SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Not so fast Husker fans. Wiat till signing days to count out on Carnes.

There are several people on HI saying the article is bogus and are 100% certain Carnes will be N on Wednesday. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :ahhhhhhhh

That just goes to show ya that the so called "insiders" on HI really have no clue what they are saying. That is the main reason why I didn't renew my membership this year.

It has nothing to do with HI insiders having no clue. I am a long time Scout member and see the same thing. By that logic, you're saying the Husker coaches have no clue either. (They thought Carnes would be a Husker).

It has more to do with the UNCERTAINTY of recruiting. These are 17 and 18 year old kids, and they change their minds, often. Either get used to it, or don't follow recruiting until signing day.

• Fire 3

If this is true that he is going to Western Kentucky,

I can guarantee too you that Bo/Tim Beck will not stop recruiting 3-4 QBs next year. All year.

Notice which coach(es) I didn't state?? Clears throat........Gilmore.....And I guarantee you Bo won't let these 2 recruit QBs next year.

I hear without TF's help, Carnes probably visits someplace else anyways. For Watson's sake, this turned another 180 on him and yet again blew up in his face. The man is gun shy and I don't want him recruiting any more QBs for NU again. He can't do it by himself. Remember without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM right now. Martinez was all Carl. Without him he's in the Pac 10 right now. Beck is recruiting Turner. Watson has recruited C. Spano to NU, he had no place else to go before enrolling early and a super stud, WALK ON QB, J. Klatt, at CU.

Finally, it's a damn good thing Marsh didn't turn down NU/Watson for UNO. Well hopefully he doesn't decomit in the next 3 days???

So we are going to self destruct on Shawn Watson, are we? Blame him for the whole thing?

Anyway, im sure we will find out more on Monday.

Emmitt Smith? *crosses fingers* (or something close to that situation, obviously not the same but yea....hah)

Off topic, but what's the deal with Emmitt Smith? I've seen him mentioned a couple times now and was just wondering what his recruiting story was. I'm too young to know about it and too lazy to research it.

If this is true that he is going to Western Kentucky,

I can guarantee too you that Bo/Tim Beck will not stop recruiting 3-4 QBs next year. All year.

Notice which coach(es) I didn't state?? Clears throat........Gilmore.....And I guarantee you Bo won't let these 2 recruit QBs next year.

I hear without TF's help, Carnes probably visits someplace else anyways. For Watson's sake, this turned another 180 on him and yet again blew up in his face. The man is gun shy and I don't want him recruiting any more QBs for NU again. He can't do it by himself. Remember without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM right now. Martinez was all Carl. Without him he's in the Pac 10 right now. Beck is recruiting Turner. Watson has recruited C. Spano to NU, he had no place else to go before enrolling early and a super stud, WALK ON QB, J. Klatt, at CU.

Finally, it's a damn good thing Marsh didn't turn down NU/Watson for UNO. Well hopefully he doesn't decomit in the next 3 days???

So we are going to self destruct on Shawn Watson, are we? Blame him for the whole thing?

And yes. We are going to blame Watson. That's how it works. Something bad happens to Nebraska and Watson automatically gets the blame. :sarcasm

But seriously, it sucks he's not coming here, but I didn't see him getting much playing time in his career anyways. Same with little Gabbert. It's not a good year to be a quarterback who wants to play for Nebraska. If anyone comes here this year as QB, they'll MAYBE get 1 year of playing time as a senior, and that's saying Turner isn't the starter by then, which is a strong possibility.

Not so fast Husker fans. Wiat till signing days to count out on Carnes.

There are several people on HI saying the article is bogus and are 100% certain Carnes will be N on Wednesday. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :ahhhhhhhh

That just goes to show ya that the so called "insiders" on HI really have no clue what they are saying. That is the main reason why I didn't renew my membership this year.

It has nothing to do with HI insiders having no clue. I am a long time Scout member and see the same thing. By that logic, you're saying the Husker coaches have no clue either. (They thought Carnes would be a Husker).

It has more to do with the UNCERTAINTY of recruiting. These are 17 and 18 year old kids, and they change their minds, often. Either get used to it, or don't follow recruiting until signing day.

Where did I say the coaches have no clue? I just get tired of people trying to act like they are in "the loop" about breaking recruiting news, and it turns out to be false.......seems to be a trend with certain people. If you have read my previous posts about recruiting...I am always speaking about uncertainty when it comes to recruiting. You are new here so I will shed light on a few past topics. Josh Freeman and the Gabbert brothers to name just a few. By the way which Nebraska coach came out and publicly stated that Carnes was a Husker?

Judging strictly from both QB's films, I've concluded that Turner is a true dual-threat in every sense of the word. Like one recruiting evaluator from Texas said, "he's a wizard when the ball is in his hands." However, Carnes is good too, no disrespect to him. I would be happy having him on the team too, but Turner is that dude.

Well I hope you are right and I don't mean to put sour grapes on people's excitement of any recruit of ours. I honestly hope he does well. Apparently Turner had one game where he went 21-22 with over 400 yards passing and 6 touchdowns.

Scout.com has him throwing for 13 td's with 10 interceptions last season. Personally anytime I see a quarterback with almost as many interceptions as they have touchdowns it just doesn't make me think too highly of them as a passer anyway.

I am not sold on Turner or any recruit honestly until they prove it on the field but if he can develop and live up to the hype I will most definitely be ecstatic about that. The botton line is I hope he can be the player he's hyped up to be!

My proof is in the pudding. Believe me I've self destructed on Watson since the first Gabbert scenario and what a colossal waste of time trying to salvage that. Spano somehow dropped in his lap thanks to OSU. Without that happening, who has he SUCCESSFULLY recruited to NU?

Watson's job breaks down too 2 things. A: Gameplan for the offense/OC (TO/Bo had to do that this year for him) B: Recruit his QB (He's landed 1 QB since he's been here).

My proof is in the pudding. Believe me I've self destructed on Watson since the first Gabbert scenario and what a colossal waste of time trying to salvage that. Spano somehow dropped in his lap thanks to OSU. Without that happening, who has he SUCCESSFULLY recruited to NU?

Watson's job breaks down too 2 things. A: Gameplan for the offense/OC (TO/Bo had to do that this year for him) B: Recruit his QB (He's landed 1 QB since he's been here).

Are you suggesting that Kody Spano is the only good QB that Shawn Watson has recruited? I guess Cody Green and Taylor Martinez are just no name QB's on the team to you, right?

• Fire 2

Great point!

Are you suggesting that Kody Spano is the only good QB that Shawn Watson has recruited? I guess Cody Green and Taylor Martinez are just no name QB's on the team to you, right?

You're forgetting how horrible Cody Green was this past year :sarcasm and how he just didn't live up to the overachieving expectations that many a fan placed on him as a freshman.

You're forgetting how horrible Cody Green was this past year :sarcasm and how he just didn't live up to the overachieving expectations that many a fan placed on him as a freshman.

Im not forgetting, i just didn't expect him to be Superman his first year on campus.

No. K. Spano is the only QB Watson has signed at NU and he dropped in Watson's lap. If Gundy had room, as planned, Spano would be at OSU right now and Watson would be 0fer.

You must not have read my entire other post, without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM today. FACT. Carl Pelini signed Martinez and held off many PAC 10 schools. Fact. Watson was only their prospective position coach .

Hell Watson has recruited a crap load of QBs during his time as a coach, he's just a terrible recruiter.

EDIT: There is a BIG reason why Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner, I'll let you figure this one out.