Is Mike Moudy better than A Rod?

There has been an awful lot of attention being paid to future Husker Andrew Rodriguez by the fans and NE media. Andrew's early commitment to NU back in Nov of 08, his high star ratings, and now his invite to the AAA game have garnered him a great deal of hype to start off his Husker carrer.

But despite this popularity and media attention, after I watched a little video of our recruiting class, I found myself wondering. Is it just me, or does Mike Moudy from Castle Rock Co look like a much better O-lineman than A Rod? At the very least a better tackle.

Now I don't want to start a war about this, and I realize a lot of fans have already emotionally invested in Andrew and may see this as hating or disrespect. But I just thought A Rod looked like a slow and lumbering style of blocker, who doesn't always dominate the way you would expect a player his size to. Where as Mike seemed to have quicker feet, better body control, and IMO looks like a much more athletic prospect than A Rod does.

I know I'm no expert, and there's no telling how both of these players may develop in the future. But I wouldn't be surprised if Moudy ends up maturing into an all conference type tackle for NU, while A Rod transitions to guard. What do you guys think?

There has been an awful lot of attention being paid to future Husker Andrew Rodriguez by the fans and NE media. Andrew's early commitment to NU back in Nov of 08, his high star ratings, and now his invite to the AAA game have garnered him a great deal of hype to start off his Husker carrer.

But despite this popularity and media attention, after I watched a little video of our recruiting class, I found myself wondering. Is it just me, or does Mike Moudy from Castle Rock Co look like a much better O-lineman than A Rod? At the very least a better tackle.

Now I don't want to start a war about this, and I realize a lot of fans have already emotionally invested in Andrew and may see this as hating or disrespect. But I just thought A Rod looked like a slow and lumbering style of blocker, who doesn't always dominate the way you would expect a player his size to. Where as Mike seemed to have quicker feet, better body control, and IMO looks like a much more athletic prospect than A Rod does.

I know I'm no expert, and there's no telling how both of these players may develop in the future. But I wouldn't be surprised if Moudy ends up maturing into an all conference type tackle for NU, while A Rod transitions to guard. What do you guys think?

Idoubt A-Rod moves to guard. I heard on the radio he doesnt like guard and is not comfortable there.

I ahve heard nothing but good things about A-rod when it comes to work ethic.

There has been lots of talk, among coaches (high school coaches) and then some "experts" that Moudy is really a 4 star kid or 5 star kid that has been stuck on the 3 star thing. I can see that being the case, ranking any kid is hard but ranking lineman has got to be near impossible.

I have heard he was born to play OL and that he is a nasty finisher.

I am not a "hater", but it is on record that I don't believe A-rod is nearly as good as his hype. I have watched him play and maybe MY expectations were too high, but I have been disappointed the few times I have watched.

Now, I have watched video from the AAA game and in some video, he looks impressive and in others he looks very slow and not real sound. Probably has a lot to do with the move to G instead of T.

I will reserve judgement until 1. I watch him Sataurday and 2. After he arrives on campus and gets more coaching. I still think a red shirt for him is a no brainer.

As I type this post, just heard that he was named the STARTING RIGHT G for the West team. Congrats Andrew.

** I don't know enough about Moudy to compare the two.

I have always thought that Moudy was the forgotten recruit on the OL. I've heard a lot of talk about Qvale, A-Rod, even Moore and Reeves and very little about Mike. Other threads talk about how much different posters want Simek or how they wish we had gotten Demien, both may be good players in their careers but nobody brings up the fact that Moudy although just a three star could be as good as Rodriguez.

I suspect like Qvale last year we may have found a gem in Moudy.

There are 7 other offensive linemen on the Army All-American West squad. According to Rivals, their overall national ranks among all prospects are #1, #62, #64, #78, #101, #148, and #152. If Rodriguez is one of the 5 best offensive linemen and earned a starting spot among these prospects, what more proof do you need that he is, at the very least, a solid prospect.

I saw Mike at a game. He was there for an unofficial visit. He is one heeeeeeeeeee-moth of a human. The reports are right. He was born to play football. He isnt the fat kid in HS that you throw on your line. He isnt really fat at all. Just BIG!!!!!!!!