QB Cody Fajardo

schuhbdoo

I'd take Colter, Godfrey, or Carnes over this kid.

This kid fits the bill of taking a QB just to take one. Im sure he is a good QB in his own respect but I am not at all sold on him being a good QB in the Big 12. He would add depth but nothing more.

Welcome to the board, HuskerCrazy. Hope to hear more from you in the future.

I read on another board (I think Huskerpedia) that someone hoped if we landed Farjado, he'd fit into the Joe Ganz mold, who is not overly impressive physically, but is a gamer and just has "it." They even said Farjado may be a bit faster. I'll have to check out some footage on this kid. It is truly too bad Stump would not give us a look. I was hoping to land that kid. Awesome film, and more importantly, what a name.

Well, it would be nice to say we are going to load up on talent next year, but you never know. You never really know how good these guys are going to turn out, how high their ceilings are, etc.

The fact that he has played against great competition, is a natural winner, has decent wheels, and is pretty intelligent all make him a little less of a risk. Ganz didn't need great arm strength - he just had the "it" factor and a great relationship with his receivers.

The best thing for him, if we do sign him, is the fact that the fans expectations will be tempered quite a bit since he is a lowly 3 star with only a few offers. So he can work his ass off in behind the scenes without being bothered. ;)

We need depth and can never have enough QBs. If this kid could turn into a gamer, absolutely, absolutely give him the shot...we might not regret it.

Joe Ganz wasn't "talented" or fast...he was just one freakin' hell of a player. If coaches see that potential in Cody, why not? I don't buy into the "not taking a QB just to take one" talk by the way. I still think we will do our absolute best to land a QB as we sure need one. Saying "we won't take one just to take one" is a bit of a coachspeak endorsement of the guys we are looking at - I'm sure they are worthy of offers, but also I think the statement was deliberately made with this idea in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, we SHOULD say that. Do we ever, at any position, take a guy just to take a guy? Even if we had the biggest need in the world, we'd be saying that the guys we look at/offer/accept are ballplayers in their own right. Hence why I wouldn't read a whole lot into the statement - but that's just me.

the guy looks solid but i dont know if to taka a guy just to take him is the right thing....

do the coaches think in the future he can come in and compete.... or do they have him as some sort of backup kind of guy who will never see the field type thing.... i think bo and company pick guys they think can play and could lead the team if need be.... with that being said competition makes everyone better so i'll trust the staff

personally i was pretty hyped on the kid but now i've cooled a bit.....

I'll be honest, Cody does not impress me. His video just screams "alert alert: injured Zach Lee" from this past year. He doesn't check down, he locks onto to one receiver. His throwing motion is long and his arm strength looks average.

I'm just not convinced we have to offer him a scholarship. The sky would not fall if we concentrated on getting Jamall Turner and/or another QB next year.

We need depth and can never have enough QBs. If this kid could turn into a gamer, absolutely, absolutely give him the shot...we might not regret it.

Joe Ganz wasn't "talented" or fast...he was just one freakin' hell of a player. If coaches see that potential in Cody, why not? I don't buy into the "not taking a QB just to take one" talk by the way. I still think we will do our absolute best to land a QB as we sure need one. Saying "we won't take one just to take one" is a bit of a coachspeak endorsement of the guys we are looking at - I'm sure they are worthy of offers, but also I think the statement was deliberately made with this idea in mind. Not that it's a bad thing, we SHOULD say that. Do we ever, at any position, take a guy just to take a guy? Even if we had the biggest need in the world, we'd be saying that the guys we look at/offer/accept are ballplayers in their own right. Hence why I wouldn't read a whole lot into the statement - but that's just me.

Right on, The way recruits go you never know who will actually sign next year. They are going to sign a QB this year and I think they are going to tell Cranes you got so many days to sign or we are giving it to another QB that wants it. I trust their judgment and this guy runs the "Waston Spread". But the reason for depth at positions is to let the cream rise to the top like Joey you cornheads

Right on, The way recruits go you never know who will actually sign next year. They are going to sign a QB this year and I think they are going to tell Cranes you got so many days to sign or we are giving it to another QB that wants it. I trust their judgment and this guy runs the "Waston Spread". But the reason for depth at positions is to let the cream rise to the top like Joey you cornheads

Get of the board Cody. Let your game do the talking. This is childish and you arent going to make friends or win anyone over this way. If the coaches want you then I want you too, but until then leave it at that and dont post on our board talking yourself up. Take Huskersallday with you.

Get of the board Cody. Let your game do the talking. This is childish and you arent going to make friends or win anyone over this way. If the coaches want you then I want you too, but until then leave it at that and dont post on our board talking yourself up. Take Huskersallday with you.

:nutz:snacks:

-7D9ZoI1VUY

And Competing for a spot on the Army All-American Bowl Roster

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

Nevada interested not sure of offer.

3.6 GPA Great kid!!! Personality, looks, brains.

Finds a way to make plays.

:moreinteresting

That info was given to me by one of the moms from his school, she has watched him play for a while and knows him. I just used her words. Hurry up, call Chris Hansen, you may be able to help with his show on Dateliine.

-7D9ZoI1VUY

And Competing for a spot on the Army All-American Bowl Roster

GtKHPE-0Nfs

San Jose State offer.

Nevada interested not sure of offer.

3.6 GPA Great kid!!! Personality, looks, brains.

Finds a way to make plays.

:moreinteresting

That info was given to me by one of the moms from his school, she has watched him play for a while and knows him. I just used her words. Hurry up, call Chris Hansen, you may be able to help with his show on Dateliine.

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound