My Favorite Play of all Time!

Out of all the games that i have watched over the years there is one game that stands out in my mind. And that of course is the '97 Mizzou game that we almost lost. The reason this stands out is because of the Miracle catch by Matt Davison. And if you don't know which play I am talking about get the hell off of this site!!

It had been pretty even most of the game, but near the end the Tigers were ahead with less than a minute left to go. So what do our beloved Huskers do, they drive the field with a series of arial attacks that came from a very unlikely source, the unreliable (and frankly sh**ty) arm of Scott Frost.

There we are our Huskers just yards from the endzone with only precious few seconds left on the clock. Last play of the game, and every Husker fan in the Nation was holding there breath, because in a very non-Husker fasion we went to the air again...

And, to the horror of every person who has ever supported the scarlet & cream the ball goes in and out of the hands of Shevin Wiggins in the endzone. The ball is inches from the ground and all our dreams of the national title are quickly leaving, and who should come to our rescue, but an unknown freshman by the name of Matt Davison. As the ball was about to hit the ground Davison dives and manages to scoop the ball just before contact with the turf. The rest of the game was just a blur, and we of course ended up winning the game in overtime, and sharing the national championship with the Wolverines.

But that play i will always remember as the Greatest Play of all Time.

One great one, although very simple, but labeled exactely what the team was all about, in '94 when Cory Schlenger ran in from about 20 yards against Colorado on a full back trap. I have this game on film and the guard pulls and just lays out the Def. tackle. You could hear their helmits pop when he hits them. Keith Jackson did the call. He said,"Nebraska gives it to the big ole fullback, just like throwing the dog a bone."

Nebraska was ranked #2, I think and CU #3

redout

I am personally partial to Black 41 Flash Reverse mainly b/c I was there, and that was the most electric surge of emotion Ive ever experienced at a sporting or any other event for that matter. Truly amazing. We began the play in row 54 and after the touchdown we were in row 46 minus all our jack and cokes. Not a bad price to pay for such an incredible experience. Plus the seat upgrade was pretty slick too! :)

Hey Redout, I dont think this pic was from the game you were referring to (believe its Miami Orange Bowl game), but thought you would appreciate it anyway.

brm

• 8 months later...

I would say that the Flash Reverse was my favorite play because I was at the game and the emotion and energy the crowd gave off was amazing. I don't think that I will ever take part of something like that ever again.

The second best play in my mind was against Colorado a couple of years back. The first play of the game had big ol' Dan Alexander running up the middle and out running the super fast Ben Kelly to the end zone from 80 yards out. That was by far big Dan's best game. He had four touchdowns at half time.

• 2 weeks later...
A play that I think was just amazing was when Crouch ran over that safety from Iowa when he was a freshman. Most players don't do that let alone a quarterback. What a hit. I wish our defense could hit like that this year.

believe crouch was a sophomore that year but yes that was awesome.