SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

I wonder how South Florida's hire of Skip Holtz will affect Carnes' decision. Thoughts?

I wondered the same thing. If Skip plans on bringing his own staff and booting Leavitt's staff, then I'd say we're good. Carnes mentioned that he really liked Leavitt's staff.

The other thing that has to happen is impressing him on his visit to Lincoln.

I wonder how South Florida's hire of Skip Holtz will affect Carnes' decision. Thoughts?

I wondered the same thing. If Skip plans on bringing his own staff and booting Leavitt's staff, then I'd say we're good. Carnes mentioned that he really liked Leavitt's staff.

The other thing that has to happen is impressing him on his visit to Lincoln.

skip holtz really turned around ECU but i dont think he screams 'epic coach' or a guy that might seal the deal type hire... i think bo vs. skip battle clearly is won by Bo

still think it doesnt really effect us......

I really think that once this kid comes in and talks to TO and meets with Tommie Frazier that it is going to be very hard for him to say no.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Here are some possible scenarios leading up to Feb. 3rd.

-- Assuming Carnes doesn't commit on the spot, then that leaves him 9 days to sit on our offer before the 1st day of LOI's are signed.

-- He'll more than likely visit Western Kentucky since he has a relationship with Coach Taggart.

-- There is also the possibility of a visit to Cincinnati.

If we assume that he plans to visit all of the above schools then his decision will likely come after Feb. 3rd. Unless he plans on seeing WKU & Cincy consecutive days within that 9 day window after leaving Lincoln, but I don't see that happening. Therefore his decision won't come until after Feb. 3rd.

So the question is, does Bo give Carnes a timeline of when he expects a decision, assuming he offers him on the spot?

If the rumor that Godfrey is supposed to visit NU on 1/29 is true, then how does that play into Carnes's potential offer?

Does Bo offer Carnes ahead of the Godfrey visit with the assumption that he'll sit on his decision for a few days while taking his other visits, yet still entertains Godfrey on his official visit as a backup plan?

Or does Bo wait until Carnes & Godfrey complete their official visits at NU before he offers either of them? This would mean that he'll wait to offer the person of his choice on or after Jan. 31st leaving 3 days before LOI's are signed.

Any thoughts on this?

I really think that once this kid comes in and talks to TO and meets with Tommie Frazier that it is going to be very hard for him to say no.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Here are some possible scenarios leading up to Feb. 3rd.

-- Assuming Carnes doesn't commit on the spot, then that leaves him 9 days to sit on our offer before the 1st day of LOI's are signed.

-- He'll more than likely visit Western Kentucky since he has a relationship with Coach Taggart.

-- There is also the possibility of a visit to Cincinnati.

If we assume that he plans to visit all of the above schools then his decision will likely come after Feb. 3rd. Unless he plans on seeing WKU & Cincy consecutive days within that 9 day window after leaving Lincoln, but I don't see that happening. Therefore his decision won't come until after Feb. 3rd.

So the question is, does Bo give Carnes a timeline of when he expects a decision, assuming he offers him on the spot?

If the rumor that Godfrey is supposed to visit NU on 1/29 is true, then how does that play into Carnes's potential offer?

Does Bo offer Carnes ahead of the Godfrey visit with the assumption that he'll sit on his decision for a few days while taking his other visits, yet still entertains Godfrey on his official visit as a backup plan?

Or does Bo wait until Carnes & Godfrey complete their official visits at NU before he offers either of them? This would mean that he'll wait to offer the person of his choice on or after Jan. 31st leaving 3 days before LOI's are signed.

Any thoughts on this?

Yah, it seems to be an unpredictable situation without knowing exactly what the coaches are thinking. Is there any possibility that we would take both of them? I am sure that if both Owa and Cooper committed we would not have the room, but lets say one or both of them go elsewhere, then what? Would we save a scholly or two for next year? Would we take another O-lineman (Simek or Fulton)? Would we offer Marsh? Would take a plan B guy at safety? There are a lot more possibilities.

Just curious if anyone has heard whether or not both of these guys are locked into playing qb. If by some chance we did end up taking both, if one of them was not making out well at qb they both seem athletic enough to play a variety of positions. TO made a living off of taking HS qb's and rb's and moving them all over the field.

Carnes will get his chance to commit. I believe that Bo will put the squeeze on him with this one. Also as my previous post suggests I think that he will be overwhelmed by his visit and realize that there is no place like Nebraska.

I dont think that we will take a "plan b" safety this year.

From everything that I have heard 3 is the magic number with Owa, Cooper, and Carnes being the top 3. If we only get 2 of the 3 then I would imagine that we either save the scholly or push hard for Simek or Fulton.

Carnes will get his chance to commit. I believe that Bo will put the squeeze on him with this one. Also as my previous post suggests I think that he will be overwhelmed by his visit and realize that there is no place like Nebraska.

From everything that I have heard 3 is the magic number with Owa, Cooper, and Carnes being the top 3. If we only get 2 of the 3 then I would imagine that we either save the scholly or push hard for Simek or Fulton.

I'm going to say that we get Owa and Carnes and that Cooper stays at Illinois or goes south to Florida State w/ Stoops since he has a really good relationship with Stoops if Florida State offers a scholorship.

Here is how I see it going down.

-- NU will offer Carnes on his visit but he won't commit on the spot. Instead he'll sit on the offer so that he can fulfill his official visit with Coach Taggart at WKU.

-- In the meantime, Godfrey will be invited for an official visit. If Carnes hasn't accepted the offer by the time Godfrey steps foot on NU's campus, then he'll be offered on the spot.

-- In the end, whoever accepts the offer first wins the scholly.

-- If neither responds by Feb. 3rd, then NU will close out this recruiting class without a QB and focus on signing 2 QB's next year.

that Cooper stays at Illinois or goes south to Florida State w/ Stoops

I can see him going to Fla. St. But I would be shocked if he goes to Illinois.

Hey, what's the deal with you getting the last posting slot? :lol:

We both posted our previous message at the exact same time. I bet you didn't even get a chance to read my last post in this thread did you? <_<