My Favorite Play of all Time!

A play that I think was just amazing was when Crouch ran over that safety from Iowa when he was a freshman. Most players don't do that let alone a quarterback. What a hit. I wish our defense could hit like that this year.

believe crouch was a sophomore that year but yes that was awesome.

I think that your right. That was my bad. But wow what a hit.

• 2 months later...
Seeing a replay of Quincy Wilson hitting a Miami safety like that and then jumping over him for a touchdown was a pretty good hit too. But I think that Crouch's hit was a little better.

I loved that florida state back last year's hit he put on a db aswell.

it was a florida state safety putting the lick on Roscoe Parrish of Miami, if we are thinking of the same hit. I think he was in the hospital for a week because of internal bleeding

Crouch's run from endzone-to-endzone in 2001 vs. Missouri was one of my favorites. That was a great play. I remember standing up, yelling at the TV "throw it! throw it!, wait, run! run! run!" He juked 2 guys out of their jockstraps.

Favorite play in person is definitely the flash reverse. I was in the student section and when that play happened, freaking mayhem erupted from everywhere. It was like a mosh pit at a Limp Bizkit concert.

And a third play I still enjoy was in the 96 Fiesta, when one of our LB's (Farley?) came on the blitz from the blindside and blasted Wuerffel in the endzone.

I was on the 5 yard line 3 rows up in the corner that crouch ran over

the iowa lb. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It was Tyrone Williams that sacked Wuerfel.

I have to vote Tommie's run as the best ever. He was awesome!

Sorry guy, but it was Jamel Williams who got the safety on Wuerfel.

I would say that the Miracle in Mizzou was probably the best, Flash 41 was right there, along w/ Tommie's TD in the Fiesta Bowl, Crouch's run against Mizzou, and of courst Rodger's punt returns (OU game + Orange Bowl)

We are overlooking Rozier's TD run against UCLA in 83 and Steinkuhlers Fumble-rooskie against Miami. Also, how about Dixons called back punt return (94 OB) and Harris's sack of Costa in the 95 OB, turned the momentum of the game.

It is hard to pick just one play. You guys have nailed all the great ones.

Fraziers Fiesta run, Backflash, Harris and Conneally meeting at QB in OB,etc..

One that hasn't been mentioned, and may not rank too high in recent time, but was huge at the time is the "Bounce Pass" from Gill to Fryar to Krenk... I am not that old, but was at this game and it was nuts.... Innovative at the time to say the least....especially from TO :horns2

• 3 weeks later...

1995 K-State at Nebraska when Mike Rucker completely crushed a KSU player on a punt return. The KSU players helmet flew about 15 yard. That was one of the hardest hits I have ever seen.

That play was one of the highlights on the "Are you N" video!

Anyone know where I can find that video? Gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!

No no no....it was against Colorado in '94. First touchdown of the game. With Beringer at the helm. CU had Stewart and that WR. Stewart was like 5 - 20.

redout

I'm pretty sure that fumblerooski was in '92. I remember because I think it was a Thursday night game and yes the weather was crappy. Plus I think by '94 that play was illegal. Maybe someone with greater access to info can check it though. Asuming I remember correctly, my top 5 would be:

1. Fumblerooski vs Colorado '92

2. Schlessinger 2nd touchdown in 4th quarter of '95 orange bowl.

3. Black 41 Flash Reverse

4. Crouch endzone to endzone at Mizzou '01

5. Groce punt return in 4th quarter vs Texas '02. Many people will think this one is silly. The reason I put it was because I got as excited for that play as I did for any play I've ever seen. I really thought it was going to be the turning point of the season for us, not to mention it was a great return. Too bad we blew it with that pick.

Also, the miracle in Missouri isn't on my list because I was living in South America at the time so I didn't get to see it live. I'm sure if I had it would easily be in the top 5.

For the older skers that saw the plays live: sorry dont know names of any plays

1. Johnny Rodgers any return for TD

then

2. Tommie Frazier 75yd TD run

3. Stuntz to Crouch vs. OU

4. Ahman Green TD run against CO around left end

5. All the GREAT BLACKSHIRT HIGHLIGHTS

sorry too many to call ***

GBR

:horns2

**** All the games broadcast by Lyle Bremser