SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

With the tumult surrounding USF, I think he comes to NU. His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt, so I guess that is one new cheerleader for us. Biggest thing is if Brion feels a connection with the staff or not. He just went through the entire process building a relationship that is now destroyed. I think he is a bit lost, looking for a staff that will make him feel comfortable in his choice again.

Wait, if by "us" you mean NU, then I'm confused by that sentence.

Totally agree with the rest of your post though.

I did mean NU, the new cheerleader for NU is Brion's brother because if what he said is true then he is telling Brion to NOT go to USF.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. And that's great to hear about his brother pumping up NU. Thanks for the info!

With the tumult surrounding USF, I think he comes to NU. His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt, so I guess that is one new cheerleader for us. Biggest thing is if Brion feels a connection with the staff or not. He just went through the entire process building a relationship that is now destroyed. I think he is a bit lost, looking for a staff that will make him feel comfortable in his choice again.

I did mean NU, the new cheerleader for NU is Brion's brother because if what he said is true then he is telling Brion to NOT go to USF.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. And that's great to hear about his brother pumping up NU. Thanks for the info!

Actually his brother is presently a football player for USF. He told Brion not to come to USF after the Leavitt fallout. Basically told him to look at his other options.

He stated this before the firing of Leavitt. He also said that there would be a mass exodus of USF players (himself included) if Leavitt was fired. These were basically threats directed at the USF administration and only he knows if he will actually follow through.

I am also not clear as to whether or not they are actually brothers. Young's statement was the first time I had heard as much and I am not sure whether he meant it in the literal or figurative sense.

He stated this before the firing of Leavitt. He also said that there would be a mass exodus of USF players (himself included) if Leavitt was fired. These were basically threats directed at the USF administration and only he knows if he will actually follow through.

I am also not clear as to whether or not they are actually brothers. Young's statement was the first time I had heard as much and I am not sure whether he meant it in the literal or figurative sense.

Yeah, my guess was the same when I read it the other day. I think he meant it figuratively.

Young and Carnes are not related by blood, Young is his god-brother according to an article I found

“He’s my god brother, but I treat him like he’s my blood brother, and we have a real close relationship. His mom and my dad were coworkers and we kind of grew up together. He keeps me on the right path and always on me like a big brother should be.”

And then here's Young's comments

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf...s-coach/1063906

"There's a lot of recruits, like my little brother, (Bradenton quarterback) Brion Carnes. I would not let him come here if another coach came in here. I came here for him, and a lot of other players too."

Young and Carnes are not related by blood, Young is his god-brother according to an article I found

“He’s my god brother, but I treat him like he’s my blood brother, and we have a real close relationship. His mom and my dad were coworkers and we kind of grew up together. He keeps me on the right path and always on me like a big brother should be.”

And then here's Young's comments

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf...s-coach/1063906

"There's a lot of recruits, like my little brother, (Bradenton quarterback) Brion Carnes. I would not let him come here if another coach came in here. I came here for him, and a lot of other players too."

God-brother? Never heard that term before.

"His brother said that he would advise him to come to USF if they got rid of Leavitt" :dunno

Did you mean "...he would NOT advise him to come to USF..." ?

Yeah that is what I meant as several others have found those quotes and posted. I think NU is in good position to land him, x-factor is his mother wanting Brion to stay close to home.

According to Rivals, Carnes will be visiting Western Kentucky and Cincinnati as well. He also has just been offered by Clemson. So NU is by no means the only dog in this hunt.

By the way, I find it funny that in the Rivals article they make it seem like Western Kentucky is the leader for Carnes. Also curious is that they mention how LTR (also from Bradenton, FL) is trying to recruit Carnes, but it fails to mention that T-Fraz is Carnes' cousin. :dunno

Oh boy, I doubt anything comes of this, but apparently Leavitt's lawyers are suing USF to get Leavitt reinstated as their coach. My guess is this will turn into another Leach type of lawsuit where Leavitt is just trying to get more money from USF. But I suppose this could cause a little more confusion for Carnes and USF's other commits if they think there's a possibility Leavitt could get reinstated. :facepalm:

Its a biblical thing. When a child is born parent designate someone(God Parents) they would entrust in caring for the child's religious growth and personal upbringing.

That being said a god brother or sister would be the son or daughter of your god parents. I would think if someone entrust there child's life to a person if they die they probably spend a good amount of time with them.

Its a biblical thing. When a child is born parent designate someone(God Parents) they would entrust in caring for the child's religious growth and personal upbringing.

That being said a god brother or sister would be the son or daughter of your god parents. I would think if someone entrust there child's life to a person if they die they probably spend a good amount of time with them.

Not to nit-pick, but it's not really a biblical thing. It's more of a traditional thing than anything else, as it's not mentioned in the Bible anywhere. Anymore, some families that aren't even "religious" will do it just because the family has always done it.

Not to nit-pick, but it's not really a biblical thing. It's more of a traditional thing than anything else, as it's not mentioned in the Bible anywhere. Anymore, some families that aren't even "religious" will do it just because the family has always done it.

if usf does not hire a new coach soon, i think our chances are good...he would be a good commit..got my fingers crossed..nu needs a qb ,,,,should be getting one every year.

I know what a godparent is. I just have never heard the term "God-brother." But your explanation makes sense.

Not to get too far off topic here, but the concept of godparent is indeed a religious thing, but not a biblical thing. It started in the Roman Catholic Church with the practice of someone who is not a genetic parent of the child being present at the child's baptism. The idea is that the godparent will be somehow involved in the spiritual development of the child. It has since become somewhat popular in some Protestant and non-Christian circles.

Sorry for the rabbit trail. "Go on with the chlorophyll."