SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

"What I know about Carnes" by John Talman is on Red Sea Scrolls. Too bad I'm not a member...

Interesting. It said that he's gone through several Rivals affiliated team sites and Florida/Kentucky newspapers asking for confirmation on this so-called commitment, but so far nobody has been able to get a hold of Carnes himself to confirm it. Even Carnes's HS coach can't get through to him yet, since he doesn't know either.

Stay tuned.

I wonder if he is still in Bowling Green or back in Brandenton, FL.

As of that update, he's still in Kentucky or he's travelling on his way back to Florida. That's what they're guessing. They said he's not answering any phone calls, which is why nobody can get through.

But you just said that it is Shawn Watson's job as OC/QB coach to recruit the QB. He even said in an interview with Husker Extra that he is very involved in the recruitment process of the QB. It may have been Eckler and Pelini that brought Green and Martinez to sign with the Huskers, but without Watson's insight and recruitment process, you can't tell me that we would have still pulled them in.

That was my point, it's HIS job to recruit a QB each class, he's not getting it done. The staff is doing his job for him, to put it succinctly.

Yes Green would've signed with NU as Ekeler was his primary recruiter. Ditto with Carl and Martinez. You're knew to recruiting??

I just don't see the logic in blaming one person on the coaching staff for the Carnes not committing. But he never committed to NU, he was just offered and took visits.

In the big picture this has more to do with incompetency than anything to do with Carnes' decision. Watson was looking to be bailed out by TF, didn't work, now his recruiting decisions over the past year have been magnified tenfold for what they are

Well im going to sit back and wait to see if Carnes really did commit to WKU, since it seems no one can really confirm it from Carnes himself or the school.

Only then, will we know whether this conversation about Watson recruiting Carnes is really worth it.

• Fire 1

Just thought I'd put my break from posting on hold since I did come across some good information.

Carnes is NOT academically eligable to go to a school like NU. That is why USF pulled their offer. WKU apparently has a bit lower academic standards.

I think that Turner coming out and saying that he's going to come to Nebraska effected Carnes' decision on doing the same thing. From what we know of Turner is that he's a stud, 4,000 total yards on a team that went 3-7 is absolutely nothing to scoff at. Brion saw the writing on the wall and decided that with all of our depth at QB (only 2 seniors out of a group of 6 or 7) that he just might not get a chance to play.

Good luck to him at WKU, but I'm hoping if he does start at the beginning of next year he throws at least 3 interceptions.

But you just said that it is Shawn Watson's job as OC/QB coach to recruit the QB. He even said in an interview with Husker Extra that he is very involved in the recruitment process of the QB. It may have been Eckler and Pelini that brought Green and Martinez to sign with the Huskers, but without Watson's insight and recruitment process, you can't tell me that we would have still pulled them in.

That was my point, it's HIS job to recruit a QB each class, he's not getting it done. The staff is doing his job for him, to put it succinctly.

Yes Green would've signed with NU as Ekeler was his primary recruiter. Ditto with Carl and Martinez. You're knew to recruiting??

I just don't see the logic in blaming one person on the coaching staff for the Carnes not committing. But he never committed to NU, he was just offered and took visits.

In the big picture this has more to do with incompetency than anything to do with Carnes' decision. Watson was looking to be bailed out by TF, didn't work, now his recruiting decisions over the past year have been magnified tenfold for what they are

I think you are new to recruiting because watsons job is to find the qb recruits you really think that ekler the linebackers coach knows what to look for in a qb. Its watsons job to find them and ekler and guys to go get them N.

Just thought I'd put my break from posting on hold since I did come across some good information.

Carnes is NOT academically eligable to go to a school like NU. That is why USF pulled their offer. WKU apparently has a bit lower academic standards.

Sorry, that just struck me as funny. Not normally the spelling or grammar police :)

There's a lot of time left to get a kid eligible, it happens all of the time.

Why would we have gone after him if he wasn't academically eligible in the first place? Sounds like it was a waste of time if this was true.

Are you suggesting that Kody Spano is the only good QB that Shawn Watson has recruited? I guess Cody Green and Taylor Martinez are just no name QB's on the team to you, right?

No. K. Spano is the only QB Watson has signed at NU and he dropped in Watson's lap. If Gundy had room, as planned, Spano would be at OSU right now and Watson would be 0fer.

You must not have read my entire other post, without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM today. FACT. Carl Pelini signed Martinez and held off many PAC 10 schools. Fact. Watson was only their prospective position coach .

Hell Watson has recruited a crap load of QBs during his time as a coach, he's just a terrible recruiter.

EDIT: There is a BIG reason why Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner, I'll let you figure this one out.

haha TMUL you are very wrong on this situation.....fact is that the reason Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner is because he is in charge of recruiting that part of Texas. C. Pelini recruited martinez because he covers California. Ekeler got Green because....hmmmm let me think.....because he covers that part of Texas!!

i assume you are relatively new to recruiting?? if you are then i would sit back and watch for a while before you start arguments that you dont fully understand. not trying to attack, just saying that you are making yourself look a little foolish....