signingday2010.png

Player: Brion Carnes

Hometown: Bradenton, FL

Position: QB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 181 lbs.

40 time: 4.64

Visit Date: 1.23.10

Scholarships: Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, Nebraska, South Florida, UAB, Western Kentucky, West Virginia

Favorites: South Florida (soft verbal), Nebraska, Cincinnati, Clemson, Western Kentucky

Rivals: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

Scout: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

1034_521_8.jpg

It will be interesting to see if Bo puts the squeeze on him. If he doesnt commit then we need to know soon and very soon. We have other people that we can give his spot to.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see such a late visit date. I immediately wondered if his visit would be moot by the time he finally made it to campus since there might not be a spot available (for a QB). We shall see.

Is he taking any other scheduled visits after he visits Lincoln?

Brion has talked about possibly visiting Western Kentucky because he has a personal connection with their head coach, Willie Taggart, who used to play at Brion's high school (he's the guy who succeeded Tommie Frazier at QB at Bradenten Manatee H.S. But I haven't heard any specific date set for that one and haven't heard about any other possible visits elsewhere. At this point it looks like it's pretty much either South Florida or NU. As with recruiting, however, things always remain fluid.

With the tumult surrounding USF, I think he comes to NU. His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt, so I guess that is one new cheerleader for us. Biggest thing is if Brion feels a connection with the staff or not. He just went through the entire process building a relationship that is now destroyed. I think he is a bit lost, looking for a staff that will make him feel comfortable in his choice again.

With the tumult surrounding USF, I think he comes to NU. His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt, so I guess that is one new cheerleader for us. Biggest thing is if Brion feels a connection with the staff or not. He just went through the entire process building a relationship that is now destroyed. I think he is a bit lost, looking for a staff that will make him feel comfortable in his choice again.

Wait, if by "us" you mean NU, then I'm confused by that sentence.

Totally agree with the rest of your post though.

I did mean NU, the new cheerleader for NU is Brion's brother because if what he said is true then he is telling Brion to NOT go to USF.

I did mean NU, the new cheerleader for NU is Brion's brother because if what he said is true then he is telling Brion to NOT go to USF.

"His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt" :dunno

Did you mean "...he would NOT advise him to come to USF..." ?