runs the same up tempo offense as Oregon.

Most interest to date is still from SJS and Nevada. UNLV and SJS with only offers, per Rivals.

Fajardo has visits to SJS (1/15), UNLV (1/22), open on (1/30). If we haven't settled our QB situation, I would say he comes in (1/29 or 1/30).

Hmmmmmmmmmm Does this person perhaps make a living in the salt-water aquarium maintenance business?

Seriously though, how great can fajardo be when the best programs that want him are Central Michigan and Wisconsin? Godfrey's list of interested parties is considerably better, imo.

I vote for Godfrey, and i would rather that the purple combovers didn't get him.

Apparently Godfrey's a solid student. At least this partly answers the question of whether he's an academic risk or not.

Class 3A: Darian Godfrey, Senior, Quarterback, Gilmer HS

His teammates and coaches affectionately call Darian Godfrey, "Stump." But there's nothing short about his football skills. The dual-threat senior QB, with a cannon for an arm, makes plays all over the field, guiding the Buckeyes to the top of the 3A polls. His latest virtuoso performance came last week against 4A Kilgore. Darian hit an astounding 21-of-24 passes for 360 yards and four scores (70, 62, 4, and 6) in Gilmer's 70-27 shellacking of the Bulldogs.

Darian, an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, carries a solid B average, which has attracted the interest of such D-I schools as Kansas State and Tulsa.

"Beyond his athleticism and the other intangibles he brings to the team, Darian possesses great leadership skills," says Coach Jeff Traylor. "And he's just as solid off the field. His teammates respect him because of his work ethic and they always follow his lead."

Darian Godfrey POTW

What I'm curious to know is if Godfrey is the third QB that NU is currently considering along with Carnes & Colter? See snippet of Colter's interview below:

"I met Coach Watson in my coach's office for a while on Thursday," Colter said. "We had a good, long conversation. I heard what I wanted to hear. He said, right now, they haven't offered a scholarship to a quarterback but are trying to move quickly. They're looking at three quarterbacks - me, a kid from Florida and another guy. He's going to sit down with coach (Bo) Pelini and let me know where things stand soon."

Then Schubdoo and someone else from HI mentioned last week that Bo & Carl stopped by Servite HS in Anaheim last week. The rumor from that visit was they might have looked at their QB Cody Fajardo.

Funny thing is, just like Taylor Martinez did last year, Fajardo won the L.A. Times Football Player of the Year award this year.

So the question remains, who is the 3rd QB they're looking at?

Sam McKewon seems to think its Carnes, Colter and Godfrey (of course he could get his info from here :) ):

*And that freshman, if I had to play a hunch, will be Brion Carnes, Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee quarterback who will take a visit in January. If he can get past being “Tommie Frazier’s nephew” - a hurdle in Lincoln - Carnes possesses many of the skills a new, more physical NU offense desires. Carnes - who was committed to South Florida, but has wavered with the firing of Jim Leavitt - is mobile, has better-than-average footwork, and knows how to make throws on the run.

If not Carnes, than possibly Kain Colter out of Colorado. If not, Colter, then the mystery man, Darian "Stump" Godfrey, the Gilmer, Texas product who accounted for 64 touchdowns and more than 4,400 yards in leading his team to an undefeated season and a 3A championship.

Well according to an insider on another board Godfrey is actually our number one target. That does not mean however that we are most likely to sign him. I got the impression that he may not reciporicate the feeling. According to the post our top 5 in order are

1. Godfrey

2. Carnes

3. Fajardo

4. Colter

5. Marsh

I really hope that we can get Godfrey here. I love his film. And almost as important, I really hope KSU does not land his services. I think that he would be a huge pain in our arses for the next 4 years if ends up there.

Actually right now Carnes and Godfrey are 1 and 1a. The staff is split pretty much down the middle on which one to take.

Colter is off the list and is going to Northwestern.

Fajardo is likely not a target anymore and is at best a last resort if all else fails.

Marsh is at best a greyshirt option and a possible prefered walkon candidate.

What I'm curious to know is if Godfrey is the third QB that NU is currently considering along with Carnes & Colter? See snippet of Colter's interview below:

"I met Coach Watson in my coach's office for a while on Thursday," Colter said. "We had a good, long conversation. I heard what I wanted to hear. He said, right now, they haven't offered a scholarship to a quarterback but are trying to move quickly. They're looking at three quarterbacks - me, a kid from Florida and another guy. He's going to sit down with coach (Bo) Pelini and let me know where things stand soon."

Then Schubdoo and someone else from HI mentioned last week that Bo & Carl stopped by Servite HS in Anaheim last week. The rumor from that visit was they might have looked at their QB Cody Fajardo.

Funny thing is, just like Taylor Martinez did last year, Fajardo won the L.A. Times Football Player of the Year award this year.

So the question remains, who is the 3rd QB they're looking at?

Sam McKewon seems to think its Carnes, Colter and Godfrey (of course he could get his info from here :) ):

*And that freshman, if I had to play a hunch, will be Brion Carnes, Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee quarterback who will take a visit in January. If he can get past being “Tommie Frazier’s nephew” - a hurdle in Lincoln - Carnes possesses many of the skills a new, more physical NU offense desires. Carnes - who was committed to South Florida, but has wavered with the firing of Jim Leavitt - is mobile, has better-than-average footwork, and knows how to make throws on the run.

If not Carnes, than possibly Kain Colter out of Colorado. If not, Colter, then the mystery man, Darian "Stump" Godfrey, the Gilmer, Texas product who accounted for 64 touchdowns and more than 4,400 yards in leading his team to an undefeated season and a 3A championship.

Well according to an insider on another board Godfrey is actually our number one target. That does not mean however that we are most likely to sign him. I got the impression that he may not reciporicate the feeling. According to the post our top 5 in order are

1. Godfrey

2. Carnes

3. Fajardo

4. Colter

5. Marsh

I really hope that we can get Godfrey here. I love his film. And almost as important, I really hope KSU does not land his services. I think that he would be a huge pain in our arses for the next 4 years if ends up there.

Actually right now Carnes and Godfrey are 1 and 1a. The staff is split pretty much down the middle on which one to take.

Colter is off the list and is going to Northwestern.

Fajardo is likely not a target anymore and is at best a last resort if all else fails.

Marsh is at best a greyshirt option and a possible prefered walkon candidate.

Apparently Godfrey's a solid student. At least this partly answers the question of whether he's an academic risk or not.

His teammates and coaches affectionately call Darian Godfrey, "Stump." But there's nothing short about his football skills. The dual-threat senior QB, with a cannon for an arm, makes plays all over the field, guiding the Buckeyes to the top of the 3A polls. His latest virtuoso performance came last week against 4A Kilgore. Darian hit an astounding 21-of-24 passes for 360 yards and four scores (70, 62, 4, and 6) in Gilmer's 70-27 shellacking of the Bulldogs.

Darian, an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, carries a solid B average, which has attracted the interest of such D-I schools as Kansas State and Tulsa.

"Beyond his athleticism and the other intangibles he brings to the team, Darian possesses great leadership skills," says Coach Jeff Traylor. "And he's just as solid off the field. His teammates respect him because of his work ethic and they always follow his lead."

Darian Godfrey POTW

Great news.....glad to see it shot down that rumor that his might not be academically qualified.

Watched the tape again. This kid is a football player. Whoever gets him is going to get a hell of a steal. I hope he doesnt go to K State.

I agree. The kid is a baller.

im just trying to play it out in my mind.... carnes vs. godfrey

with carnes coming first and with the chance to committ first (with the staff putting the press on him to do so) does that mean we would want him more than godfrey/would carned be down to play something else or would we take two of these guys..... say if cooper doesnt committ.... but then again what about the tennessse guy? or simiek???

chioces choices choices

Darian Godfrey POTW

Great news.....glad to see it shot down that rumor that his might not be academically qualified.

He still has to have the correct core classes and a high enough ACT score, not saying he doesn't, but a B average doesn't qualify him alone.