WR Ted Lampkin

Nexus

I dont really blame him, if you feel like you got "dissed" and you have lots of other options, like it appears he will, then I would look other places too.

In the end, the kid has to do what he thinks will be best for him or where he thinks he will feel the best.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. While it's true that he does have other options and that's good, but a kid shouldn't feel like he's entitled to a scholarship if the staff in question wants to see more from him before offering. Afterall, NU is giving him a shot to earn their offer. All he has to do is show up at their camp this summer and prove to the staff that he's worthy of it.

Otherwise this sense of entitlement could be misconstrued as having a prima donna complex among other things that the staff could do without.

• Fire 1

I dont really blame him, if you feel like you got "dissed" and you have lots of other options, like it appears he will, then I would look other places too.

In the end, the kid has to do what he thinks will be best for him or where he thinks he will feel the best.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. While it's true that he does have other options and that's good, but a kid shouldn't feel like he's entitled to a scholarship if the staff in question wants to see more from him before offering. Afterall, NU is giving him a shot to earn their offer. All he has to do is show up at their camp this summer and prove to the staff that he's worthy of it.

Otherwise this sense of entitlement could be misconstrued as having a prima donna complex among other things that the staff could do without.

+1 Nexus, I really hope he changes his mind and makes a trip to the Summer Camp and proves he is worthy, but in the end we have other WR's interested in us.

+1 Nexus, I really hope he changes his mind and makes a trip to the Summer Camp and proves he is worthy, but in the end we have other WR's interested in us.

Don't get it twisted, I'm rooting for this kid. I wish him luck, wherever he goes. I just don't agree with the principle of how he's going about it. That is if I'm interpreting his situation correctly. Afterall, NU is giving him a chance to prove himself. It's up to him to pursue it or look elsewhere like he said he was going to. But in the end, it's not NU's fault if he chooses to look elsewhere.

Don't get it twisted, I'm rooting for this kid. I wish him luck, wherever he goes. I just don't agree with the principle of how he's going about it. That is if I'm interpreting his situation correctly. Afterall, NU is giving him a chance to prove himself. It's up to him to pursue it or look elsewhere like he said he was going to. But in the end, it's not NU's fault if he chooses to look elsewhere.

I'm rooting for him too, and I completely agree with everyhting you said. I just dont want the kid to hold a grudge against NU and pull a curtis carter.

Yeah, see I think I worded my post in a pretty lame way.

I dont think he should feel like he deserves an offer from NU or any school. But now that he is getting offers I can see why he would look at the schools that are interested in him and putting their money where their mouth is (with a scholly).

I just mean that I could see why he would start to look at other schools.

Yeah, see I think I worded my post in a pretty lame way.

I dont think he should feel like he deserves an offer from NU or any school. But now that he is getting offers I can see why he would look at the schools that are interested in him and putting their money where their mouth is (with a scholly).

I just mean that I could see why he would start to look at other schools.

I hear ya. Now if he just plain wasn't interested in Nebraska to begin with, then we wouldn't even be having this discussion, but that's not the case. I just wish he'd swallow his pride on this one and show up at camp and earn the offer.

• 1 month later...

Committed to Iowa State

Good for him, it was pretty obvious he wasn't getting an offer anytime soon from NU, if ever. Although if we go by Texas's theory, Iowa St will never play in Nebraska in his career there, so this makes no sense as he'll never get to play in his home state.

insertsarcasm.gif