Big 10 blogger predicts Ohio St. vs. Nebraska next season

Nexus

Nebraska_medium_medium_medium_medium_medium_medium

I think that Nebraska makes the return to national prominence next year. They should be undefeated when Texas rolls into Lincoln in early October. I also think that they'll be undefeated when they face off with Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game. They'll win it this time.

?

If NU makes the title game AND plays a Big 10 school, I think it would be Iowa. 19 or 20 starters back and OSU and Penn St at home. Hawkeyes almost beat OSU this year with true frosh QB after Stanzi went down.

Being a Husker fan in Des Moines, I'm kind of praying for this matchup just to shut the cocky, arrogant fans up. :)

I really don't see Iowa finishing in the top 10 next year. It took some really crazy games for them to get to a BCS game this year (UNI, Michigan St., Indiana). Yes, they have a lot of guys back, but they also lose almost the entire offensive line, which is the foundation of their team in my opinion. Losing Bulaga to the draft really hurts them.

They had a great season, but I don't see them re-creating the magic. By the end of this season, they were a very good team, but there were stretches when they didn't even look like a top 25 team. I expect them to end up in the 12-15 range next season. It seems Stanzi will never get over his issue of not seeing certain coverages and making one really, really dumb interception per game. Yes they get OSU and PSU at home, but for some reason Iowa seems to play better on the road. Iowa is also the type of team that will play to their competition... they will very rarely just come out and stomp someone by halftime. Aside from Minnesota and maybe Indiana, every conference game is losable for them. @ Arizona is losable. They should beat ISU, but you never know.

My guess is a 9-3 finish.

I like that he thinks that Oklahoma and Nebraska will face off in the Big 12 Championship, which i believe is a strong possibility.

I don't see Texas making it in the top 25 with the loss of McCoy and Shipley, They just won't be able to handle Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Now whether we make it to the NC title, I can't say for sure. But i do like that he thinks we will.

Being an Iowan who loves the Cornhuskers....I would love to beat the Hawks in any BCS game. As for the Buckeyes...would be interesting in itself for Bo to play against the school he played for. Last year a friend who I met through the radio broadcasting program I'm in, agreed with me that each of us would not be surprised to see Iowa and Nebraska play in a BCS game against one another with-in the next 5 years... maybe even the BCS championship game.

I like that he thinks that Oklahoma and Nebraska will face off in the Big 12 Championship, which i believe is a strong possibility.

I don't see Texas making it in the top 25 with the loss of McCoy and Shipley, They just won't be able to handle Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Now whether we make it to the NC title, I can't say for sure. But i do like that he thinks we will.

Agreed. We saw what happened when McCoy went down. Take Shipley's incredible plays away from the MNC game, and I think Texas gets held to 6 points.

I really don't see Iowa finishing in the top 10 next year. It took some really crazy games for them to get to a BCS game this year (UNI, Michigan St., Indiana). Yes, they have a lot of guys back, but they also lose almost the entire offensive line, which is the foundation of their team in my opinion. Losing Bulaga to the draft really hurts them.

Yep. See Kansas this past year.