QB Cody Fajardo

schuhbdoo

Fajardo said he's NOT signing on signing day. He's going to stretch the recruiting process out until the end of February before he signs with any school. He's already visited San Jose St. and will visit UNLV this weekend. He said he's waiting to hear back from NU to see if they'll offer him or not. If NU offers, then he'll take an official visit.

Fajardo said he's NOT signing on signing day. He's going to stretch the recruiting process out until the end of February before he signs with any school. He's already visited San Jose St. and will visit UNLV this weekend. He said he's waiting to hear back from NU to see if they'll offer him or not. If NU offers, then he'll take an official visit.

This seems to jive with how I have seen the NU QB process for a little bit now. Unless Carnes surprises me and commits soon after his visit, I don't see NU closing the QB race until after signing day.

This seems to jive with how I have seen the NU QB process for a little bit now. Unless Carnes surprises me and commits soon after his visit, I don't see NU closing the QB race until after signing day.

schuhbdoo

Travel Squad (101-300 Posts)

Group:Members

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

caveman99, on 22 January 2010 - 10:33 AM, said:

EZ-E, on 22 January 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

It wouldnt let me quote your's Cave. So we found it.

dang, was hoping we could stretch that out a bit more.

It wouldn't surprise me if Godfrey slips in as the No. 2 guy if Carnes re-confirms he commitment to USF.

1) Carnes

2a) Godfrey

2b) Fajardo

I think Godfrey and Fajardo are a neck in and won't get an offer until we know for sure what Carnes' plans are.

They next QB to get a visit on 1/30 is the no. 2 in my opinion.

Our staff continues to make in person visits to Fajardo, so he is still in the mix.

When you compare measurables on their rivals page Tyler Gabbert and Fajardo are very comparable to be honest.

HT/WT/Bench/40?

That's why stars exist, to try to evaluate talent, though. I'm sure Gabbert is a more polished passer and high caliber talent out of HS than Cody - but heart's something you can't measure and Cody could end up being the next Joe Ganz. I think Cody will do alright in his own right if he sets his heart to it. And comes to Nebraska :)

When you compare measurables on their rivals page Tyler Gabbert and Fajardo are very comparable to be honest.

HT/WT/Bench/40?

That's why stars exist, to try to evaluate talent, though. I'm sure Gabbert is a more polished passer and high caliber talent out of HS than Cody - but heart's something you can't measure and Cody could end up being the next Joe Ganz. I think Cody will do alright in his own right if he sets his heart to it. And comes to Nebraska :)

21 td and 2 INT How is that close to Ganz the INT machine? <_<

Though it would be nice seeing a QB that will try everything in his power to score by means of rushing or passing something Nebraska has been lacking in the last few years.

Update:

Rivals just posted that Cody is no longer taking a visit to NU this weekend. They didn't speculate why, just reported that he isn't coming anymore. Also said that he was never offered a scholly

We pretty much knew he didn't have an offer yet, but the fact that he's not coming now makes me think either someone else is (Godfrey?) or Carnes is N.

Update:

Rivals just posted that Cody is no longer taking a visit to NU this weekend. They didn't speculate why, just reported that he isn't coming anymore. Also said that he was never offered a scholly

We pretty much knew he didn't have an offer yet, but the fact that he's not coming now makes me think either someone else is (Godfrey?) or Carnes is N.

Godfrey doesn't have an offer AFAIK, and isn't even on the radar anymore to my knowledge.

Update:

Godfrey doesn't have an offer AFAIK, and isn't even on the radar anymore to my knowledge.

Crabtree has a teaser that Fajardo is not coming this weekend but probably going to Arizona instead. Does Stoops stalk these boards???