SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

haha TMUL you are very wrong on this situation.....fact is that the reason Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner is because he is in charge of recruiting that part of Texas. C. Pelini recruited martinez because he covers California. Ekeler got Green because....hmmmm let me think.....because he covers that part of Texas!!

i assume you are relatively new to recruiting?? if you are then i would sit back and watch for a while before you start arguments that you dont fully understand. not trying to attack, just saying that you are making yourself look a little foolish....

ha,ha, ha............I've been following recruiting since these sites were free. Since HI was toughtonydavis.com.

Every single QB recruit I have listed, the coach that landed them was their primary recruiter. I'm not disputing some the regions these coaches are assigned to, but not one was the QB coach. You posted nothing but facts that back up my stance. What area does Watson recruit and who has he landed this year?? Busy game planning the O.

Oh, I guess he doesn't recruit. Like someone else posted, he watches film, he evaluates, then he comes up with his list. He runs his QB camp in the summer then hands the list off to the staff to sign them. I guess I am wrong, not having a QB sign in this class isn't Watson's fault at all, it's on the staff. Like they don't have other players to recruit.

haha TMUL you are very wrong on this situation.....fact is that the reason Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner is because he is in charge of recruiting that part of Texas. C. Pelini recruited martinez because he covers California. Ekeler got Green because....hmmmm let me think.....because he covers that part of Texas!!

i assume you are relatively new to recruiting?? if you are then i would sit back and watch for a while before you start arguments that you dont fully understand. not trying to attack, just saying that you are making yourself look a little foolish....

ha,ha, ha............I've been following recruiting since these sites were free. Since HI was toughtonydavis.com.

Every single QB recruit I have listed, the coach that landed them was their primary recruiter. I'm not disputing some the regions these coaches are assigned to, but not one was the QB coach. You posted nothing but facts that back up my stance. What area does Watson recruit and who has he landed this year?? Busy game planning the O.

Oh, I guess he doesn't recruit. Like someone else posted, he watches film, he evaluates, then he comes up with his list. He runs his QB camp in the summer then hands the list off to the staff to sign them. I guess I am wrong, not having a QB sign in this class isn't Watson's fault at all, it's on the staff. Like they don't have other players to recruit.

So you are saying that Ekler the linebacker coach evaluated and had everything to do with C Green being here. No. And that Carl pelini evaluated Taylor M. No. Just because they are the primary recruiter doesnt mean that they were the one that found them or were the one that evaluated the film on them maybe helped and went and got the kid but watson does his part.

Are you suggesting that Kody Spano is the only good QB that Shawn Watson has recruited? I guess Cody Green and Taylor Martinez are just no name QB's on the team to you, right?

No. K. Spano is the only QB Watson has signed at NU and he dropped in Watson's lap. If Gundy had room, as planned, Spano would be at OSU right now and Watson would be 0fer.

You must not have read my entire other post, without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM today. FACT. Carl Pelini signed Martinez and held off many PAC 10 schools. Fact. Watson was only their prospective position coach .

Hell Watson has recruited a crap load of QBs during his time as a coach, he's just a terrible recruiter.

EDIT: There is a BIG reason why Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner, I'll let you figure this one out.

that is my understanding as well. just because you coach a position doesn't mean you would be the primary recruiter for recruits at that position.

The Hilltoppers? Seriously? Usually losing a 4* player to the likes of Western Kentucky would really piss me off, but given how late NU got into the game with Brion, (thanks again Gabby!) his history with the new coaches there, and the fact that the WKU coaches are probably promised him the world from day one and it's no surprise we lost out on him.

At least NU fans should be used to this sort of thing by now, losing high profile QBs is becoming quite a trend here at Nebraska. <_<

if you have been following for so long then why dont you understand how it works???? The primary recruiter is 95% of the time the person assigned to that region..

for the record i have never once been on HI and i dont ever plan to be, Huskerboard is the place for husker info.

The Hilltoppers? Seriously? Usually losing a 4* player to the likes of Western Kentucky would really piss me off, but given how late NU got into the game with Brion (thanks again Gabby!) and his history with the new coaches there, and the fact that the WKU coaches are probably promised him the world from day one and it's no surprise we lost out on him.

At least NU fans should be used to this sort of thing by now, losing high profile QBs is becoming quite a trend here at Nebraska. <_<

the coach played at carenes high school...so this is not surprising. you would think someone would rather play for nu than western kentucky....nu probably has a backup plan for another qb

No. K. Spano is the only QB Watson has signed at NU and he dropped in Watson's lap. If Gundy had room, as planned, Spano would be at OSU right now and Watson would be 0fer.

You must not have read my entire other post, without Ekeler, C. Green is at ATM today. FACT. Carl Pelini signed Martinez and held off many PAC 10 schools. Fact. Watson was only their prospective position coach .

Hell Watson has recruited a crap load of QBs during his time as a coach, he's just a terrible recruiter.

EDIT: There is a BIG reason why Tim Beck is recruiting J. Turner, I'll let you figure this one out.

You might want to consider learning the difference between facts and suppositions. In fact, I don't see a single fact in that entire post.