schuhbdoo

QB Cody Fajardo

http://www.servitehs.org/apps/news/show_ne...&rn=6949430

Cody Fajardo; LA Times Player of the Year

Servite High quarterback had dream season capped with state championship.

You always knew how it was going to turn out when Cody Fajardo decided to wing it.

Favorably for Anaheim Servite High.

Whether the quarterback deftly scrambled around defenders or slipped a tackle and heaved a pass downfield, he usually achieved the desired result.

Fajardo guided the Friars to several narrow playoff victories on the way to becoming the first team in school history to play in the CIF state championship Division II bowl. Fajardo came up big in that game too, passing for one touchdown and running for another during Servite's 33-30 win over Rocklin.

It was a season full of highlights for Fajardo, The Times' Glenn Davis Award winner as the top player in Southern California. He helped Servite beat archrival Santa Ana Mater Dei for the first time since 1988 and become the first team to win the Trinity League outright. The Friars also avenged their only loss with a 16-6 victory over Huntington Beach Edison in the Southern Section Pac-5 Division title game.

"It's been very dream-like," said Fajardo, who broke Greg Cicero's single-season school record with 3,562 yards of total offense. "Sometimes I question like, wow, is this really all going on?"

A more pressing question in the wake of such a spectacular season might be: What are college recruiters thinking?

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound senior has only one scholarship offer, from San Jose State. The lack of interest in a player who will go down in Servite lore alongside former NFL Pro Bowl quarterback Steve Beuerlein infuriates Friars Coach Troy Thomas.

"There's a lot of guys who look the part but can't handle the heat," Thomas said. "He's a guy that gets it done when the pressure is on. I guarantee there's not a better quarterback out there, not a guy you don't want leading your team more than this kid."

Fajardo says it's fine that he is not more heavily recruited and that he was cut after only three episodes of a reality television show featuring eight of the nation's top unheralded quarterbacks. After all, he thrives amid adversity.

With his team needing a score late in a playoff game against Mission Viejo, Fajardo broke a tackle and threw the ball across his body, completing a 48-yard touchdown pass. A week later, when the Pac-5 title game turned into a mud bowl amid a steady downpour, Fajardo threw a touchdown pass and rushed for 95 yards.

"It's kind of crazy," Servite senior guard Nico Espinoza said. "You're thinking that play might not work and all of a sudden he does something with his feet or he breaks tackles."

Fajardo's improvisational skills have become legendary.

"I love it when it works," Thomas said, smiling, "and it works more than it doesn't."

Photo: Cody Fajardo set a school record for total offense,

and he did it with style in a “dream-like” season.

(Los Angeles Times)

-7D9ZoI1VUY

And Competing for a spot on the Army All-American Bowl Roster

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

Nevada interested not sure of offer.

3.6 GPA Great kid!!! Personality, looks, brains.

Finds a way to make plays.

Is there any indication NU is even looking at him? Nice article/vid though.

According to someone that was on campus. Our staff paid a visit in Cali yesterday afternoon.

I got a text picture of Bo and Carl in Cali yesterday.

6-2 195

Rivals :star:star:star

Scout :star :star

ESPN :star

all offers are west coast teams other then Central Michigan.

I dont see us having any interest

O and it is spelt Cody.

rivals teaser about Cody picking up another offer? any have who it is? UNLV and San Jose St have offers.

It says NU is of medium interest.

Confirmed. Bo Pelini was at his HS when he stopped to talk to Joshua.

Yeah I caught this on HI. Now we know who the 3rd QB is.

"Coach (Carl) Pelini came by my school and got my film. They said that they loved my tape, but want to come see me in person to see if my head is on straight.

"They've been calling me, and coach (Shawn) Watson said he's coming out on Wed. to let me know if they're going to offer me or not. Basically, if they offer me, I'll take an official visit out there."

"Coach (Carl) Pelini came by my school and got my film. They said that they loved my tape, but want to come see me in person to see if my head is on straight.

"They've been calling me, and coach (Shawn) Watson said he's coming out on Wed. to let me know if they're going to offer me or not. Basically, if they offer me, I'll take an official visit out there."

I got a buddy that has a kid at this school and my buddy talk to Cody and his dad a lot. My friend's wife family is big time NU fans.

Maybe the staff is looking at different film than what's posted on Rivals, but I'm not very impressed with it. The only thing that makes Fajardo more attractive than Godfrey (or Carnes) is his height. But judging from him film alone, I just don't see it. I would much rather give that scholarship to Fulton or Simek than Fajardo, if they choose NU. But of course I'll defer to the much better judgment of the staff in this matter. Plus, I'm probably biased against Fajardo because of my man-crush on Godfrey.

Crap! I didn't see this coming. I just deleted the Servite vs Rocklin game from my dvr last week. I only recorded it to make sure I got all 4 quarters of the game before it. I could have watched and given my professional scouting opinion. :sarcasm

He is worth a look as said before.. but i think if we dont get Carnes, we move on and give the scholarship to someone else. QB isnt huge because of what we might have in 2011.

Fixed it for ya.

I'm not sure what the difference between this kid and Marsh is, to be honest. He looks like he may have a slightly stronger arm, but I am not overly impressed by his highlights.

I am new to this Forum, but I created one because I found something that could be very useful. I am a Big Nebraska fan and I just fell in love with this Fajardo kid after I saw this

http://www.webhighlights.net/fajardo.htm

Let me know what you think about this find :)

Damn I think this kid looks great and he is doing it against some of the best competition in the nation. I would be happy with him or carnes. I like them both.

How good's his competition? Either he's got blazing speed or they've got some slow safeties...also looked like he made some good throws, but what do I know :) I don't watch too many highlight films but I liked what I saw out of that one.

How good's his competition? Either he's got blazing speed or they've got some slow safeties...also looked like he made some good throws, but what do I know :) I don't watch too many highlight films but I liked what I saw out of that one.

He plays against some of the best competition in California. Maxpreps rated Servite as the number 8 team in the nation at the end of the season. De La Salle, Crenshaw, Servite, Edison were top California teams.

21 TD's to 2 Int's. Translation, he doesn't give the ball away on consecutive interceptions in the Big 12 Championship Game.

He rushed for 1133 yards. A little over 6 yards per carry. He plays in the same offense that Watson wants to run. Up-tempo spread like Oregon.

Rallied his team for several late comeback wins where he carried his team on his shoulders.

I am new to this Forum, but I created one because I found something that could be very useful. I am a Big Nebraska fan and I just fell in love with this Fajardo kid after I saw this

I like this film much better than what they have on Rivals. He makes a couple of nice throws. I am surprised to hear that he was playing against such great competition because those were some very open WRs and gaping running lanes. Maybe Servite is just a great team. But it does look like he has some good speed for a QB and the ability to run some plays that look very Watson-esque (in the best possible sense of the term). I suppose he could become a Ganz type player with better speed with some seasoning. I trust the staff's evaluation on this one.

Pretty good film. Lets see how it will transfer to the college game. What do you think HuskersAllDay? Can he play at the Big 12 level?

Well to be honest only time will tell. DO I like the kid... YES Do i think he has talent... YES is he ready for Big 12 football...IDK we will see maybe he comes in and redshirts, bulks up and learns the offense, and gets used to this college atmosphere. I believe in the kid, I read some articles how he had some great accomplishments, such as California State player of the year which is a big deal, The Glenn Davis award, which was also received by Matt Barkley a true freshman for USC last year. This kids film looks great, If they want to have a more running style quarterback I think this is who they need to pick up. Only Time will tell,and lets hope for the best

Well to be honest only time will tell. DO I like the kid... YES Do i think he has talent... YES is he ready for Big 12 football...IDK we will see maybe he comes in and redshirts, bulks up and learns the offense, and gets used to this college atmosphere. I believe in the kid, I read some articles how he had some great accomplishments, such as California State player of the year which is a big deal, The Glenn Davis award, which was also received by Matt Barkley a true freshman for USC last year. This kids film looks great, If they want to have a more running style quarterback I think this is who they need to pick up. Only Time will tell,and lets hope for the best

You have certainly done your homework on the kid.

With all of the homework that you have done; what do you think is the reason that he doesnt have very many offers? He is in a recruiting hotbed and in a big time program. Certainly the California POY wouldnt fly under the radar. There are plenty of schools on the West Coast that have seen him play one would imagine and very few have offered. What is that all about?

With all of the homework that you have done; what do you think is the reason that he doesnt have very many offers? He is in a recruiting hotbed and in a big time program. Certainly the California POY wouldnt fly under the radar. There are plenty of schools on the West Coast that have seen him play one would imagine and very few have offered. What is that all about?

You set me up for a tough question hahaha, well I believe that he hasnt received the looks or the offers that he has deserved because by the time he was done with his breakout season many of the programs had there committs already, therefore why would they want to offer another kid and bring in two qb's no matter how good he is. That is part of the reason why I believe he hasnt got any offers from these schools. Look his season was 15 weeks by the time that was over there was only a little bit of time left for recruiting, this is why I believe he barely has any offers, do I prove a point?

You set me up for a tough question hahaha, well I believe that he hasnt received the looks or the offers that he has deserved because by the time he was done with his breakout season many of the programs had there committs already, therefore why would they want to offer another kid and bring in two qb's no matter how good he is. That is part of the reason why I believe he hasnt got any offers from these schools. Look his season was 15 weeks by the time that was over there was only a little bit of time left for recruiting, this is why I believe he barely has any offers, do I prove a point?

Yes you proved a point. My question wasnt argumentative just objective. One example you should have used was Quincy Enunwa though. He is from the same area of the country as you and he has been flying under the radar the whole recruiting process as well.

Good video HuskersAllDay...seeing this video, he has a better arm than I originally thought. He could be a nice pickup if Carnes falls through. I'm still worried by the lack of offers, but if Watson/Bo think he's a good fit, awesome.

I'd take Colter, Godfrey, or Carnes over this kid.

This kid fits the bill of taking a QB just to take one. Im sure he is a good QB in his own respect but I am not at all sold on him being a good QB in the Big 12. He would add depth but nothing more.

Welcome to the board, HuskerCrazy. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

I read on another board (I think Huskerpedia) that someone hoped if we landed Farjado, he'd fit into the Joe Ganz mold, who is not overly impressive physically, but is a gamer and just has "it." They even said Farjado may be a bit faster. I'll have to check out some footage on this kid. It is truly too bad Stump would not give us a look. I was hoping to land that kid. Awesome film, and more importantly, what a name.

Well, it would be nice to say we are going to load up on talent next year, but you never know. You never really know how good these guys are going to turn out, how high their ceilings are, etc.

The fact that he has played against great competition, is a natural winner, has decent wheels, and is pretty intelligent all make him a little less of a risk. Ganz didn't need great arm strength - he just had the "it" factor and a great relationship with his receivers.

The best thing for him, if we do sign him, is the fact that the fans expectations will be tempered quite a bit since he is a lowly 3 star with only a few offers. So he can work his ass off in behind the scenes without being bothered. ;)

We need depth and can never have enough QBs. If this kid could turn into a gamer, absolutely, absolutely give him the shot...we might not regret it.

Joe Ganz wasn't "talented" or fast...he was just one freakin' hell of a player. If coaches see that potential in Cody, why not? I don't buy into the "not taking a QB just to take one" talk by the way. I still think we will do our absolute best to land a QB as we sure need one. Saying "we won't take one just to take one" is a bit of a coachspeak endorsement of the guys we are looking at - I'm sure they are worthy of offers, but also I think the statement was deliberately made with this idea in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, we SHOULD say that. Do we ever, at any position, take a guy just to take a guy? Even if we had the biggest need in the world, we'd be saying that the guys we look at/offer/accept are ballplayers in their own right. Hence why I wouldn't read a whole lot into the statement - but that's just me.

the guy looks solid but i dont know if to taka a guy just to take him is the right thing....

do the coaches think in the future he can come in and compete.... or do they have him as some sort of backup kind of guy who will never see the field type thing.... i think bo and company pick guys they think can play and could lead the team if need be.... with that being said competition makes everyone better so i'll trust the staff

personally i was pretty hyped on the kid but now i've cooled a bit.....

-7D9ZoI1VUY

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

:moreinteresting

I'll be honest, Cody does not impress me. His video just screams "alert alert: injured Zach Lee" from this past year. He doesn't check down, he locks onto to one receiver. His throwing motion is long and his arm strength looks average.

I'm just not convinced we have to offer him a scholarship. The sky would not fall if we concentrated on getting Jamall Turner and/or another QB next year.

We need depth and can never have enough QBs. If this kid could turn into a gamer, absolutely, absolutely give him the shot...we might not regret it.

Joe Ganz wasn't "talented" or fast...he was just one freakin' hell of a player. If coaches see that potential in Cody, why not? I don't buy into the "not taking a QB just to take one" talk by the way. I still think we will do our absolute best to land a QB as we sure need one. Saying "we won't take one just to take one" is a bit of a coachspeak endorsement of the guys we are looking at - I'm sure they are worthy of offers, but also I think the statement was deliberately made with this idea in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, we SHOULD say that. Do we ever, at any position, take a guy just to take a guy? Even if we had the biggest need in the world, we'd be saying that the guys we look at/offer/accept are ballplayers in their own right. Hence why I wouldn't read a whole lot into the statement - but that's just me.

Right on, The way recruits go you never know who will actually sign next year. They are going to sign a QB this year and I think they are going to tell Cranes you got so many days to sign or we are giving it to another QB that wants it. I trust their judgment and this guy runs the "Waston Spread". But the reason for depth at positions is to let the cream rise to the top like Joey you cornheads

Right on, The way recruits go you never know who will actually sign next year. They are going to sign a QB this year and I think they are going to tell Cranes you got so many days to sign or we are giving it to another QB that wants it. I trust their judgment and this guy runs the "Waston Spread". But the reason for depth at positions is to let the cream rise to the top like Joey you cornheads

Get of the board Cody. Let your game do the talking. This is childish and you arent going to make friends or win anyone over this way. If the coaches want you then I want you too, but until then leave it at that and dont post on our board talking yourself up. Take Huskersallday with you.

Get of the board Cody. Let your game do the talking. This is childish and you arent going to make friends or win anyone over this way. If the coaches want you then I want you too, but until then leave it at that and dont post on our board talking yourself up. Take Huskersallday with you.

:nutz:snacks:

-7D9ZoI1VUY

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

That info was given to me by one of the moms from his school, she has watched him play for a while and knows him. I just used her words. Hurry up, call Chris Hansen, you may be able to help with his show on Dateliine.

-7D9ZoI1VUY

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

That info was given to me by one of the moms from his school, she has watched him play for a while and knows him. I just used her words. Hurry up, call Chris Hansen, you may be able to help with his show on Dateliine.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Fajardo said he's NOT signing on signing day. He's going to stretch the recruiting process out until the end of February before he signs with any school. He's already visited San Jose St. and will visit UNLV this weekend. He said he's waiting to hear back from NU to see if they'll offer him or not. If NU offers, then he'll take an official visit.

Fajardo said he's NOT signing on signing day. He's going to stretch the recruiting process out until the end of February before he signs with any school. He's already visited San Jose St. and will visit UNLV this weekend. He said he's waiting to hear back from NU to see if they'll offer him or not. If NU offers, then he'll take an official visit.

This seems to jive with how I have seen the NU QB process for a little bit now. Unless Carnes surprises me and commits soon after his visit, I don't see NU closing the QB race until after signing day.

This seems to jive with how I have seen the NU QB process for a little bit now. Unless Carnes surprises me and commits soon after his visit, I don't see NU closing the QB race until after signing day.

schuhbdoo

Travel Squad (101-300 Posts)

Group:Members

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

caveman99, on 22 January 2010 - 10:33 AM, said:

EZ-E, on 22 January 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

It wouldnt let me quote your's Cave. So we found it.

dang, was hoping we could stretch that out a bit more.

It wouldn't surprise me if Godfrey slips in as the No. 2 guy if Carnes re-confirms he commitment to USF.

1) Carnes

2a) Godfrey

2b) Fajardo

I think Godfrey and Fajardo are a neck in and won't get an offer until we know for sure what Carnes' plans are.

They next QB to get a visit on 1/30 is the no. 2 in my opinion.

Our staff continues to make in person visits to Fajardo, so he is still in the mix.

When you compare measurables on their rivals page Tyler Gabbert and Fajardo are very comparable to be honest.

When you compare measurables on their rivals page Tyler Gabbert and Fajardo are very comparable to be honest.

Now everyone on the board is going to destroy this kid. Thanks EZ-E...