QB Darian Godfrey

Nexus

Judging strictly from film and not taking into account the variation in level of competition that each QB has faced over their HS careers, then I'd list them like this:

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

That would be my ranking as well.

Speaking of competition, does anyone have an idea of the kind of competition Godfrey faced in HS? I don't have a good sense of what kind of a jump in competition (if any) it is going from one class/division to the next in TX. And how which of these QBs faced the toughest and lightest competition in HS? My guess would be Colter faced lesser talent than Godfrey, Carnes and Fajardo, but that's just based on the states in which they play their HS ball. Thoughts?

Judging strictly from film and not taking into account the variation in level of competition that each QB has faced over their HS careers, then I'd list them like this:

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

Speaking of competition, does anyone have an idea of the kind of competition Godfrey faced in HS? I don't have a good sense of what kind of a jump in competition (if any) it is going from one class/division to the next in TX. And how which of these QBs faced the toughest and lightest competition in HS? My guess would be Colter faced lesser talent than Godfrey, Carnes and Fajardo, but that's just based on the states in which they play their HS ball. Thoughts?

Fajardo will be coming to NU for a visit. Spoke with someone that spoke directly to him. Date still up in the air. NU offense next season is a perfect fit for the offense they run at his school. Servite runs the same up tempo offense as Oregon.

Most interest to date is still from SJS and Nevada. UNLV and SJS with only offers, per Rivals.

Fajardo has visits to SJS (1/15), UNLV (1/22), open on (1/30). If we haven't settled our QB situation, I would say he comes in (1/29 or 1/30).

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

Fajardo will be coming to NU for a visit. Spoke with someone that spoke directly to him. Date still up in the air. NU offense next season is a perfect fit for the offense they run at his school. Servite runs the same up tempo offense as Oregon.

Most interest to date is still from SJS and Nevada. UNLV and SJS with only offers, per Rivals.

Fajardo has visits to SJS (1/15), UNLV (1/22), open on (1/30). If we haven't settled our QB situation, I would say he comes in (1/29 or 1/30).

That time frame makes sense with Carnes coming on 1/23.

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

Just to give you an idea how big each respective school is:

Godfrey attends Gilmer High which has 710 students. They're classified as 3A Div. 1. They also play a couple 4A teams as well. 5A is the biggest division in Texas, so Gilmer is middle sized.

Carnes attends Manatee High which has 2300 students. They play 5A which is the biggest division in Florida.

Fajardo attends Servite High which has 965 students. They play in CIF Southern Section which is the largest section of California. They're paired up in what is called the Pac 5 division. It consists of 5 leagues which has anywhere from 2-4 teams in each league. There is 14 teams total in the Pac 5. It is arguably the toughest division in California.

Colter attends Cherry Creek High which has 3600 students. John Elway's son attended this school and was their QB in 2007. It's also in the largest division in Colorado. 5A Centennial division.

Godfrey attends Gilmer High which has 710 students. They're classified as 3A Div. 1. They also play a couple 4A teams as well. 5A is the biggest division in Texas, so Gilmer is middle sized.

Carnes attends Manatee High which has 2300 students. They play 5A which is the biggest division in Florida.

Fajardo attends Servite High which has 965 students. They play in CIF Southern Section which is the largest section of California. They're paired up in what is called the Pac 5 division. It consists of 5 leagues which has anywhere from 2-4 teams in each league. There is 14 teams total in the Pac 5. It is arguably the toughest division in California.

Colter attends Cherry Creek High which has 3600 students. John Elway's son attended this school and was their QB in 2007. It's also in the largest division in Colorado. 5A Centennial division.

Good info.

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

Great stuff. Thanks Nexus!

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

I'll add one more! Great info! Thanks for the research!

1) Godfrey

2) Carnes

3) Colter

4) Fajardo

I'll add one more! Great info! Thanks for the research!

:thumbs

After watching Godfrey's film again, he reminds me of Michael Bishop from K-State ('97-'98). They share the same measurables. Both are elusive on their feet and can throw on the run consistently.

It doesn't surprise me that K-State has offered him. Coach Snyder probably sees a lot of Michael Bishop in Godfrey.

After watching Godfrey's film again, he reminds me of Michael Bishop from K-State ('97-'98). They share the same measurables. Both are elusive on their feet and can throw on the run consistently.

It doesn't surprise me that K-State has offered him. Coach Snyder probably sees a lot of Michael Bishop in Godfrey.

I agree. The Scout report puzzles me. The kid throws for 9000+ yards with 64% completions and 114 TD's and on film looks to be a great passer --- yet Scout says he needs improvement in arm strength (on film he threw darts), and consistency (64% completions!) and that he is a project. Wow. Based on his film and his numbers he looks to be a 4 start player --- not a 2 star.

Seems to be a great get.

On film (and in numbers) he seems well ahead of Gabbert. Am I smoking something here or is Scout way off?

To your point --- Michael Bishop is the guy who comes to mind. And... of course... Bishop was very, very good.

I agree. The Scout report puzzles me. The kid throws for 9000+ yards with 64% completions and 114 TD's and on film looks to be a great passer --- yet Scout says he needs improvement in arm strength (on film he threw darts), and consistency (64% completions!) and that he is a project. Wow. Based on his film and his numbers he looks to be a 4 start player --- not a 2 star.

Seems to be a great get.

On film (and in numbers) he seems well ahead of Gabbert. Am I smoking something here or is Scout way off?

To your point --- Michael Bishop is the guy who comes to mind. And... of course... Bishop was very, very good.

I'm with you all the way. The Scout report is puzzling. :dunno

The other thing that Bishop & Godfrey share in common is that they're both from Texas.

Speaking of Bishop, did you know that Jamie Foxx (the actor/comedian) is his cousin? Jamie's government name is Eric Bishop. Jamie was also Texas born & bred. He played QB in HS too.

Seems to be a great get.

I agree with Bishop reference and the K State offer from Snyder confirms that they/he feels that way too.

I was going to say Freeman recently but Freeman is 6'6".

I could see him starting at a lot of the schools on his list as a freshman. Virginia, Tulsa, GT??, K. State.